51 - 60
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Finding their Place

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"It was, we haven't finished marking this particular area out, the interesting geometry means that this particular place has to be watched. Thank you, by the way, for your help with that." Her thanks sounds sincere, but she still finds something funny about that, based on the predatory smirk.
    "This area has been a bit of a project for one of my former packmembers. After she died, i've tried to keep an eye on the place. And if you'll recall, I said we were reclaiming our old land. I suspect you had not asked anyone the extent of our old territory. Information is power in this game, and you aren't playing with a full hand." She looks disappointed.
    "We have a full pack, there is some benefit to being the elders of a territory, those who want protection always seem to find us. And Tony continues to provide good teaching to those who ask."
    "Now, I have answered your questions, I assume that your lack of answering of mine means you don't have a good reason?" She shakes her head in disappointment.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

T

Thoughts whirred through Chuck's head. Possibilities, opportunities, goals, ideas and visions. Expectations from Aryana and Jacqueline and obligations he had, whether perceived or actual. A part of him wanted to challenge, to fight, to win. Though the adrenaline inside began to fire as he thought of chasing Julia out of the territory and making it his own, his reasoning and the seriousness he took the Oath suppressed his instincts. He had already been called an Oathbreaker by Tony which made his hackles rise just thinking about it. He didn't want another of the local forsaken thinking the same about him.

"Apologies Julia. Jacqueline and I have a keen interest in studying the Hisil and it's inhabitants. This area is obviously an interesting one and there is not much else to explore since the Anshega's brutal attacks. We have found other areas of the Hisil sterile and almost empty so you can understand why we might be drawn to such a fascinating place. I did have a talk with both Kevin and Rite-master Ward, however the topic of territories did not come up and I didn't think to ask. Perhaps you could 'deal me in' and tell me the extents of what you are claiming." he suggested hopefully. "Also we are looking for territory ourselves." he added, as if an afterthought.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"There is a distinct lack of groveling and begging for me threatening you. I am not used to people taking their lives so carelessly." She muses.
    "Well, if you are so interested in this place, how about we make a deal. So you know, we control from freeport west, stopped at the north by broadway and the south by fruitridge. We may be reducing the size now that Randall is no longer with us, but this area will still be quite important to us. Wanting to claim what could be called the heart of our territory is a bit much don't you think? But perhaps Tony will have a deal for you that satisfies both parties, including your Feudal obsessed totem."

"However, I cannot let you go yet." Her voice switches as she shifts into Dalu, and that perpetual scowl turns far more menacing. <<There has been a violation of the Justicars territory by the Aegis of the Gauntlet pack. No apology has been offered, nor has any recompense been gifted. I ask of you, is this a declaration to take this territory by force?>>
    roll

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-26 09:02:38 Julia rolls 6 to Harmony (10 Again) 10, 3, 7, 3, 10, 8, 4, 6 3 successes
    The wording is highly formalized, and you feel a weight of something pressing on you, the feeling of a ritual of some kind. Its not affecting you yet, but you notice it.

E
    Enoich

Jacqueline felt sort of strange not talking directly to Julia, as it was one of the greater weapons she possessed. Still, dealing with Uratha, those who expect a heirarchy of the pack, were not always easy to persuade and right now she could serve well by watching the signs and noting what's to come, more than anything. At first, Julia was seeming surprisingly generous, offering up a portion of the territory since they were lacking in recruits, but as she shifted to Dalu, things turned a much darker approach.

The words she uttered resonated with an energy, the ancient pact of Ritual that some wolves had a talent with learning. Jacqui aspired to be skillful at this task as well, but was only an apprentice in the manner. The oppressive weight of Rite bore her down and she racked her mind trying to think of what this could be. Was it an establishment of territory, or a defensive measure, or was she hardening the Gauntlet so they could not escape? Or was this an act of war... She didn't know any formal rituals for declaring war, but she racked her mind for everything she might have learned or practiced with that could have helped her in this situation. Looking to Chuck, Jacqui the Urshul whimpered, fearing that the Rite would take effect before she knew the specificities.

1 suxx to study the Rite
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-28 02:16:27 Jacqui rolls 7 to understand Julia's Ritual and possibly learn it! (Int+Occult) (10 Again) 5, 8, 7, 1, 3, 2, 4 1 success

To ST

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Jacqueline

6. Likes Teeramus, Kelreth liked this post
    T

"Huh." Chuck responds initially, appearing to ponder Julia's words briefly including the fact that she shifted her form.

"I assume if you wanted us dead we would be already, and I'm not taken by the idea of grovelling for your satisfaction." he said, his hand straying idly to his hip where his holster would usually rest.

Chuck frowned and his face became set more determined. "We never came here with the intent of taking the Justicars territory away from them and you said yourself that this area is unmarked. I will apologize for the intrusion now that it is known, but I wonder what recompense you seek from us for this perceived slight." he said, his stance shifting uneasily as he felt the weight come down on him.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"An apology has been offered. It is accepted." She says, and the magical pressure seems to fizzle out and die.

"I try not to kill other Uratha. But the low honor the high is something most consider important. As for recompense, I think that a deal can be made later. You'll have to talk to the Alpha to make that happen, i just facilitate. In the meantime, get out. We'll call you when we want you."
    Her body shimmers, and then is gone.

E
    Enoich

Jacqui had been spending too much time staring at the ritual in place to notice the conversation and as soon as Julia disappears, she shakes her head in disbelief, shifting to Hishu to better communicate without having to deal with the difficulty of translation, "Okay, I may just be slow here, but what the heck happened? There was this ritual that was closing down on us and it lifted from apology. I haven't seen this thing before in my life!"

Sprung tight from all the tension of the situation, her reactions seem slightly manic, as if pounds of adrenaline are pouring out, "I mean first she's here claiming dominance, but then she's agreeing to split some of the land and now she vanishes? What's next? Does this mean we have territory? Does this mean we're going to watch over this spot or do we have to seek out the Justicar Alpha or something? There are so many damn questions!!!!" Pausing to pant heavily, Jacqui realizes she has been ranting in the nude and appears slightly remiss about that, "But I guess our job is... done for now?"

T

Grovelling is no way of showing honor. Chuck would have said had Julia not disappeared.

"I take it the ritual was intended for if we did not show the honor due to the high." Chuck replied to Jacqueline. "She didn't agree to split the land. She said it was a possibility and we will need to talk to Tony to see what deal can be struck. We will not be watching over this area, as Julia said it is the heart of their territory and she quite clearly told us to leave." He took a look around and again out the door. Fascinating.

He took a few seconds to commit the conversations they'd had to memory then looked back to where they had come from. "Which we will be doing now." he said before moving back towards the point they had entered the Hisil.

Chuck uses Trained Memory.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

The pack make their way back out of the hisil, and exit the Justicar's territory.

End Scene

12. Likes Teeramus liked this post
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6