Ended
Watch

Cabal Up!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
    A
    Asp

Asp gave a nod and a friendly smile to Gyges. "Hi there," she said to the Apostate, every bit the easygoing young woman she seemed to be, but behind her eyes was a certain steel that held as the bickering started. She didn't know Emrys, but she'd seen him, at least - Avis had gone to speak with him. Nor did she know Gyges. If it got really ugly, she'd step in - this was the Arrow's building and she was their CO and a Sentinel, after all - but she trusted Weavebreaker to keep the peace.

Weave was sort of the Pacifier when it came to magic, anyway. That was Her Thing.

"If you folks need anything, you're more than welcome to ask the Veiled Threats as well. Setting up cabals and getting stuff done is good for everyone, so we've got your back. Especially where the Consilium's campaign against the Banishers is concerned."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce notes the air of sarcasm being exchanged between Gyges and Emrys. Personally he does regard Emrys's initial questions to be long winded, asking for clarification and then ultimately criticizing the presumed roles of the current Cabals. Gyges's reply doesn't surprise him, though Emrys is quick to react to the snide commentary. Still, they're only expressing themselves and Truce doesn't see a reason yet to intervene and further clutter the conversation.

After hearing Damascus's attempt to neutralize any further arguments and Crowley's clarification Truce says, "I quite agree with Damascus as she makes a good point. You should have no difficulty working with us, Emrys, so long as we are treated decently. I won't pretend that I'm all that versed in the Cabal traditions but being in a three or five person group versus, say, a larger one makes us no more or less under the Consilium's protection. Still, there's no reason you shouldn't consider a place among the Archangels, or even the Provost's offer for Foster membership. I can respect that you are bringing different options to the table, and if you're still undecided then my only advice is to take your time until you feel comfortable with that decision. I, for one, will give this new Cabal my full effort. Even if it ends up my only part in it will be assisting the safe fortification of a local Hallow. And it seems we will have a wealth of assistance in that." Truce nods to Weavebreaker and Pepper for their offers of help.

3. Likes RebornSeas, Benji liked this post

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Gyges leans back, satisfied that the other apostates weren't going to let someone just walk all over them and give people the impression that they could get away with it on him. "Crowley, that's all part of taking command of a territory in the city. We're expected to keep an eye on the place." And, if they were smart, the surrounding area. Managing a problem before it became their actual, official problem was the wiser course of action generally. "Like I said, I'm up for it and I think we should hammer out a new charter once we have a place to hammer it out at."

He nods at Asp, now that she's been pointed out as who she is. "Thank you." He nods to Pepper as well, "And thank you Pepper, I'm sure we'd appreciate it, but who is Animus and why would he know about unused hallows?"

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper nodded to Gyges at his question and smiled, "Animus is one of the Sacramento Consilium's longest residents, he's been a sentinel off and on throughout his time here... and more relevant to your question, he's been part of a number of cabals, all of which have had different territories and hollows but fell apart with the death or relocation of various members. Panthera Nox isn't at any of those places either, so that means he know at least a few Hollows that are not in use, to the Consilium's knowledge, at least." She shrugged, not sure if that would be good enough. One thing for sure, she was not going to reference the Shaman's stint as hierarch, he'd hated that to much to just mention it to strangers.

Even if it was odd not bragging about that.

7. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein looked at the people who had said yes so far. It seemed she could rely on Crowley and Damascus, at least, although Gyges, Truce and Emrys were still up in the air. Gyges because he might bail at any moment, and Emrys because he simply didn't want in. Truce, she couldn't tell. He seemed to be on the same level as Gyges, but more so. Three wasn't the most optimal number, but it was a solid core. And if Gyges didn't bail the moment someone disagreed with him, he made a good fourth. "So, seems like we have a good crew. Unless 'Animus' is here right now, it might be a good idea to figure out a place and time to meet up with him, since all of us are talking about Hallows right now. Although...we could take the time here, to hammer out a goal that everyone agrees on. So if anyone wants to bail, they can do so now." She glanced at Gyges.

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker glanced down to the ground for a moment as something dawned on her, a place she had only been to once. "I may know a place, but it may be more trouble then it is worth and I don't know if there was a Hallow there..."

"A while back, during the course of a investigation, I came upon a place that had potent life magic weaved into it. While searching the place, another person I was with ended up getting attacked by the spirits that guarded the place and we all ended up leaving as quick as possible as I think I was the only one out of the bunch that could do anything against them." Weavebreaker bit her lip for a moment, as she tried to recall events that happened well over a year ago in more detail.

"I don't know." Weavebreaker gave a soft roll of her shoulders. "Honestly, I am able to bring back a dormant Hallow so that expands your options. Above and beyond, I can impart vision upon you all that would make searching easier as well." A hand drifted to her chin as she thought about it.

"I remember when we were looking. I ended up going onto Goggle and finding the highest natural elevation in Sacramento." Weavebreaker shook her head softly and let out a chuckle.

"I completely forgot..." A hand drifted to her cheek as she continued shaking her head. "The Art Studio." Weavebreaker was silent for a moment as she thought. "I am not completely sure who owns it now, but that could also be worth looking into..."
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

Emrys

PRE

With a sigh, Emrys looked to Damascus and Truce. "I didn't mean Libertine or Apostate in a proprietary or patronizing way. It was a poorly worded way of denoting the people I thought would need to work together, but you are right that you guys seem to have a good thing going. Good luck with that!"

"I'm not sure there's anything I can do to help, but if there is something feel free to ask. Otherwise?" He turns to Weavebreaker. "I'd like to meet the other Archangels when we get a chance before giving a definitive yes."

Pepper's earlier remark about a Factotum being good for Striker was a concern. When Elle had mentioned a trouble making Australian, it sounded like someone was already under a penance. If that same person was this Striker? Having that in a cabal of protectors could be either a testament to their dedication, or an early sign of their self defeating methods. Fair chance though. He'd talk to them and see what was up. Worst case scenario he'd pray Gyges ditched and replace him in the new cabal.

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

"Pepper, Weavebreaker, thank you both for your offers of assistance. I'm concerned though, if the cabal tried to claim a Hallow that others who still reside in the city have abandoned, would it be worth it? We don't know if the wells are still flowing, for one thing." He shakes his head. "For another, I'd rather we do a lot more preparation if we're going to claim a place that has been known for aggressive spiritual guardians." He wasn't exactly opposed to going after one of them, he just wanted everyone to be aware of the risks - to their time, health and sanity.

"However, it occurs to me that the number of hallows allowed to go untended might give us a mission, at least until we can settle on something else as a group. Once we secure a place, if we have the means we might make it our job to find and secure some of the Hallows left to go wild by others, on behalf of the Consilium. I'm sure the Sentinels would appreciate a list of places that banishers or other threats might make into bases, even if it is incomplete." He gestures to the other four who are for the Cabal. "We are a collection of magi with the potential for a very broad array of talents if we handle ourselves properly."

He gestures to his fellow Apostates. "You can keep an eye on the shadow, and the dead." His gesture moves to Crowley, "while you can look forward and backwards through time." He gestures to Einstein and himself. "Our natural gifts are more worldly, but they're very flexible. If we're smart, we can do a lot together. Or we can sit around and argue about what we want to do. I'm for going out and doing something ourselves instead of letting someone do it for us or arguing about it."

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, RebornSeas liked this post

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"That sounds like a plan," Crowley found himself nodding along. "It will pay in the long run to have an idea what is actually out there, and where the dangers are. It will help the Consilium too..."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Very well," answers Truce to Gyges's plan of action. "I can also assist in the purview of Time so that we are more effective in that regard. I have no objections to pursuing a Hallow already known to the Consilium. And it is indeed a good idea to at least be aware of and keep tabs on any other known founts."

Looking to Einstein he continues, "There's no reason we can't discuss our own goals and see if there is some common ground to unite upon. My personal goals stem around easing the suffering of the living and the dead and reducing the burdens that weigh down the Fallen World."

Next to Weavebreaker, Truce says, "So there are at least two you know about, Weavebreaker? Once we petition this man, Animus, for his assistance then we may even be able to draw up a map to keep better tabs on those unclaimed Hallows. We can then survey them for activity, probably something as simple as the identification of Tass."

Truce tries to keep his responses concise and constructive, providing information when he thinks it would be helpful. They are close to taking their first step towards a common goal of hunting a Hallow. They just needed a place to begin. It may well depend on how long it takes to find and ask this Animus character.

15. Likes RebornSeas liked this post
Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread