Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

The freshly appointed Reeve crosses his arms, looking at the Carthian Lord with a serious expression.

'Now, Miss Cohen, what did you wish to discuss?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley offered a sincere smile. "Congratulations."

"It was suggested that I speak to you about becoming a deputy." The Lord's hand drifted to her chin, wondering how deep the Shadow could read into the words. Ashley knew she didn't have to be blatant with the who, she wasn't talking to a Savage. She figured Chris could put two and two together.

"You offer my talents."
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

There was a cocky grin as Edwin joined the pair, a mischievous look in his eye, something that Chris might recognize in his Skald. It was part and parcel of his role, after all.

"Sorry for interrupting," Edwin began, offering his Hierophant a repsectful nod whilst ignoring Ashley, "I couldn't help but come over and offer my congratulations, Reeve Wooding. I promise not to offer a fistbump tonight," he added with a chuckle.

Finally, the Lord double-took his cousin.

"Miss Cohen! What a pleasant surprise!"
    Scenes

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Ups player account

Within seconds, a man's world can change drastically. Had he been in the shadows before, those times are over for Chris. Daniella Sage is smiling widely, Vivian is making a bow to show her... respect, and Ashley is offering her "talents".

Is this what Asa feels like all day? For about four seconds the Reeve allows himself to revel in his new fame, nodding to everyone, adding a wink here and there. But then it's time for business.

Ashley Cohen wants to be Deputy? What a crazy idea.

'Thank you.' It was not lost on him that she hadn't used his name or his title in any way. Does she expect to become Deputy? Because apparently she talked with someone about it. He smiles politely to the Carthian, 'It seems you've been correctly informed.' Maybe the Movement had other ideas, but taking care of the deputies is one of the main roles for every Reeve.

Fortunately, his Acolyte friend then appears. 'No problem, that's definitely appreciated Skaald Bridges. And, yeah, maybe we'll have to get the fistbump back in my system some other time.' He grins, it's not going to happen of course, but he can still joke about it.

'Now Miss Cohen, I appreciate your...' What is it? 'willingness to become an Official, but it won't be happening on my account, tonight.' He's looks at her with a serious expression, wondering what was going on in her mind.

'You see, I don't know what your talents are, but it's not just a matter of skill. I need to know and trust my Deputies. Now, I think I've spoken more with Edwin Bridges here in the last three months than I have been in conversations with you in the past three years.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

5. Likes Forn Clakes, RebornSeas, West, Jag liked this post
    Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"With you two running the same Circles and Mr. Bridges being much more charming than I... I would hope that is the case." Ashley's smile never faltered with the Reeve's words, as he missed something subtle. She would not hold it against him and rolled with the punches.

"Besides, Reeve Wooding, I wouldn't expect appointment tonight, nor would I need one to help if needed. I apologize for coming of strong as I should have elaborated a bit more for the purpose of clarity."

"My purpose is three-fold. To express my interest, offer my voice, and to ask how would you like me to proceed with the poachers that are tagging the city and addicting people to vitae."

Ashley couldn't help but give Asa a momentary glance, quite happy that he was not going to make this easy. Still she had promised him and she had no doubts he probably knew better than most that the quickest way to a woman's heart was through the ribcage. Not someone you want to disappoint...

Ashley's eyes shifted to Edwin as she shot him a quick wink. She didn't mind in the least to have him witness the fun of it all, plus she did have something to discuss with her cousin as well when everything was said and done. With that conversation quickly passing through her mind, she turned her eyes back to Chris.

Social Combat

7. Likes West liked this post

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Oh, snap!

There were many, many things that Edwin still needed to learn with living in this Domain but one thing was apparent; prove your worth. He knew that Chris had been in the city previously, had left for one reason or another, and returned. In that short time, he'd been named Hierophant and now Deputy. It was plainly obvious that for someone who appeared easy-going, there was that special spark that marked him out. Either that or the Crone knew Her childe and Fated only the best.

Perhaps there were things that Ashley was doing that the Skaald knew absolutely fuck all about, it wasn't his business. They had only crossed paths once in the mall and her idea of a practical joke was not to his liking. To his mind, she was simply trying to be what Harpy Star had in spades.

Now there was someone worth being Vinc'd for.

And then, there was the wink. Edwin raised an eyebrow. She looked away towards the Reeve.

"Sorry, I thing ya got something in ya eye? Nervous twitch?"
    Scenes

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

For a second Chris considers saying that his comparison between Edwin and her would probably even be applicable if they counted just Court, but he's not going to argue like a little kid. He leaves that to the Lords, and frankly, he's surrounded by them.

So he carefully listens to Ashley's self-campaign for power. Which is obvious. Otherwise she would have come with information first, and then she could have had a real shot at remaining officially involved in matters.

'Good.' Is his first response, as the Carthian says she doesn't need a position to help. 'Poachers you say. Sounds problematic. I will soon reorganize the whole Reeve's Office and make sure there are more patrolling Kindred. Are the poachers active in one particular Domain, that you know of?'

It feels strange talking to someone who looks away, but then he can't blame anyone for glancing at the Prince. He's wondering if Asa is involved in this. Not that it would matter. He just made Chris Reeve, and nothing was said about Ashley.

Then as there seems to be some sort of quarrel between the two Ventrue, Chris nearly laughs, but only a more genuine smile slips through his composure. 'As for the matter of your "voice", I will definitely be looking for a team of Deputies as diversely talented as possible. So you should both stay in touch, for that matter.'

Let it be clear, he's not turning down Ashley completely. Reeve Wooding is certainly interested in more than the two academically-minded claws he currently has at his disposal.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Fairly distributed and organized." Ashley did not bother with a retort towards Edwin. "Just when you are out and about look for the tags around the city. They are advertising what they are doing." Ashley tilted her head.

"What would you have me do?"

Social Combat

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

When Ashley ignored him, Edwin smirked, wearing his expressions clearly on his face. Heart on his sleeve.

Whatever.

Either way, he was still interested in her information. She might be a Bitch but serious shit meant head's up.
    Scenes

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Are they now? Interesting. For a moment Chris subtly studies the Carthian. What an attitude she has.

He looks at Edwin then, surprised that the man didn't comment on his to-deputize-invitation for all Ventrue.

Because change is about to happen in Court. 'You could gather a few people and investigate the whole situation more closely? Poachers are outside our law, you can do whatever you want with them. Although leaving one for questioning is always nice,' he trusts she can do that with her wonderful voice. Otherwise Chris has a few useful methods.

It's like teaching Cruac without involving the mysteries of the Crone.

'I hope to find some new capable deputies, I will assign them to help Kindred and situations that need problem-solving. Like this, addicted mortals are dangerous and a threat to the Masquerade. Though you must understand that currently I can't say much about it. I will contact you as soon as I have settled as Reeve.' He has the position for hardly ten minutes now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread