Ended
Watch

There's something about Striker...

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I don't really see the need to use titles. I think if you respect the person, you'll call them by their name. No need to remind everyone who they are every time you throw words at them. Still, some people like it. How they validate themselves, maybe," Avis returned with a slight smirk.

"What do you think, Asp? You a fan of titles over names? I mean, most martial artists have a thing about that."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

A
    Asp

Asp shook her head. "Nah, not really. I mean, in the dojo people call me sensei because in that setting it's a known term of respect for a teacher, right? So there's context for it. I wear them in formal settings or formal proceedings because they have gravity and mean something in those specific contexts. With Awakened on the day to day? Nah, I don't really care about it. I figure if we need a word before our name to mark our standing 24/7..." She let it trail off, as the thought sort of spoke for itself. Having a title didn't mean one had respect. Titles afforded good opportunities to gain respect.

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

"I think we get enough self-validation when we pick our Shadow Names." Shadow Names weren't necessarily a barometer for a personality, but what you choose to call yourself said something about you, even if you pick a name so it doesn't say anything about you. "Identity is weird, it's always in flux. What people call you becomes part of who you are-" Gyges' phone chirps, interrupting him.

He doesn't check it, but he shakes his head. "Avis, Asp, I'm sorry. I'd love to speak with you both again in the future about your philosophies, but I didn't put aside a lot of time for this meeting and that time is running out. If you'll excuse me, I'll head out."

C
    Cross

I'm good to wrap here...

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Take care, Gyges," Avis told the man, nodding to him before he turned to go. His footsteps echoed up off the stone floor as he paced toward the exit, and the Councilor of Warlocks watched his retreating back until it disappeared behind the heavy door of the Circle, the portal shutting with a clang on the night and all that lay within it.

End Scene.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread