Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Shrugging with a smirk, “There’s only one I want to ogle me.” But she sometimes didn’t even notice.

And then everything changes in an instant. Something was wrong, and she was confused at first. But then realization hit her.

Concern suddenly takes hold at the change in him. Feeling him shake, and tight grip on her, she wraps her arms around him, pulling him close. A hand reaching to his head, running her fingers through his hair reassuringly, or at least she hoped it was.

“Hey, it’s ok.” Her voice gentle and soft as she pulls back slightly to look into his eyes. Her hands moving to cup his face, not breaking eye contact. “I’m right here, it’s real and I’m not going anywhere.” She takes one of his hands and places it on her chest, over her heart, letting him feel it beat, “It’s real, I promise. You don’t have to do anything again. Never.” Her tone never changed as she watched his eyes. She lifts the hand to her lips and kisses it before resting her face on it. “I promise.”

All good! Always good to go a little sideways when the scene calls for it

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes tenses under Sera's touch, eyes frantically searching her face for deception. His breath is still ragged as he looks at the hand on her bare chest and feels the heart flutter beneath. He feels the brush of her lips on his hand. "You could be lying..." he says, staring at Sera wild-eyed and starting to pull away. "This could be a trick... a trick to hold me here, just like before... Lying and I just can't see it... I have to see it... It's my life to see it... for you... not you, for her... it... NO... Not my life, I am so much more..." Rhodes rambles incoherently and scabbles, still panicked, to grasp at her hands. "You. Sera... Swear it. Swear to me. Swear your love is not a lie. Bind it. Pledge it. She... they never could. They never could because it wasn't real. But you must. How-how-how can I know otherwise? If it is real? It feels real but it always felt real even when it was a lie, don't you see? The lies feel so real until they discard you like nothing and your love means nothing to them and it never did and you will do anything, anything to feel the comforting lie again, do you see? But it can never be the same... never... because you... not You... they... cannot love..." The Flowering's ramblings slowly quiet, and he pulls Seraphina's hand and holds it against his head.

"Please...please...Swear..
    Please..."
    he whispers pleadingly, rocking as tears leak from his overly large eyes.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She was used to her touch helping, but it seemed it wouldn’t be the case today. He would find no deception, only concern. The Nix had never seen him like this, and she could feel panic begin to set in.

But she couldn’t let it take hold. Rhodes needed her in this moment. Needed her strength to pull him back.

They all carried scars from what happened to them. Each different, some more severe, but they were always there. And she was seeing his. It was breaking her heart; her touch and words were no comfort to him. And it was killing her, and she felt her own tears begin to fall.

Still holding his hand, “I’m not lying.” But she knew and could see it, he wasn’t hearing her words.

And as he pulls away, she keeps a hold of his hand, not letting go. She was having a hard time following his words, trying to piece together what he was saying.

Her. His Keeper? It had to be.

Swear it?! He wanted a Pledge. No, he needed it. In this moment, he needed the reassurance that only a Pledge could bring.

As he pulled her hand, she opened it, cradling his head. Her other hand gently wiping his cheek,
    “If that is what you want, what you need, I will swear a Pledge to you.” Her eyes kind, her voice soft, “I’ve never been good with wording Pledges, something I need to learn.” She cracks a small smile, “You’ve always been amazing with words, tell me the Pledge and I will swear it, here and now.” Maybe if he worded it, there would be more comfort for him.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

(Activate Pledge)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"I just have to know the truth of your words..." Rhodes pleads, wrapping his fingers around hers tightly. "Swear that you will not lie when you profess your love, and I will do the same, until this far under the Summer sun. I will owe you a favor equal to the binding of this Pledge. And should either of break this Vow we will be cursed by our deceit until this binding ends." Something about the power thrumming through the Wyrd as he spins the Pledge makes The Flowering sound more like himself, like reaching for the Power helps remind him who he is. "And then we will know our love is real in a way no others can."

The overly large green eyes are wide, almost lit up with the Fae magic thrumming through the Dread Lord. His flowers seem to open wider, thriving on the power he is calling on.
    Hopefully this will make sense:
    Task: Lesser Forbiddance (Don't lie about loving each other)
    Boon: Favour (Rhodes owes a favour to Seraphina)
    Duration: one Season
    Sanction: Curse (successes only on 9 and 10)
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

(-1 Willpower for Pledge)Willpower 1 Spent
    +2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was a nod of understanding as she listens.

Looking into his eyes, “I swear that I will not lie to you when I profess my love, until this far under the Summer Sun. I will owe you a favor equal to the binding of this Pledge. Should either of us break this Vow, we will be cursed by our deceit until the binding ends.” Her own Wyrd worked into each word, her sapphires sparkling in a way they hadn’t before. Or had they? In a dream?

As she feels the Wyrd bind the words, she offers him a small smile, searching his eyes. Glad to see he was more himself, but still worried. “Are you ok?” the concern in her voice as she squeezes his hand.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The panic seems to lessen as Rhodes holds her hand tight. The other rubs his eyes as he lets out a shuddering breath. "... As much as any of us are. I... I'm sorry you had to see that. It... it's never been that bad. I.... I never meant..."

He seems to shrink with exhaustion, blinking the tears form his eyes as he focuses on the hands between them. "This... it was how she kept us. We loved her. All of Ophelia's flowers and jewels and dancers and statues.... we all loved her and would do anything for her. But I saw her with the others. She cared for others more - or so it seemed. And then I realised she didn't love any of us - it was all a ploy to keep us blind to the world beyond the garden. And if any of us thought about it, she would send other changelings to seduce us and win our hearts, keeping us within her Garden. And we didn't do it because we loved them, no, we did it because we loved her."

Slowly, reluctantly, he raises his eyes to meet hers. "That was when I decided to try and leave. And she sent them, more beautiful, more exotic.... insatiable, sordid... I had to flee, to hide. I've never... loved anyone since. Until now. I.... suppose that's what started all this off. People saying we can stay. That they love me when.... when it means nothing. But this... this is real, isn't it?" There's a tired hint of desperation in his voice.

7. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Shaking her head, “There is nothing to be sorry for. I love you, and that includes your past and what you’ve gone through. It won’t change my feelings. Never.” There would come a time when he would see her painful past.

As he focused on their hands, she rubs the back of his hand with hers, simply listening. Hearing about anothers Durance was important. Not many opened up about it, choosing to keep it within. And hearing about his made what happened make sense.

And what he told her? It sounded horrible, to have ones emotions and feelings toyed with and used? That was a new level of cruelty.

When his eyes meet hers, he will only see compassion in hers. No judgement, no fear.

She removes her hands from his and hugs him, pulling him close, “Yes, this is real, and it means everything.” Her voice sweet and caring, her lips lovingly kissing his cheek. “And I’m not going anywhere.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord's trembling slowly cease under her gentle embrace. "I... I love you too Sera." The tingle in the Wyrd is fading as the pledge holds. "It... is does mean everything. I've never known anyone care like you." He gently rests his head on here, holding her and slowly finding comfort and safety in her presence.

He holds her in silence for several minutes.

Eventually Rhodes begins to regain his composure. "I... *ahem*... I hope you won't tell anyone about this. I don't think it will every go away... It's a part of me... It wouldn't do to be seen as... less than perfect." He looks slowly into the sapphire eyes, knowing she would understand. They were all broken things, but the Fairest - they were the great pretenders. A mask of lies over the shattered truths. "I... wish I could promise I can control it. Maybe the Pledge will help - I don't know. I've never felt this way again, I've..." he falters, looking down, breath quickening again. The Flowering takes a steadying breath. "I didn't mean to force a pledge, especially not to you. I panicked. It was all I knew to gain control of myself..." When in doubt, throw magic at it and hope. Words, so often his tool of choice, seemed to be failing him. It didn't help.

"Could I stay? For a few days?" Rhodes asks slowly. "I don't know if that would happen again, but if it does I... I would need you." He felt raw, exposed. Weak. It was hard to express, but if Sasha had seen that? Ingrid? Richard, Circe, Titania? Would he be able to live with himself? At least Sera, Sera would keep this secret, his most vulnerable self. They loved each other. She had to.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She continues to hold him, letting him take his time, not moving, just simply being there.

Looking into his eyes, “Of course not, I would never tell anyone.” It was no ones business. These things were personal. “I understand that, perhaps more than others. Your secrets are always safe with me, no matter what.” Trust was huge, it wasn’t something they took lightly and it was something more important to them than anything. Gently touching his cheek, “When it happens again, we’ll deal with it then, just like we did today. Together. I will always be here when you need it, even if it’s just someone to hold in silence, I’ll be here.” She wasn’t going anywhere, and seeing him at his worst wasn’t chasing her away. Shaking her head, “You didn’t force it, I could have refused it. But I know my feelings, and knew a Pledge would allow you to see the honesty in them. I never had an issue swearing a Pledge to you, and I would do it again.” And maybe someday, he wouldn’t need the Pledge to know her feelings were true.

Stay for a few days?

“Oh, of course. You’re welcome to stay as long as you want.”
    It’d make being in a new home easier. There was a look of confusion, “Need me?” the words sounded alien to her. “I,” she begins, unsure, “I’ve never been needed before.” That was new.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes looks at her. Slowly, a smile pulls on his lips. "Thank you. I knew you would understand. I'm here for you too. And if there's anything you need, anything at all... I hope you will come to me." He squeezes her hand lightly.

He blinks slowly. "As long as I like? You may have to throw me out," he finally manages to joke, then turns serious. "Maybe no-one has ever told you. But I do. I love you, and the time I spend with you is that which I look forward to the most." Rhodes kisses the Nix on the cheek, and shivers. "Perhaps we should get a little more dressed." He smiles a little awkwardly.

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread