Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Fall Discussions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    L

The Wyrd is given an...almost quizzical look at first as it swirls towards himself and Terri. That certainly wouldn't be an outcome he'd expect. It fades, though, when he notices the brief moments it spends on them. Fades as he understands the reason, the message behind it.

And then he watches as it continues to swirl before settling upon the person he'd expected it to, and hoped it would. "Congratulations, Queen Campbell."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

The moment the Wyrd stirred around the Hollow, Terri couldn’t help but grin in anticipation of the crowing of a new Dread Lord or Lady. It was so exciting, the prospect of fresh leadership that whomever was appointed, she would do her very utmost to provide all the support she could.

Her grin faded slightly, however, fixing into a confused state as it lingered over her before moving onto Rick for a few seconds. Mentally, Terri sighed a breath of relief, really not wanting that pressure again.

Then it settled onto their new Sovereign and the grin spread once again across Terri’s face as she looked upon the new Monarch of Autumn. “Congratulations!” Terri squealed, clapping her hands together excitedly, ready to burst.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

S
    Saeyer

As the Wyrd settled around Ava, the scents it carried began to shift. The smell of cool, still water rose around her, swiftly accompanied by an earthy odor of decay. And, faintly, the sensation of undertow: like the tide going out past someone's ankles, drawing them in. Her mantle had never been one others admired, stuck somewhere between subtle and unpalatable, but it suited her. In this moment, she was even allowed to be proud of that.

Not bashful by nature, it was still difficult not to wince as Rick called her 'queen.' Still, it was good to have the seeming support of both previous sovereigns, without any apparent ill-will or second-guessing. "Thank you. But, between us, we can just stick with Ava. Or Ms Campbell, if anyone is feeling formal. I know there are still questions and issues we wanted to discuss, but I'd like to take a moment for titles."

"Morgan," she began, gaze landing on the Steepscrambler. "You've been Twilit Page for some time. While you've been invaluable in that position, I'd like you to step into the role of Scrivener. Unless, of course, there was another title you were hoping to fill; if there is, please say so." She didn't want to strong-arm the raccoon, but judging from Morgan's current endeavors it seemed like a good fit.

"Terri and Rick, would you be interested in returning to your previous roles? Legate of Mists and Ranger, respectively, if I recall correctly. And I think it's a fantastic idea for you to manage the boarding house, Terri." Certainly a more welcoming, motherly figure than Ms. Jasons, Ava doubted Terri would have any trouble winning over its occupants. Though, they might need to navigate the lack of Ms. Jasons as the go-to for local Lost, Freehold or otherwise, who didn't want to go to a hospital.

Ava's attention settled on Milo, considering. "You've been serving as the Ghul, but it hasn't been public knowledge; does that suit how you'd like to operate?" Obviously he'd wanted to operate as Dread King, but in lieu of that, she was open to his input. There were certain benefits to keeping the fact that Autumn had seen fit to appoint an assassin private, but if he was hoping to openly sow fear that might be hard when a vast majority of the community believed him to be Autumn's Fool.

"And Mhairi, Nathan, I'd like to meet with both of you later." It was said with a small smile, but privately she felt much more positively about one of those conversations than the other. "Take a little time to consider where you'd like to see yourselves, and drop me a line so we can set up a meeting."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan gave Ava a thumbs up: "C-c-congratulations and-and adulation to thee Ava, erm Queen Ava." She then nodded her head, "Imma ssss-certain thee shalt be an excellent sovereign of knowledge and terror for our c-court."

And then she was being offered a promotion. "Eh? Um...heh-heh" she rubbed the back of her head, "Sorry. If-if ye t-t-think I can fill thine shoes Ava t-t-then Imma do me best to science-the-hell-outta the post. Meh-beh t-try posting bounties for new lore or-or something, heh-heh."

After being quietly briefly, Morgan bounced in her seat, "Ooh-ooh idea: knowledge removes f-f-fear of unknown b-b-but unknown knowledge held over ye makes ye scared too. L-like the music that scares the dragon-bastard. Imma t-t-try figure that stuff out." Well, it was good idea for combining fear and knowledge.

5. Likes Gwydden, , Forn Clakes liked this post

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo watched as the Wyrd danced around the former Sovereigns. He doubted they wanted it, and watched anxiously as it darted about. As it chose the sovereign one final feeling of hope raced through his mind before disappointment took hold. Stone features wouldn't betray his feelings, but just to be sure he inclined his head to Ava both to show his loyalty and hide his face just in case.

"Congratulations Ms Campbell." The Fairest raised his head once more. The twisted smile had faded into a much more neutral expression. "It suits me far better. I believe the assumption I still hold that title will make my actual one that much easier to pursue. Unless a public execution is needed, on which case I guess I could wear a mask."

His brow furrowed before he shrugged. "Either way, yes, I'd like to keep my position as Ghul between Autumns as long as I can."

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

The Wyrd rises, stealing Mhairi's breath away. She'd never experienced something like this before. Even after all this time, to her the Wyrd was an abstract thought, it was there but...but this...made everything more real.

The Wyrd swirled around Terri, and Rick, then there was an up-swell of Ava's mantel, it filled the room. "Grats!" Mhairi squeaks, "Queen Ava! Or Ms Campbell or-uh is just Ava still-ah okay? At least around here?"

Mhairi quiets down as the knew Autumn Queen begins talking of rolls and tittle with the Court.

"Morgan? Uh-that sounds...really, really good. The direction...Fear and knowledge, and knowledge and Fear..."

"And Milo..."
    Mhairi tries to fight off a blush. She doesn't know how successful she is. "I-ah-err." she didn't know how to make the man who'd pushed himself forward for king, feel better about not being made king. "At uh-least you're still a scary spyssassin." she finishes feebly.

"Uh-yes. Later is good." Mhairi stammered, the last time she passed through a 'Hold she was Courtless, after she made ties with Autumn she'd been drifting, confidentially trying to get to Sacramento, so she'd never been in a position to ever really think of being a tittles member of Autumn...the thought both empowered her, and scared her shitless.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

(Corporal Pledge)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

“My Queen, It will be my honour to represent the Leaden Mirror to those outside our Court as Legate of Mists, to be your voice when required whether it be in my capacity as a friendly face or bearer of dire warnings. Upon the Harvest itself, for a year and a day I shall carry out this duty and if I am found to be wanting in my role, then shall the Wyrd bring its to bear the full weight of the consequences of my actions.”

Once again swearing herself upon her own powerful connection to the Autumn Court, Terri feels only pride that Ava has given her the opportunity to not only be a trusted member of her new Court but to take the reins as manager of Edna’s and to be redeemed in her own eyes.

“Thank you, Ava.” These final words were added with warmth, friendliness and tight with emotion, her eyes glistening slightly.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

L

There's a wry smile at Ava's reaction to formality, verbal and otherwise. He could certainly remember that feeling. "Don't worry, I'll avoid making a habit of heaping formalities upon you."

And it had been Ranger and Paladin of Shadows, actually. But...Paladin was just a mantle he'd taken up because Betony had asked of him, never a role that he relished. He could handle himself in a fight, had to be able to do so in order to go where he did with any modicum of safety. But he'd never considered himself a warrior, the call of battle had never been something to resonate in him. And the role of the Paladin of Shadows was that of a warrior. Paladin and Ranger, only one of the two had resonated with him. He'd hardly mind leaving the other behind.

"I've explored the Hedge for many long years now, discovering its secrets and learning of is dangers. And I will continue down that winding path. For a year and a day I will unravel the mystery of the thorns in the name of the Leaden Mirror. And guide those less familiar with the dangers that lurk along those twisting paths as needed. Shall I falter in my journey, the wyrd will make its displeasure known."

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He saw it dance. It was like a graceful dancer, looking for a partner around the room. It dallied with Ms. Nutkins, it teased Rick with absolute shamelessness, before embracing their now to be sovereign. When the choice was made he did not show much in the way of a reaction. His eyes darted for a moment in the two former monarchs' direction and then stopped for a moment on Milo, and finally they rested on Ava who, as he had expected, had not lost her composure.

"As you wish, Ms. Campbell," he nodded, and respect wasn't lacking in his words or in the way he inclined his head. Nevertheless, there was an oddly dispassionate edge to his words.

Where I'd like to see myself?, he mused, distracted for a moment from everything that was going on. There was very little he wanted, but there was very much he needed. Apathy was a solid, impassable cobweb, and even though he could barely managed to care enough to clear it, he knew he had to through sheer intuition. It was that or death, or something even worse.

11. Likes Forn Clakes, , Lesingnon liked this post
    S
    Saeyer

Sending Morgan a pleased and encouraging look as she accepted the title and immediately began to consider what she might do to fulfill it, Ava's attention fixed more pointedly on Milo. "We'll keep it between the seven of us, then," she said, looking briefly to the other Autumns to draw them into the agreement. "I'd like to speak with you at a later date as well, on the subject of Emma." A few possibilities for how to handle that were already tumbling through her brain, but it deserved some thought; and a lot more information.

Terri's pledge brought a strange tightness to the Nix's chest, both for being the first of them and also for the seeming sincerity of it. Her feelings and understanding of the former queen were complicated, but it was hard not to be touched by her thanks. Rick's assurance was similar, and it was good to know he would be trawling the local Hedge with their interests at heart.

With everyone agreeing to their posts and future meetings, it felt to Ava like the immediate purpose of the gathering was winding down. But, just in case- "Are there any questions that were raised earlier you'd would like to revisit before we wrap up?" The 'you' was royal, addressed to the group at large.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread