Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Council of Dragons

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher thought for a moment as she chewed. The long list of things that Avis could do all sounded impressive and like pretty much what they needed to accomplish their task of a Labyrinth. In fact it made her own truths seem rather paltry in comparison despite how practical and useful they could be everyday. Her talents just weren't for something like this it seemed.

"Well, that all sounds impressive and pretty useful. I don't think mine is going to be all that helpful,"
    she paused for a moment before continuing. "As a disciple of Life, I have control over all forms of animal life such as insects and higher animals except sentient life like humans, at least so far. I can alter and change life forms to give them features of other base and median lifeforms, or change them into other base and median lifeforms entirely. I can also diagnose illness and injury as well as heal it in myself and others. I can change myself by giving me features of base or median lifeforms, enhance my physical abilities, or I can alter the way I look slightly so that I can look a little less like myself. As an apprentice of Spirit I can sense, see, and talk to spirits as well as detect spirits possessing creatures. I can summon lesser spirits and I can guard myself against their attacks while allowing myself to touch and harm them in return. I can store souls for a short time in containers, I can't do it for very long with my experience. I can also peer across the gauntlet between our realm and the shadow realm and potentially detect places of power like loci and strengthen or weaken the gauntlet at a hallow."Fisher paused for another long moment thinking. "I guess now that I think about it, I might be able to take a lesser animal like a rat or a cat or dog and turn it into something else for a trial as well as influence or alter its behavior into a natural instinctual response."

2. Likes Cayce liked this post

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

She can be in multiple places at once...Damn. I mean, how does someone fight someone like that yo? Its not like Wayland had any intention of wanting to fight Avis, at least beyond a training point of view, but... times can change, and even without that, she's like, not the only Mage in the world who can do that. That would make for some interesting training to try and overcome that. A challenge for another day perhaps bro.

Fisher's listing of her abilities was harder for Wayland to understand. He was so fixed on the Material World that the Truths of the Unseen World were difficult for him. Its not that he didn't understand them, or at least couldn't understand it, but more that they required a way of thinking that was alien to him.

With sandwich in hand, he idly scratches his head with the other hand, "Well, I can like, pretty much do just about anything to solid and liquid matter. So like, I can recognise and find any kind of matter, work out if stuff's broken and how to fix it, or you know, how to break it, I can change solids and liquids into like, other solids and liquids. I can control objects and machines and make them move as I need them to. I can pretty much make or fix anything you need, as long as its like, make from solids and liquids."

"I'm also a Disciple of Prime, so I can like, find and understand objects of Power. I can also transform mine and other's auras and disguise resonances, manipulate Mana, enchant items to hit ephemeral nasties, make small physical illusions, guard people's souls from attack, and make imbued items, but like, I can only do that for a short time hey." It sounded like a lot, and his skills were nice, but when it came down to it, if you needed something he could either modify something to suit, or simply make an illusion of one out of Mana.

"Ohh, and I can like, see and talk to ghosts and stuff, and make places covered with shadow. Yeah."

4. Likes Cayce liked this post
    B
    BlackWidowAus

Runner got lost at a few of the terms that Avis used but when she started to describe her abilities he was absolutely stunned. He knew that his abilities were only just starting to be explored but what Avis described opened his mind to even more possibilities. He wondered whether he could ever attain half of those skills.

"As only a mere initiate of all things space and an apprentice of the living world, my abilities are far surpassed by yours." Nodding first to Avis and then to Fisher. "But I am also a disciple of the Mind arcana."

Continuing, "With that, I can control lesser creatures but also influence the emotions of people. Oh! I can also create holes in people's memory and I have some experience in speaking directly into someone else's mind. I might be able to combine them to implant memories but to be honest, I've never tried."

Runner thought it best not to mention the fact that he had some experience in dealing damage directly to someone's consciousness. Not at the first meeting anyway. Plus, explaining how he got the experience is not something he was ready to tackle. Not yet.

B
    BlackWidowAus

Impressed by Wayland's descriptions of his abilities with what he assumed was the Death and Matter arcana showed how much of the Lie that Runner still had to unveil. But what really caught Runner's attention was the mention to Prime. "Ah, the Prime arcana is something that I think will be advantageous for me, could we discuss that at sometime? Once we are finished here of course."

Sorry for the second post but I forgot to reply to this bit and I was editing the post but missed my window. Hope that's okay.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

So Runner was another Warlock. That was...interesting. Not really in itself, but mostly because, no matter that they shared the same path, his deference suddenly took on a sinister, insidious echo. Avis couldn't help eyeing the man for several long moments before she turned her attention back to Fisher and Wayland.

"Well, I think we have all that we need then. We'll want to work collaboratively, to blend our Truths together, to add mystery to our ritual. Because that's one of the key parts of a ritual trial, isn't it? Mystery. Some might think a sphinx, or the river of fire, or the talking statue is just fluff and fancy, but that's only when you look at it through a shallow lens. The point of those things isn't to indulge in fancy, it's to force the participant to stretch their mind and make them work to find the meaning that the Trial is designed to grant them.

"So, maybe we should start like this. Are there any symbols, any icons, or stuff like that that adds mystery that you think would be important to use? We'll have a maze, or a labyrinth. Now we just need to fill it,"
    Avis explained, a swirl of ideas beginning to sprout within her head.

So, there was a concern raised about metagaming if we discuss the trials here. I sent a PM about that, but haven't heard a response. So, shall we continue here with spoilers, or shall we discuss via PMs our ideas?
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread