Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Wonders of the past,future promises

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Richelieu took some time to digest the information which was very specific.

"Thank you for the information, it will certainly prove useful to everyone involved. I guess, being a devil myself, that space and mind could prove very useful in there. The former to spy, provided we know where to look, and the latter to 'convince' people to give up the information we need. It might also be useful to recruit a human agent to check the university. This way we could get information without revealing ourselves."

He paused for a moment.

"Of course, my path is not the only one who can be useful, the others have skills to bring as well. An oracle could provide good information if we ask the right questions ...."

Miach

PRE

The fact that Richelieu took some time to think about what Miach had told him, instead of reacting instantly, was interesting in itself. "I am sure indeed there is plenty you can bring to bear." he acknowledged encouragingly.

"I have that part covered, but two set of eyes could be more useful than one, of course." he informed the Warlock, wondering whether he already had someone in mind, or not.

"You may not know, but I follow the Path of Thistle. And we have started working as you suggest, of course. It is harder than some think, I believe." he said, though, a subtle hint that perhaps it had not been as successful as could be hoped.

"Fateful Watch is currently formed by me, Pelican, who is a subtle Moros, and Striker, our Sentinel and Shaman Councilor. So as you can see, a Warlock could bring much." if he were interested. But Miach didn't ask, and merely sipped some more of his very sweet cappuccino, letting Richelieu choose for himself what he wanted to do for the Consilium.

This was going in a very interesting direction. Again, he took a bit of time before answering.

" I would very much like to meet this pelican and striker and discuss further possibilities of an alliance, if not full membership in your circle. Speaking of your attempts to work as an oracle on the matter, may I ask what are the current hurdles to the attempts and what can be done to help the process?"

If he was going to work with them he need to know more about what they were currently doing.

"Also, can you particular talents help in locating a suitable sleeper for recruitment in an attempt to learn more about the intended targets at the university?`A follower of the christian faith would be useful. I was a man of the cloth before and keep some little contact in that department as well as knowledge on how to motivate believers ..."

Miach

PRE

Richelieu could obviously bring to them in areas they were lacking, and Miach was sure the others would see eye to eye with him. "I think it would be good to have you meet them, indeed." he replied first with a pleased look.

"As for what's the main hurdle ? It's pretty simple, really, and I'm sure you'll get that well. Sympathy..." did he need to explain what was required to overcome that hurdle ? probably not.

The latest offer from the Warlock came as a bit of a surprise. "I... don't know. I guess they could. Perhaps." he had never tried anything like that, and while he could bend Fate significantly, he still faced many harships for some things. Would it be one of them ?

"A man of the cloth ?" was all he asked, nocking an eyebrow in a silent offer to expand. He wouldn't have been the first one, but still, each and any one of them puzzled Miach. Wasn't Life enough ?

"Yes, I was a preacher before awakening to the truth of the universe. Still, that left me with an understanding of the need to believe in something greater than yourself. In addition to that, I have a degree in behavioral science which could prove useful in securing a sleeper agent."

While talking, he observed the exhibit of the museum, such wonders displayed for anyone to see.

"Why don't you tell me a bit more about the other members of the cabal? It might inform us how I could fit it in your group."

If he was to join them, Richelieu wanted to know more about his potential cabal mates ...

Miach

PRE

The Mastigos proved once again interesting. Unusual resume, and practical mindedness. A combination with great potential. "We could work on that, then. Though be warned that free will is something to be valued and preserved." It was a given, but still better said early.

"As for the others... it's probably for the best if you meet them unbiased by what I might tell you. They are my Cabalmate, after all, and I can hardly be expected to be fair when talking about them, can I ?" and the Enchanter shrugged. He could tell a couple of facts, at least.

"Striker is an Aussie Arrow. He's been here for over a year now, and even though he had a rough start, he still managed to regain his footing, and earn the position of Sentinel. As for Pelican, he's been here for around the same length of time. He has no title and belong to no Order, but he's been diligently and discreetly doing Moros work..."

"I see, perhaps I'll have the chance to meet them in person in the future, fate willing."

He paused again for a brief moment, seemingly analyzing all the information Miach gave him.

"It seems we are slowly reaching an agreement. If that is the case, what would be the next step?"

Miach

PRE

"Obviously, meeting together. I think it can be arranged shortly." Miach answered positively. "I'll let you know quickly when it will be held. Meanwhile, you're free to come here as often as you'd like, of course."

"But I realize you haven't told me yet why you came to the River City..." there were as many reasons as mages, and all revealed something.

Good to wrap soon, or you want to broach something else ?

"I was trained in San Jose, which was home to a very small awakened community. My master there, Ignatius, believes in hands on experience and thought I would learn much more by being part of a larger consilium. I hesitated between San Francisco and Sacramento. You know which city won my vote."

He also heard his old master telling him that Cisco might have been a bad choice, as far as getting trusted was concerned, but he wasn't sure why.

"Though to be honest, I didn't know much about the city before coming here, just some cryptic comment from my mentor that there would be a place for me there. And so I came ..."

I am okay at wrapping up the scene here, unless Miach wants to tell more to Richelieu before the next meeting takes place

Miach

PRE

"And you will learn much here, I'm sure of that." Miach said confidently. Sacramento was a city where you grew, or that you left.

After more harmless chitchat and all around well-wishes around more caffeine, the Awakened pleasantly parted ways, until next time.

End Scene. Thanks. I will try and have the next one shortly, as the "Training Session" is finishing as well.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread