Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper nodded, pleased that she'd been accepted into the gathering, and joined the others in the loose circle they're forming. She let people Start - names, what they're here for, what they did. She was the late comer, and getting used to the rhythm of the conversation.

After a moment she stepped forward slightly, "For those unfamiliar with me, I'm Pepper, the Acanthus Provost, and i'm here to represent Panthera Nox. Obviously, that means I can't answer questions about the Archangels, that would be Weavebreaker's place." She gave a nod to the Archangel, good humor suffusing the gesture with respect and acknowledgement.

"We aren't seeking full time members currently, but we'd be pleased to court foster-members, and I would be delighted to answer any question you have about the Panthera Nox, regardless of interest in joining or not." She stepped back, signalling that her introduction was all she was going to say.

2. Likes Whisper liked this post
    E
    Eris

Damascus eyed the Provost as they made their speech, remaining somewhat miffed by their actions at their preceding meeting. The Shaman didn’t bother to rise again as she addressed the gathering, as with the possible exception of the Sentinel they were all close enough that there was no need to project her voice through the vastness of the hall.

“A group of alias-wielding strangers meet in a clandestine location to discuss a secret they all share… Does anyone else feel a little like they’ve stumbled into an AA meeting?” The Thyrsus’ spoke in jest, yet her expression grew more serious as her words conjured recollections of just how poorly she'd coped in the aftermath of her awakening; when next she spoke it was in a focused and attentive manner.

“I'm an unaligned Shaman and a Disciple of Spirit. For the moment I’m of much the same mind as Gyges, I’m looking for a Hallow and a group with which I can work well.”

Uncertain whether mentioning that she lacked the backing of an order would be a mark against her suitability, Damascus decided that on the whole she’d done enough damage to her image for the moment and lapsed into silence.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley absently massaged a shoulder and chuckled along with Damascus.

"Yeah thats about the right of it! Heh... Oh yeah. I'm an Enchanter of the FC with an interest in Time and Space applications. I'm just looking for some good people to hang with. People who are willing to share the costs of a place where we can experiment in peace. Have each other's back. That sort of thing."

5. Likes Teeramus, Whisper liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce returns the smile to Damascus before noting Emrys's mention of the established Cabals. He has heard the same from Crowley, though Truce wonders if these Cabals are even looking for fresh blood. He supposes that is another function of this meeting, to find out.

When Weavebreaker speaks up Truce wonders how she's managed to live at the University without being rooted out by the Banisher threat. She must certainly value the education she is receiving there, unless her true purpose is to spy on that threat as an Arrow. Very curious, but he would save his questions regarding that for another time.

Gyges seems to have a solid plan for himself when he speaks.

Most of Truce's attention falls on Pepper at her introduction. He had heard a little about her and Panthera Nox, enough to pique his interest.

"And my Shadow Name is Truce. I walk the Moros Path and am currently an Independent Apostate and Disciple of the Death Arcanum. I'm currently working with a Mentor to improve my experience within the Mind Arcanum and I am still deciding on which Order I may wish to seek initiation with."

That's plenty of information to share, Truce believes. He has mentioned more details to certain individuals but he would rather discuss those on a one-on-one basis if necessary.

Seeing that everyone's spoken their introductions, Truce decides to offer a few suggestions. "Since we have representatives from the Archangels and Panthera Nox, perhaps we could open the floor for questions regarding those established Cabals? Or we could break off into groups and those ladies can provide information as needed? Crowley, you're pretty familiar with the remaining Cabals, aren't you? Perhaps you could share what you know about Veiled Threats & Unbound Smoke for those that haven't heard about them?"

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein watches as everyone introduces themselves. Some she already knew, but a reminder never hurt. She shot Truce a look as he started getting ahead of himself. Was he really in so much of a hurry to get to the cabaling that he was willing to be rude to everyone who hadn't spoken yet? She coughed, to bring the attention to herself. "Hi. Most of you have met me, I'm Einstein. I'm a Libertine Obrimos, currently working on exploring some alternate theories on magic."

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

Emrys

PRE

Emrys watched and listened as the intros poured forth. There was a moment when Damascus referenced an AA meeting, and he couldn't help but let a laugh out and glance back towards Asp. Potentially abusive drunk or just an Arrow that didn't know her words? Either way, he was wondering what Arrows did at their meetings now, and all he could think about is people thugging each other in place of a real decision making process. The image Asp was painting was certainly stimulating his imagination.

After his quick glance back, Emrys snapped his attention back to the group around him. He found it curious how few people could talk about themselves without mentioning Arcana, as if that painted a clear picture of the people gathered in the room. Crowley caught his attention most easily, though the mention of alternative theories piqued his interest. Another time though, today was about cabals not magic theory, as much as Emrys would be more comfortable with it.

"Like I said, I'm Emrys, Acanthus Libertine." He smiled to the group. " I moved here at the end of last year from DC, I have a Master's degree in Cultural Anthropology for my field work in Taoism, and I'm mostly looking for a home to come home to at the end of the day. Good folks, maybe helping people, yada yada. I'm sure everyone here has heard that story before."

The Enchanter shrugged before falling back to silence. He wondered if Einstein would bite, almost more then what cabal he would end up with, but it was time to hand the spot light over.

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker eyes moved from person to person as they spoke, and she drew in the details. When they finished, Weavebreaker's eyes momentarily shifted over to Pepper before she looked back to them all.

"The Archangels have been in Sacramento for a few years now and have a history outside of Sacramento. Right now, our cabal consists of four. Leo, Jonokuchi, Striker, and myself." Weavebreaker may have been one of the few within Sacramento that held out hope about Leo.

"Currently, though..." Weavebreaker's eyes fell to the ground. "Leo, The Leader of the Archangels and Adamantine Arrows is missing and has been missing for some time." Weavebreaker paused for a moment, trying not to let her mind run through all the potential fates.

Drawing in a deep breath, she continued. "The Archangels are protectors. While all current members are Adamantine Arrows, that is not a requisite."

"I will be straightforward with you." Weavebreaker said as she clasped her hands together. "I had expected more turn out from the Cabals, but there are only a handful. Looking at across this room I see potential for a brand new Cabal to form."

"If that is a option some are willing to pursue, then I will strive to make it a reality, as I am sure Panthera Nox;" Weavebreaker gave a motion of her hand towards Pepper, "And the Veiled Threats would likewise do." She motioned to Asp before her hands fell back down to her side.

"Thoughts, feelings, concerns?"
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Gyges looked confused and raised a hand to ask a question. "Sorry I think I've got my wires crossed. I thought someone named Asp was heading the Arrows?"

To Pepper he asks, "What does Panthera Nox do and what do you expect from Fosters?" He didn't know any of the solitaries here well enough to jump at the chance to form a cabal with them, so he felt that asking about an already established cabal was the better choice. Perhaps the best choice would be for everyone to foster with one cabal while they got to know each other, then split off once they could find and secure a hallow of their own.

12. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    E
    Eris

The lone Shaman listened as the remaining willworkers aired their resumes for inspection, frowning slightly as the Moros cut the others off with questions, much as she’d restrained herself from doing so as not to disrupt the flow of proceedings.

As Weavebreaker suggested the formation of a new Cabal the Thyrsus again regarded her fellow mages; to her mind the idea held some appeal. It would be something to form their own identity rather than try and fit neatly into an established clique with a shared history that they just weren’t a part of. The others seemed fairly solid, she liked Truce’s practicality, the Herald’s straightforward honesty, and though she’d just met Einstein, the prospect of alternate magical theories sounded intriguing. Even Emrys seemed to possess redeeming qualities in the form of a sense of humor; perhaps the Syndic wasn’t as irksome as he’d so far lead her to believe. If things didn’t work out they could always break off and attach themselves to the established groups, what had they to lose in making the attempt?

In the void left by the Warlock’s words the Shaman rose to her feet. Whether Gyges was exploring his options or the idea of forming a Cabal from scratch just held no allure for him; she wanted to make her position clear, lest the group fragment, each thinking the others disinterested in such a partnership.

”Personally, I’m interested in working with the rest of you.” Her eyes met with those of each of the Caballess as she said her piece. “Together we seem to have a lot to bring to the table, and I'd be up for the challenge. ” She finished with a smile.

Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread