Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(MY) Kick-off meeting ?

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Miach

PRE

Once the two other mystagogues had seated, Miach resumed in earnest his talk, and didn't beat around the bush.

"Flidais, have you had your talk with Emrys about the notes yet ?" No please. It was a question, but the answer was expected. It had to be "yes".

Looks like hard ass Miach is out to play. I wonder if something has him stressed out?

"Nope! But I have got the meeting scheduled we will be talking any day now. Actually is the Mysterium willing to offer anything to Emrys for the notes?"

[mta]ooc: Thread is currently under way due to continuity it may or may not have happened by the time this finishes
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

T
    Trismegistus

Faust sat quietly as he listened to the exchange. He hadn't been in town long enough to know precisely what was going on, but tried to pay attention to discover all he could.

Miach

PRE

The Curator didn't answer at once, but instead heaved a sigh once slowly. "Let us know what comes from it. And as you know, Knowledge has a Price. If it turns out that the notes indeed hold worthwhile knoweldge, we'll find things to repay Councilor Emrys with. I suspect he may wish to benefit from our Library on the Lex Magica, for instance.

Which brings me to my second point."
    he paused for a short while, waiting for them to be all on the same page.

"The current state of the Mysterium is as you can see around. " there were a couple of shelves with neatly ordered books, but much more that were empty or in obvious disarray. All in all, it looked like a place that had been great, and still had lot of potential, but that was unkempt.

"It is not enough. This city is in turmoil because the Orders don't play their intended parts. No more for the Mysterium.

We will become the pillar of stability we are meant to be. We will demonstrate that we are the sound keepers of lore we are meant to be. And for that we need to work."
    there was a slight stress on the 'we' that meant a lot.

"We need to gather more knowledge, and also to protect more what we have. You may not have seen it, but our current protections are weak. Too weak for us to safely hoard and protect the Lore this City holds as it deserves." Again, he let that sink. Actually, keeping anything Abyss-related here as it was... it saddened Miach to admit it was not a sane proposal.

"I expect to hear proposals from you on how you will contribute to improving our standing from this current situations. Believe me, I will keep on working for the Mysterium's beliefs, and thus this Consilium's good. And so will you, of course ?" though again, it was less a question than a statement.

5. Likes Cerberus, West liked this post

Miach

PRE

It seemed noone had anything to say after the Curator's piece. Or perhaps they were getting aware of the situation, and wondering how to deal with it. He could have lightened the mood, but didn't see fit to do it. "You have three monthes, until our next meeting, to think about it. By then, I hope to see the first fruits of our labor."

And then onto the next piece on the agenda. "Also, and while I understand that Cabal are of paramount importance, I expect you to let us know about what you will experience in Sacramento. Knowledge kept to oneself is knowledge easily lost. It doesn't have to be detailed. It merely has to let us coordinate efficiently if needed for the Mysterium's good."

Again, the Curator paused, wondering why Tyria hadn't chosen to act as such. Perhaps it was foolish. Or counterproducive. Or perhaps he was imagining things... Again, Time - real time - would tell.

T
    Trismegistus

Faust had gone into deep thought at Miach's analysis of the situation, coming up with possible methods to try and simulating the spiritual repercussions of them in his head. When the Curator gave a period of time for them to work with the demonologist snapped his attention back to the meeting. "Here are some initial thoughts," He finally spoke, "They are not fully formed, some may not be worthwhile, but I can refine them into something useful, if not already implemented, within 3 months. Firstly I will begin my work as a Savant immediately, learning what lore we have now and adding to it with my own study. Secondly between protection and acquisition we have a lot of ground to cover and not many people to do it. If Flidais and I work together we could start gaining allies from across the Gauntlet for both tasks. If we manage a larger population of entities we can cover more ground more quickly. Thirdly the last time I met with you in the museum, Curator, I inquired about mortal work here. This may be advantageous as it would keep me close to help in the Athenaeum in way of protection for the time that we all otherwise have more earthly matters to attend to. This would be helped by my study of Space which gives me the capability of erecting Wards." There was an authority in Faust's voice, not in a way that challenged Miach, but as the confidence of someone who was used to taking initiative within the context of the Order.

Here he turned to Flidais and asked, "How is your knowledge of the Shadow? You are Thyrsus, if I'm not mistaken? Would you be able to help me in organizing such an attempt?"

Miach

PRE

"I still have some things, some research of mine that is sitting back in Texas, I can have that transferred here on the new year." Flidais thought about about the issue of security and what has to be done there. "I could possibly train up an attack dog, we can train them to attack anyone on sight that isn't one of us or accompanying one of us. I'm not quite there yet but soon I could also ensorcell them to be faster and hardier. Although there might be an issue if there is nowhere for it to go outside occasionally.

Flidais considers Faust's plan, it was certainly more magely then hers was.
    "Funny you should mention that... Flidais awkwardly scratched the back of her head. "I am a shaman, although that is far from my forte... I do vaguely recall some techniques for setting up a guardian however I don't have sufficient skill to keep it fed from my hallow, my studies in prime and spirit are far off.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Miach

PRE

While Flidais was already growing into an experienced mystagogue thanks to Sacramento's magely life, it came as little surprise to Miach that Faust be the one to offer a plan first. Thus, the Curator addressed him first.

"Our Athenaeum as it stands is yours to work with, just please keep me in the loop. I hadn't expected Spirit allies, but so long as it does us good..." While Menwel had always dutifully paid her respects to the Spirits, it had always sounded hollow to the Enchanter, and he hadn't wanted to be dishonest. Perhaps it would come to him later in his life, as she had hoped...

"As for getting you a job here, it is being processed. I expect to have good news shortly." he said, glad of the leverage he had been able to exercise to help the mystagogue, and the Order. Though honestly, he was just following in Tyria's footsteps.

Flidais's idea of guard dogs hardly seemed practical to the Curator, when considering what they would be protecting, and from whom, but he didn't want to deter the Thyrsus from helping, and offered her a friendly smile indeed. "I'm sure we could work out something to have them go out occasionnaly. On the other hand, as a Life Mage, I need not tell you how easily they could be turned against us..." Admittedly, their enemies's capabilities were unknown, and they were perhaps not so good at Life, but still... "But it could still be a step forward from our current situation, as would any guardian spirit." he admitted. All goodwills would be needed, after all.

Interestingly, neither had commented on his idea that they share some actual Cabal intel between Mysterium members. Perhaps it was one of the perks of being Curator...

"Last, we need not only improve our current situation, but also let the other members of the Consilium know about it. Please do not be afraid to spread the word about our Library, or our Order. If we can get more people to come to us, some good will come of it." the tall Curator said confidently.

T
    Trismegistus

Faust shook his head, "Keeping a spirit fed shouldn't be too much of a problem. If we find one that resonates with the Athenaeum just being here should be enough to keep it sustained, not to mention that it would further be able to feed off of our actions here. If need be I can also summon weaker spirits to feed it," he paused to consider this idea for a moment, eyes staring off into space, "That might not be a bad idea anyway, as it will allow us to develop it's nature in a favorable way." His attention snapped back to Miach, an idea striking him, "I can't say that I've thought it fully through, but if Flidais can provide guard dogs and if we feed a dog spirit spirits related to protection, maybe the spirits of safes, locks, and vaults, we should end up with an entity that would sustain itself and feed off of the presence of the dogs, and very likely make them more resistant to being turned against us, even by magic. Another good option might include spirits of knowledge."

The demonologist considered Miach's last point, "Between the two of us I think we can easily advance the perception of our Order within the Steel Phoenix, Flidais I presume you can do the same for Temoins Du Sud? That leaves our biggest obstacle being advancing our image within the Veiled Threats. From my initial meetings with a number of their members I'd say our best bet is to push our respective Cabals to action and success with our knowledge and resources. They seem to respect action, so we need to show them rather than tell them that working with the Mysterium provides results."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread