Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1507) Sanctuary - From On High

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce turns with some surprise to Pelican who addresses him in a name he aught not to know.

"Pelican. Please address me as Truce, or if at all possible, Councilor. This is a formal gathering after all," he says, somewhat hastily in his softened voice. There's no harshness in his words, but he tries to command some sense of authority nonetheless.

He adds, with a kinder tone. "And I suppose I aught to refer to you as Provost since Mace seems to have departed the city. You're up for the job, aren't you?"

Arthur's arrival at his side causes the Moros to turn before receiving an answer from his Pathmate.

"Ah, hello, Arthur. I hope your evening is going well. I'm looking forward to all of us meeting later. Is there anything I should know that couldn't be said over the phone?"

E
    Ermac

Dressing more casually, the Theurge approached the gathering with his courier bag. In it contained his laptop and a printed copy of Miach's testimony. He intended to have it ready in case the subject arose. One specific section was separated out of respect for privacy - the Miach had requested the information of his abduction not be shared.

Ermac strode into the Bismark, surveying those present, he took notice of Striker. A pang of regret for abandoning him so quickly pressed upon him. I shouldn't have offered to do something I couldn't follow through on.

Cautiously, the Obrimos waited for a lull in conversation before seeking someone out.

1 success Supernal Vision, 2 successes Unseen Shield
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-07 09:52:15 Ermac rolls 7 to Unseen Shield [Gno + Forces] (10 Again) 10, 4, 2, 6, 9, 7, 3, 2 2 successes
    2015-07-07 09:51:53 Ermac rolls 5 to Supernal Vision [Gno + Prime] (10 Again) 8, 6, 7, 4, 6 1 success

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Looks like, uh, you have a fan."

Eyes pointed at Crowley, then slid back over... then bounced off an invisible wall framing the Acanthus a good foot to either side.

"Like, I don't think I've ever seen Crowley, you know, smile."
    A manic rictus appeared for a moment. See? Smile. The smile slipped into a more natural one. You go, girl. Do your friendly thing. See? This cabal isn't full of bad people. There's Faye and...

"Productive?"

Hands worked, fingers rippling, before surrendering and fishing out a deck of cards. Chop, chop, fold.

"I dunno. Is this a thing? I kinda like, uh, just showed up because the whole Councilor thing. Is something happening?"

Because folders.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes Cayce liked this post

Emrys

PRE

The Enchanter didn't flinch under the gaze of his superior. He did however fall silent for a moment as contemplated his response.

"I think Emeritas is flawed because it only says to respect people once they've earned it and only in their area of expertise. I know I'm guilty of breaking this one myself, but that doesn't absolve other guilty parties from it's violation." He took a nervous breathe and folded his arms. "Tyria thought she earned the respect of the Concilium, something I thought as well by the way people talked about her when I arrived in town, but she also thought she was disrespected when Star and Avis did their thing in her Museum."

"There's a side conversation there waiting to happen, about how the charter states that meeting grounds are supposed to be provided by cabals but are actually supplied by Orders and thus limiting some of the rights and protections that could be afforded but that's something to talk about later."

Emrys simply shrugged the tangent away, content to leave it if Aquinas was inclined to bite. "Anyway, the elephant in the room was Tyria and how she cornered Star to try and force a favor from him for his misbehavior. That was out of line, a breach of the Precept of Law were it still around to cover extortion, but it's not so at worst it was another breach of Emeritas."

"Since you've already arrived with your cabalmate I doubt Tyria will be coming, but I think it's a major oversight on the Council's behalf to let extortion go unpunished which brings me to my point. Hubris in it's current wording doesn't ban mundane crimes like extortion and nonmagical assault with it's current wording, it's just 'you know what's wrong so don't so it'. That's dumb, and I think the ambiguity of Nous's wording has left too much open for people. The Enchanters were promised by Nous last November that reasonable sleeper laws and the value of life would be represented under Hubris, and there is no mention of it. I think that's a mistake that needs to be corrected, and I'm willing to correct it."

And with that final thought he fell to silence. There was that voice in the back of his head, reminding him of the hubris of debating Diamond law with the Silver Ladder Heirarch and expecting to come out on top, but he always ignored that voice anyway.

M
    Matrixchild

Upon leaving Zilker's company he looked around to make sure everything was going smoothly. He noticed Emrys still talking to the Heirarch but was unsure of what the conversation was about. As he looked around he noticed that Ermac appeared to be off on his own so he approached the Obrimos since they hadn't spoken much.

"Ermac," he said with a head nod. "How's it going."

E
    Ermac

Ermac replies here

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Star and Faye continue here

C
    Casitive

Aquinas merely nods at Emrys as he goes on about his opinion.

Favors are the currency of our Kind,” the Hierarch replies, “The Rite of Requite exists for a reason. Denying that, is denying a piece of who we are. Calling it 'extortion,' Emrys, is laughable.” Reaching beneath his chair, Aquinas plucks up a bottle of water. “He wasn't cornered from my vantage, since I watched what happened and have spoken to Tyria since. They attempted to have a private conversation and Tyria Primoria wanted a favor sanctified by the Rite. Apparently,” the Warlock levels his attention at Emrys, “Star did not want to resolve it privately, or through the Rite of Requite, and stood up yelling. Perhaps he was dodging the favor. Perhaps not. She didn't violate the Precept of Law and saying she did is tantamount to baseless hysteria.

The words are stony.

The fact of the matter is this.” Aquinas leans forward, making sure that Emrys understands what he is about to say. “As soon as a Duel was declared and accepted, it became none of the Council's concern. If they resolve it between themselves in private before a duel happens. Then good. However, I'm not sure if Councilor Avis' written statements will help them resolve it before a duel happens.

Finished, Aquinas leans back again. He does not look like he will humor this topic any more.

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arthur, Pelican ( LoneRanger ) , Truce go here
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Emrys

()Question Spent
    PRE

"Okay." Emrys said nodding along with the Heirarch. Being called laughable and accused of baseless hysteria was about as reassuring as getting the stink eye, but he wasn't about to prove his detractors right. "I wasn't denying the favors or validity of the rite of requite, and I'll cede the point that the matter is closed, but I do believe that a trade implies both sides consent to an exchange."

"So hypothetical, because I want to be sure we're on the same page before I go up onto the dais as a Councilor. If someone comes before us claiming that Emeritas has been breached, but not called a duel, does the Council have a responsibility to mediate a fair trade or ascertain the validity of the claim? Or is the claim enough to demand a favor of the accuser's choosing? The reason I ask is because from my vantage point Tyria pulled Star from his conversation, and I don't think the disruption and Order banning stemmed from a fair trade. If Star had not consented to the duel, what would we be doing and facing today? Or does the Council have no responsibility in the matter at all?"

Page 4 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 32

You do not have permission to view the list of names.