Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1501) Vivian & Edwin

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 14, 2015 : 1501 Monomacy Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Yeah, bad omen," agrees Konrad with Edwin, stretching out his arms idly as the conversation starts to get stale and depressing. "Well don't let it get you down, bud. Maybe this'll serve as a good reminder for us Kindred to be more cautious in our dealings with each other. At least then it'd serve some greater purpose than base entertainment."

Turning to Galloway, Konrad strikes up a dialogue with the man. "So Mister Galloway, is it? What sort of business proposition are you looking to acquire? Maybe I can help?" Always the businessman, Konrad seizes the opportunity to inquire about the matter Edwin turned down. Seems a shame to let all that money go to waste.

Katsuro Tomori

August ignores the Woo. Bad Omens. Signs from God. Most of the time it was just people processing that which makes them uncomfortable. Making it not apart of them, but a sign from outside...He was just about to leave when Mr. Kondad surprised him, and most pleasantly.

"I was recently made aware of the level of focus in security that my life had. One readjusts their priorities when faced with adversity." He began simply enough.

"I was hoping to hire Mr. Bridges, as he is a man of worth and action, as security. Fifteen-hundred up front, five-hundred dollars a month to patrol my area of town 4 times a week, with negotiable expansion in profits and scope of operations as time progressed. A simple matter, maybe what...six hours a week for relatively easy money?"

"I'm also collecting firearms..." he added as a slight afterthought.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva slowly nodded to Edwin’s comment. “That it is. That it certainly is.” The whole Court scene was leaving a bad taste in her mouth.

“A cautionary tale Konrad, you are correct.” Verbally confirming her words with a small mmhmm. “Personally, when it comes to our kind, ‘tis not always apt to be strictly business.” Vivian’s great hint that she’d rather get to know them before striking any sort of deal.

Speaking of deals…

Does this guy even listen?
    Considering the inked Lord just turned down the other fistful of cash, she was amused he’d try a second time.

Since she was still standing next to Edwin, she took a finger and slowly traced it on one of his artful ink designs on his shoulder. “I’ll let you tattoo whatever you’d like on my derriere for fun if you’d be my personal body guard, Edwin.” A definite hint in her voice that she was mostly kidding; about the body guard thing anyway.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Stifling a laugh, Konrad tries to maintain respectful professionalism despite Vivian's comment about her derriere. Daeva. Hopefully the attention would cheer up, or at least distract the Lord from his mood. Konrad knew that the man often had a few rough patches to get through in his Requiem, having met him initially sulking at the Reverence.

"Is that all? Well you could probably get a decent Kine security service for that much I would think. But maybe you have something particular in mind, a particular kind of trouble? I won't lie to you, I'm not really as spectacular a specimen as Edwin here, but if you just need a watchful eye I might be able to take care of that. And if you need firearms but don't have the means to get any I could take care of that too, for a different kind of fee," says the careful business man to Galloway. Negotiations were in process.

5. Likes Jaqen liked this post

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

"Mr. Galloway," the tattooed Lord said, as he went over the offer with Konrad. "The reason I don't want your cash is because it's just that; cash. That don't get my juices flowing, bro. When you made that offer to me, it was coming from a man with power, at least from a certain perspective. You lost that the moment you flitted away to Hel knows where. Now, you come back and offer me an envelope of money like I'm some thug you can just hire? Sorry, bro, don't work like that. You wanna pay me fifteen hundred? Have a tattoo that covers your entire body and I'll reconsider. Until that time, your business means about as much to me as the man who has just met his Final Death. Hel, at least he still had some dignity."

"My dear, I'd do that for free," Edwin winked towards Vivian, any anger towards his former-Priscus evaporating. He didn't hold grudges. At least not unless someone made him think about them. "If you both don't mind," he said towards Vivian and Konad, "I'm gonna shoot. The appeal of Asylum is starting to wane."
    Scenes

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad doesn't think of himself as a thug either, but he doesn't mind Edwin's criticisms of the offered deal. It doesn't conflict with Konrad's pride that he can't lower himself to a menial task. He shoots Edwin a sympathetic smile. "No worries, man. I'll see you later," he says, hoping that ends up the case.

Considering Galloway once more, Konrad has a hard time imagining the gentleman to be willing to tattoo his whole body, but then looks could be deceiving. "Well, Edwin's right. Looks like now that the show is over things are breaking up in Court. We can always talk business later, Mr. Galloway. I'll give you my digits if you're interested."

He offers those to August and then turns to Vivian. "I hope you'll be showing off any tattoo Edwin gives you," he says with a more playful smile.

He rubs his hands together, "Well, I prolly aught to head out as well. Take care you two."

Katsuro Tomori

"Oh, Mr. Bridges...did you think I was making a second offer to you?" The Icarian looked somewhat contemptuously at the Crone as his business was interrupted, was there a slight edge to his voice?

"Now, I am sorry that my abduction and subsequent extended stay in a Lancea torture chamber got in the way of my power and your respect for me, as well as your ability to gain Tenancy. I am also sorry that my attempt at establishing safety in my area isn't enough to get your juices flowing. I had expected more from family. I am deeply apologetic for all of that. However, I never called you a thug, and I most certainly never would. If you wish to put words in my mouth and tell others what I think of you, I would hope you would represent what a member of the First Estate would say. " The old Fire in the Belly August was known for may have peaked slightly but his voice was calm, as was his expression. While he knew the Pagan didn't care about covenant politics, the point was clear. Gus still had connections, and was trying very hard to be polite about not using them, it's more than most torture victims might give someone who just verbally spit in the wound.

He pulled out a card, clearly handwritten by someone with extensive calligraphy skills as his attention turned back to Konrad. "Absolutely Mr. Konrad. Do stay in touch."

Gus didn't comment on Vivians choice of area for tattoo. What's the phrase kine use these days? Tramp stamp...maybe not as much to offer with that one as I thought.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread