Ended
Watch

(1504) Katya and Chris

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    s
    sumthingpositiv

Prior to Julians' exit and Kenneths' entrance, Katya smiles at Chris and wants to add to his suggestion of merging the psychological and mythology. In her eyes, enduring pain and submission acted as behavioral techniques in letting one experience these unpleasant states and then gain from it a more calming/rational approach to them if they actually occur. Tie all of their myths together, a business person could draw on the experience of Inanna, facing humiliation and torment and then through Persephone, gain wisdom in that unpleasant state. When that persons' peers face the same unpleasant experience, they fall to their knees, distracted by their inability to cope whiel the one who has already suffered, rises to the top and leads them, much like Hel's.

Before she can say this, she sees another man step in and introduce himself. She gives him a polite bow and says "Good evening Mr. Gilroy, I am Katya Harding of the Gangrel Clan."

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

"Darling," Edwin replied once Katya had finished speaking, gently taking both her hands in his own if she would allow it, "if I was all up for commitment to anyone beyond myself and Hel, I'd ask you right here and now to marry me."

A grin and a wink, charismatically. Releasing her hands after a little squeeze, he nodded in agreement to Chris. "Damn straight."

Edwin offered a "See you around, buddy," to Julian as the Haunt left, taking his malice with him....only to be supplanted by another. This one was remarkably different. This menacing and more...eww.

"Evening to you to, Ken. Edwin Bridges; Skaald, Deputy, Tattooist." Despite smiling openly, the Lord didn't offer a hand. Despite being dead, he had an image of a very clammy hand.
    Scenes

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

'Of course, see you later Julian.' Chris says while raising his hand to make the shortest possible waving gesture. Then that same raised he could have been used to smack the vermin suddenly in front of him.

'Hello.' The Reeve says, unfamiliar with the feeling. Then he lowers his hand. It wouldn't be very polite. 'Good evening, Kenneth Gilroy. My name is Chris Wooding, Hierophant of the Circle of the Crone, Reeve of the Domain.'

He smiles amicably, 'How are we all? Well, we are just discussing the Domain's first Kindred wedding in... it must have been a while. Too bad Sinead is no longer here, an experienced bride.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth couldn’t remember the last time he had been called ‘Ken’. It couldn’t be sooner than his mortals day at least. He wasn’t sure whether to be insulted or happy that someone had taken such a familiar tone with him. Tabitha had always called him Gilroy. With Elija he was always Kenneth. Probably overthinking the situation.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you all; Ms Harding, Deputy Bridges, Hierophant Wooding.” Having given his bow he gave each a bobbing nod this time.

“Forgive me, I’m not familiar with the title of Skaald. Is that a Circle position?” Edwin had a husky sort of voice that Kenneth could easily imagine chanting to long dead gods. The reveal of the Circle leader and Kenneth’s prior knowledge that Julian had been looking into join the Crone made the assumption easy. He suspected even the pale skinned vampire was likely part of the covenant as well given her social group and tattoos. Gilroy in fact felt a sudden sinking feeling in his stomach that had only partially to do with facing as many powerful Beasts as he was. He had the feeling he had just walked in on an impromptu Circle meeting. Rather than flee (as was his instinct) he decided to charge head on with barely a pause. Like a cockroach running toward the person that had just turned on the light.

“I’m a member of the Lancea Sanctum myself. I was just talking with Priscus Josephine about an up-coming Black Mass on the 24th.” Subtle Kenneth chided Gilroy but there was no going back now. The Whip had been welcoming after all, Kenneth might as well return the favor to Durand’s potential covenant members. “You’re all welcome to attend of course, if you are interested.” He almost said ‘the Lancea welcomes all’ but he didn’t want the invitation to be construed as an attempt to convert or poach any Circle members.

In effort to correct the ungainliness of his actions he turned to the topic Chris had brought up. “A Kindred marriage? I’ve never heard of such a thing. Is it a formalized vinculum?” he asked; his ignorance causing a certain amount of revulsion even if his curiosity was genuine.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

5. Likes Forn Clakes, Dark Passenger liked this post

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Are they shy now? A Sanctified Haunt is nothing they haven't handled before in this Domain. Or anywhere around the world.

'Indeed it is, traditionally, the Skaald is a storyteller, a gatherer of important myths. And in creative ways, he can pass them on onto next generations, so to speak.' Chris is sure Edwin has more to say on the matter.

The man's next message is... interesting. 'Black Mass? It must have been a while since that was last held at Sacramento. Thank you for the invitation.'

That is all the Hierophant will say on the matter. He could go as a sign of goodwill, but Josephine has done nothing to deserve such a symbolic act.

'Not? I would expect there must be some traditional Sanctified who have a wish to marry? After all, it is one of the greater sacraments in life. And not all members of the Lancea et Sanctum are clergy, per se, or are they?' A simple housewife turned vampire might have a wish to go to Church, without becoming an unholy servant of the Lord. Anyways. 'Vinculum is part of the whole ritual. It is a set of sacred vows made before the Circle and the Crone. I would not say 'formalized Vinculum', rather spiritualized Vinculum maybe. But it's marriage, not a feeding party.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

"Obviously, it would be good form if the bride said 'I Do', but I understand hard to get," Edwin chuckled. "I suppose I'll just have to woo Ms Harding a little more."

"Black Mass? Gotta say, I've never been," the Skaald admitted without offence. "Although, that's most probably because I ain't ever been invited. A Skaald went church...Sounds like the start of a joke," the Lord grinned, throwing a wink Kenneth's way.

Just a joke. It no doubt involved a nun somewhere.
    Scenes

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya's eyes widen and a look of horror comes across her face at the word "marriage", so much so she doesn't respond in time before Kenneth asks his question. She let's the others speak in regard to Kenneth's invitation and hopes the marriage issue is dropped. Her hopes are dashed when Edwin persists. she composes herself a bit more by offering a polite smile and says

"I am flattered at your offer Skaald Bridges." she says, using his title since an outsider is with them "unfortunately marriage, and monogamy in general are something that hasn't suited me in a very long time. Even if that wasn't the case, most likely it would be a woman's hand that I would ask for." Better to be honest now rather than have the ambiguity bite her in the ass later.

She turns to Kenneth and says "I have not attended a Black Mass either Mr. Gilroy, thank you for your invitation." she hadn't really taken the time to learn about the Sanctified in this city. All she recalls is Priscus Roth telling her about Priscus Sterling being a bit...invasive towards newcomers. Just how much confession is expected at this even I wonder. I wonder if the Hierophant might have a better idea of the wisdom in going she thinks. Realizing that as a newcomer, the Reeve may have more questions he'll want to ask so Katya turns to them with a bow and says, "Well gentleman. It's been lovely chatting with you all. But I should probably get going and at least pay my respects to my Priscus while he's still here. Have a pleasant evening."

Unless stopped, Katya will exit the scene

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad fills the space that Katya once was, sparing a backward glance at the departing Savage. "Huh, turned you down?" he remarks with a innocent smirk to Edwin. "Maybe she's the type that makes you work for it." Who doesn't like the challenge of conquest, especially among such monstrous company.

"Reeve, Deputy," says Konrad, giving a nod to each in turn in a brief greeting.

His eyes slide over to the revolting Gilroy and he suppresses yet another shiver of discomfort upon being so close to the Nosferatu. "Yo," he says simply. "Konrad Roth, Clan Gangrel."

"Looks like things are winding down. Hope you don't mind if I hang out with you guys for a bit?"

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

“You’re right. Not all of us are Priests. I’m only a lay member myself, so my knowledge might be a little limited. Of the official Apostolica rites, I know marriage is not among them. There may be Ecclesia with the same approximate function but I haven’t heard of one.” He would be not be surprised either way actually. While the Lancea taught they were fundamentally different from Kine, some human habits were hard to shake.

Kenneth actually managed a smile at Edwin’s comment. He had to admit it did sound odd. Though the joke truly probably started ‘a Sanctified Haunt invited three Circle members to Mass.’

“A pleasant evening to you as well,” he said, bidding Katya goodbye.

“Kenneth Gilroy,” he introduced himself Konrad “Clan Nosferatu.” As if it needed to be explained.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread