Watch

(2403) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

"I don`t know. Last I heard from Witch was a while ago and I just got the feeling she wanted to be left alone so I left it at that. As for October, I tried getting in touch with her, and we exchanged numbers but it`s been a complete blank for weeks now. So I don`t know what she`s doing. We had some things planned that just didn`t happen for some reason."
    he said with a slightly concerned frown, the thought of those two ladies not answering having given him. It seemed clear to him October had given him the cold shoulder, but he didn`t feel like putting that into any clearer words than he already did.
    "As for communication, yeah. That was the original idea, but can`t do anything if people don`t come to chat in the Circle. And it`s none of my business anyway."
    he said shrugging. After all what people did and who showed up, was their business.
    I guess this is the wrong time to bring up I played devil`s advocate there. I still don`t completely like how agency about acknowledgement is concentrated in one person. Unless that person is me and even for me the burden of acknwledging her was heavy.
    keeping his own thoughts about the new acknowledgement process hidden from the others present. His inner Free Council was urging him to speak up and start a pointless argument with Chambers about it, but he thought better of it.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Oh I was? Do I get like, a special pin or something?” laughing at her own joke, cause she thought it was funny. “Either way, glad it works. I’m used to Path or Order, but this worked quite well.” No need to knock something that worked. Frowning, “Yikes, I see that not going well for many reasons.” But sounded like that was in the past, so she doesn’t ask about it.

“Sucks communication was lacking, but, it happens.”
    Especially in their world. Chuckling, “Oh, no worries about that. I’m not sharing anything I don’t want to.” With anyone. Walking back over to it, she takes a piece of paper and writes ‘Cook Out!’ on it, her name with providing the grill and beer, and a number. Pinning it on the board, “There!” her contribution.

“Sometimes it’s best to reach out, to touch base, and then leave it to the other person to text or call back.” Least that’s how it’s seemed to her before. “I’ve been called away for personal business in the past and kept my phone off until it was resolved. So maybe that’s it?” or whatever.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

It feels a bit strange to be back here after a year and a half away. Corn is not sure who or what he would find. As he enters, he takes a look... two new faces and a very familiar one. Corn smiles.

Ah, and someone has brought food already. It is good to see the trend started by Guru is still going strong. Approaching the gathered mages, he introduces himself with a smile.

"Greetings! I am Corn. Daduchos of the Mysterium, Moros and master of Matter. I have been away for some time for family reasons. Aurora ! Always a pleasure. I am very glad you are still here. I have missed several of you, your name among the top.
    I also see that the habit of our fellow mages of not gathering early is still going strong... How are you, Aurora? We should catch up
    ."

Turning back to the group he says "sorry if I interrupted something, but I hadn't seen Aurora for years and we have been through some things together. "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

'If you want I can make you one.' He manages to seem deadly serious for a handful of seconds before the grin cracks his composure. But it might be funny if I did. 'Hopefully we get a few more chances to see how it holds up, because one time is hardly a sample, but yes a promising start.' He says nothing more regarding the system that he had arrived to content to let lie in the past.

Oh he does have it well that works out. 'Friendly or no, reaching out just make sure she's okay would be a worthwhile. I'll do the same for Witch.' Unusual how neither of us gelled very well with out path mates. 'We can never be to careful after all.' The point of the board indeed. 'Well they might be coming just at different times to us, this is not arranged after all hence.' He gestures to the board as Aurora walks over to it. 'Leaving something for them to see.'

When Aurora is done he will head across and add his name, providing: a cook, seasoned steaks, ribs, and spicy chicken skewers. 'As long as you don't mind me at the helm of your grill Aurora?' A role he seems happy to fill. Rather then re-write his number he will move it from where it is pinned in the top corner down next to his name.

With the sound of approach causes him to turn seeing a man approach that was unknown to him but seems to know Aurora. Another returning mage, well here's that chance I was just hoping for. Chambers however stops and pales a little with the introduction. There is no way he's a Daduchos. No code word, no hand sign and above all ... publicly declaring it for all to hear.

Gathering himself. But Moros so my responsibility. 'Greetings Corn.' Pausing to let the man speak and pick up what information can be had. 'It seems you have a history with the circle, allow me to welcome you back.' Gesturing to himself. 'Chambers, I also walk the path of Doom.' He leaves it at that. 'Acknowledgement might be handled a little differently then your used to.' Do I call him on it, could someone so poorly versed in our rules be responsible for the break in? was he the one who cleared the Athenaeum out? 'You've covered most of the questions I would ask already.' Deciding not to, this one needed to be observed. 'So just a few left. Firstly. Do bring or know of anything that comes with or follows you, is associated to you and so on, that could endanger the circle, its members or secrecy?'
    Health
    Mana

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Aurora`s pin joke gets a brief chuckle from Philip. Her comments about his lack of luck with the awakened he mentioned gets a shrug. He wasn`t gonna make a big deal out of it. But what he was gonna make a big deal out of, was Aurora formally agreeing to the cookout by placing her agreement on the cork board. That got a grateful smile out of Philip.
    "Seems this is happening. I can provide the raw meat. And of course chocolate chip cookies."
    He was gonna continue that joke till the end of time, writing his name next to his contributions proudly, following Aurora`s example.

He was interrupted in his thoughts on how to assist in the organisation of the cook out by the sound of the new arrival, Corn.
    Aurora`s an `Acquisitor`, this guy is a `Daduchos`, whatever that`s supposed to mean. But a master of matter. Impressive. And it seems Chambers wasn`t gonna mention his order immediately either, fair. After all, he`s that guys path and order. But he handled his acknowledment pretty well so far. We`ll just have to hope he doesn`t bring any fun.
    he thought, curious but also slightly concerned. All these new Mysterium ranks Chambers didn`t mention made Philip curious about what else Chambers knew and didn`t tell him. He also felt slightly uncomfortable about now being sorrounded by three Mystagogues, stuck up in their `right exchange` mindset.
    Oh boy. Getting them to reveal anything will be like pulling teeth. And only after spilling all of my secrets too. But then again, I do have secrets too. Just gotta sell them for all they`re worth. So, change of tactics, no more free info for you guys.
    he thought about his new Mysterium colleagues. Sure Chambers was nice enough, even almost a friend, but they already agreed to disagree on `right exchange`, so he didn`t expect to get much more out of him. Nevertheless, after a beat, letting him answer Chambers` question, he went over to Corn with an inviting and somewhat relieved smile and offered him his hand to shake in semi-acknowledgment. He was careful not to take anything away from Chambers` acknowledgment dialogue though.
    "Nice to meet you, I`m Philip."
    Full stop. That was all he was gonna get for the time being, after revealing his awakened name, order, path, title and mastery of matter.

7. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Hearing the footsteps, she turns, expecting to see Winter or even Witch, but is greeted by Corn.
    And he was still…Corn. Inwardly, she sighs, forcing a smile,

“Corn, hi.” To say they had been through ‘some things’ was an understatement. His request was still fresh in her mind, as was the feelings it had stirred in her.

Back to Chambers, the smile was warm this time, “You know, that’d be great! I’d wear it with pride!” was she joking? A little bit, but it would be funny.

Reading what he adds to the board, “Oh, those sound great!” spicy chicken skewers?! Yes please! “I don’t mind you using it, as long as you don’t break it or anything.” Not thinking he would, it’s a grill, not that difficult to use.

Deciding to focus on her pepper, she lets Chamber do his thing with Corn, not having anything to add.

When Philip mentioned cookies, chocolate chip ones at that, “Oh! Chocolate chip cookies?! Yes please! Love a good chocolate chip cookie.” Then sighing, “Now I want one.” Chuckling, “Looking forward to this cookout more and more!” sounded like it was going to be a good time.

9. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Aurora's greeting has been a bit too... neutral considering the times good and bad they had shared. " How have you been this year and a half, Aurora ? To be honest, I did expect my return to make a little more stir and excitement considering the time we have to see each other. You don't seem surprised at all to see me back. Am I that predictable? " he says with a chuckle. " I would like to catch up, when you have the time. There have been some exciting developments in my life that I would like to share. "
    Chambers starts with the questions that should have been there anyway. He turns to the fellow moros with a smile. "I am glad things are a bit different, to be honest. In the past, there was no such questions. So, allow me to answer:
    Not as far as I know. I do not bring or know of anything that comes with or follows me, is associated to me and so on, that could endanger the circle, its members or secrecy - within or without the halls of this consilium.
    " He waits for any other questions he may have to answer.

Philip is a bit of a surprise. A handshake but neither order nor path. Corn's eyes turn towards Aurora for a moment, as she is from the old guard. "Things have indeed changed, haven't they?" He asks the Shaman rhetorically before turning towards Phillip.
    "Phillip, pleased to meet you." he says with a friendly tone. "Apologies for not offering a handshake first, things are a bit different than I was used to. A couple of years ago, handshakes were a bit of a no-no." With a moment's hesitation, he does reach out to shake Phillip's hand. "I will get used to it. Pray, tell me... do we refrain from revealing path and order nowdays? Or it just didn't come up? Did I made a faux pas?" He doesn't ask for order or path of neither person that didn't offer.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Chambers attention remains on the new arrival, before hoping back into the ongoing discussions. Well Aurora does know him then although he seems more invested in that relationship by far, should I be relieved or concerned at the lack on contradiction? He does however nod to Corn's response. and Offer a warmer smile. 'That's good to hear.' Shrugging a little. 'There have been no such questions for most of my time here either. We only decided on the method at the last official Consilium meeting. It was a good opportunity to set some foundations for moving forward.' There lets see what you make of that. 'Only one left. In the event it becomes necessary are you willing to fight to defend the circle, Consilium, and its members.' This after all was one of Witch's criteria we all approved. No handshake is offered.

Turning then to Aurora. Her response gets a smirk. 'In that case I'll see what I can do.'

Realising that it might come off as rude to talk about the event without filling the returning mage in. Chambers gestures behind him to a corkboard that leans against an empty bookcase it has several notes pinned to it now. Centrally The April Consilium agenda and now a gathering of offers and resources for a Consilium cookout. Several spare pins, pens and stationary have been left on the bookcase so people can add notices. 'Corn. Something else that's new, we have a message board to ease subtle communication. It might be the fastest but its seen some success so far.' Everyone had got their message and responded at any rate. 'So worth checking when and as you find yourself in the circle.' How engaged he wants to be is up to him of course.

Given its clear I cook regularly I doubt that should be an issue. 'If I do manage to break it I promise to fix it.' Because that would only be fair. 'But your grill should be perfectly safe with me.' Oh yes. Also for Corn's benefit 'There's also food if your hungry.' Charitable impulse getting the better of him as he gestures to the package of stuffed peppers cooling on a surface.
    Health
    Mana

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

With his comment about meat somehow not getting the applause for his contribution he felt he deserved, he doubled down.
    "Well anyway, I can get some of the meat too, Chambers. No need for you to get all of it. So if there`s anything I can do to help, let me know."
    he said, hoping it didn`t come across as childish quarrelling and more as a serious contribution. When Chambers mentioned his food to Corn, Philip added: "Yeah, his homemade stuff is top notch. I can vouch for that." Meanwhile Aurora was doubling down on the fact that he forgot to bring chocolate chip cookies with him to the Circle that time.
    "Yeah, my bad. Forgot the cookies when I left home. They`re still on the kitchen table... Oh well, next time I guess."
    he frowned in deadpan, pretending to make a big deal out of his apology.
    Corn`s comment gets a genuine and deeper frown, though.
    How can I put this without offending all three mystagogues in my presence....? he pondered, almost blurting out he didn`t say more because he`d learned to not be too trusting of Mystagogues, but refraining from that particular fauxpas.

"No, it`s fine. All in due time, perhaps. I try not to be too predictable." he said, in his best attempt at answering Corn`s question while trying not to come across as rude when he said that. This also had the positive effect of avoiding saying anything because he was trying his hand at pretending to be as cryptic as Winter. And speaking of being unpredictable, as soon as he saw an opportunity while Corn and Aurora were talking amongst themselves, he went to Chambers` cork board. There he posted a letter of invitation for Chambers some time in the making, slightly more formal than a regular text, and seperate from the cookout plans or the coming Consilium, which read:
    `Dear Chambers,
    I`d like to invite you out to a bar to chat, at your convenience. Not necessarily to talk shop, although we could I guess, but just to hang out. If you agree, I shall give you the address and await you there.
    Sincerely,

Philip`

15. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A single shoulder shrugged, “Been ok, just working.” Seemed like an ok enough answer to her. An eyebrow arches, “Expected it to make a stir? Not sure what you wanted, you left, you came back, as goes life in Sacramento.” Her voice devoid of emotion. “Exciting in what regards?” did him and his wife decide to have their child and raise it? Or was the risk of it not being perfect end up being too much?

“People reveal what they want when they want, nothing new there.”
    And if Philip didn’t want to share, that was his business.

Chambers get a smirk in return, “Looking forward to it.” Even if it was just a joke, she was enjoying the back and forth.

Waving off the offer, “I wasn’t too worried, it’s hard to break a grill, I trust you.” And she wasn’t all that attached to it.

A smile to Philip, “I say there cannot be too much meat, being a carnivore through and through.” She loved her steaks.

Now as to the cookies, “Or,” she begins, “they were soo good you wanted them all for yourself.” The deadpan matched with the corners of her lips pulling up into a smirk.

17. Likes Xander, liked this post
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread