1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Kept Promises

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

Katrin Byeli sits in the elegant little parlor at the back of her antique store, listening to Miles Davis records on what appears to be a vintage gramaphone. She silently gestures for any members of her court who might walk in to join her. She has an almost wistful look upon her face that makes her seem even more beautiful than usual.
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar walks into the store, carrying an old and torn up messenger bag over his shoulder. He slithers his way through to the back of the store, following the sounds of the music. Upon seeing his Queen he stops on his tracks and waits until she gestures for him to come forward. The Darkling walks closer and stands close to her but remains quiet, not wishing to interrupt the smooth sounds of Miles' trumpet.

Lilian follows right after Degnar. The uneasy feeling never left her and so the calm mood that reigned in the shop unnerved her rather than having the desired effect.
    Standing before Katrin she bowed lightly. "My queen, I believe we found the trinket you were looking for" she wispered.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

Katrin gestures for them both to be seated as she turns the volume down.

"Ah, very good. I am glad to see that my trust was not misplaced. You brought it with you, yes?"
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar proceeds to take the snow globe out of his bag, being as careful as possible with the delicate trinket. The Darkling presents it to his Queen before taking the seat offered to him.

"Thank you Queen Byeli, for trusting us with this endeavor," he says respectfully to the beautiful Fairest.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

PRE

The snow globe acquires a genuine sheen of frost upon its rounded surface as it rests in the Winter Queen's palm. Katrin gazes into its clouded depths with a slight smile of satisfaction before purposefully placing it on the small table between her and her courtiers.

"большое спасибо. I am most thankful that my newest Archers have accomplished their first task so easily."

The Onyx Queen raises one perfect eyebrow just enough to add slight emphasis to her meaning as she regards each of the darklings in turn.

"That is, if you are willing to accept, of course. Will you embark upon the Lonely March as my Archers?"

большое спасибо

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar bows his head respectfully at Katrin's offer. "My Queen, it would be an honor to serve the Silent Arrow in such a role," says the Darkling in his usual monotone voice. "I will gladly accept this task an serve as one of your Archers."

There's a moment of silence before the Tunnelgrub speaks up again. "Queen Byeli, there is one more thing," he says with the slightest sign of hesitation in his voice. "We encountered some Hedge beast guarding the place. It asked that I remind you about the promise you made to your former colleague..."

Lilian was just about to speak when Degnar did so. Politely she waited for him to finish before she accepted. "My Queen, I too would be honored to be of your service as an Archer of the lonely March."

When Degnar continued Lilian frowned. She had wondered all the way back what the rat had meant and whatever it was, she sincerely hoped it wouldn't upset her Queen all too much now.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

PRE

The Sorrowful Queen looks genuinely pleased for a moment as her newest Archers accept their new roles in her Court. However, her expression hardens once more into a frozen mask of beauty as Degnar mentions what the hedge beast had said. Katrin responds without missing a beat.

"You may inform Mr. Norvegicus that I am neither so old nor so feeble-minded that I forget my obligations. You may also remind him that it would be best for him to remember his function and to leave me to mine, yes? Now, is there anything else, мои дети?"

You may roll Wits+Empathy-2, if you like.

мои дети

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

The Darkling nods politely. If the Winter Queen is hiding something, Degnar is completely oblivious about it. He is just pleased with having accomplished what she had asked of him.

no clue
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-06 09:05:22 Degnar rolls 1 to Wits + Empathy (-1 untrained) -2 (Rigid Mask) (10 Again, Chance) 2 failure

"I will make sure to inform Mr. Norvegicus as such the next time I see him," he says in response, even though he has no plans of going back to pass the message along...unless he is asked to do so by Katrin. He shakes his head and says, "I do not wish to take any more of your time Queen Byeli. However, if there's anything else that I may assist you with, I'd be glad to hear what that may be."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread