Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Max nods his head at Travis's words, turning his attention to me man once more. "Sacramento has always struck me as more of a way point than a destination. We certainly have a fair share of Kindred who settle into the city permanently, but it always seemed to me we have had more passing through than staying put. It makes for an interesting society, and plays hell with the politics. Just when you think one of the Covenants is getting big enough to make a move, half of them disappear.

If it wasn't for His Grace and a few other Kindred of Worth, we might have ended up under Carthian rule..."
    Max looks back towards the other two Kindred, giving them a knowing wink.

When Clarke addresses him as "Herr", Max raises a curious eyebrow in the Prince's direction. "Why is it everyone seems to think I'm either German or own a condiment company? Maybe I should change my name; something innocuous like "John Smith"." It's clear from the Mekhet's tone that he's only joking, but it wasn't the first time someone had referred to him by the German title.

And while Clarke might have only been joking about creating a title for a new form of uniquely Kindred rage; the Mekhet did give it some thought... "Well, I'm not aware of any phrase that would fit the bill, so it would more than likely be a compound word. Probably something along the lines of "Rerlorentechnologieraserei" Or "Rasereivonrerlorentechnologie", depending on how you wanted to conjugate it.

PRE

No, this place is anything but dull. Michael's own experience here had been a roller-coaster since day one. His 'life' likely would not get back to a normal rhythm until he returned to the East Coast.

Michael gives Allison a smile that does not reach his eyes. "Unfortunately, I don't care to drink anymore. I imagine it would have been fun, but I had only recently moved there before I was turned. Never had the chance to go."

Michael's assessment of the Domain seems to be on par with that of most; Kindred come and go regularly in Sacramento. This was good news for one who had only recently arrived and would likely leave again. Max's comment about Carthian rule demanded Michael's attention. Carthians? If there had been a play for power between covenants recently, it would not be a good time to do anything to arouse suspicion. Not that there was ever a good time. Michael decides not to press his luck any more tonight. He has enough of a lead in Mr. Heinz. Michael knows he will need to see the man again soon. Relieved, Michael finds it easier to bring his involvement here to a close. Or he would have, if the subject of etymology hadn't been brought up. Now Michael actually wants to put his two cents in.

"That's certainly a mouthful, Mr. Heinz. It's a shame they didn't use a more archaic language for naming these things." A hint of a genuine smile plays on his face. "In Sumerian, for example, it would be something like Gų-im-ba-huz - although that's a bit of a stretch. Roughly translated it means 'to rage at loss of sound'."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, I think nothing of the sort," Asa answered Max. "I was just demonstrating my complete ignorance of German without calling myself a donut."

His head slowly shook back and forth as the thin Mekhet conjugated.

"Maybe we'll just go with... iFrenzy?"

Before he could look to their most contemporary Daeva for a verdict, the other man spoke. First he was rubbing elbows with island owners, now speaking Sumerian.

Next, he'll let us know he was Sired by Count Fucking Dracula.

His eyes slid over to Max and Allison, and he shook his head slightly again. "Well, I've always made it a practice of bowing out of conversations involving Sumerian, and so I shall bid you a good evening. Unless," his eyes landed on Allison Black 's glass, "You'd like to join me upstairs for a drink? Perhaps share incriminating stories of the Irish Mardi Gras?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Allison Black

Allison Black

Daeva •• | Domain • | Unaligned

BP •• |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP •••(•)
    Current Scenes

[Sac Noir]
    Vitae 4
    WP 3/4
    -Nightlife Active

+2
    SL
    PRE

Allison wouldn't put it past Asa that he has beads hiding on or around his person. He always has that knack... She lifted up her empty cup with a smile creeping across her face. "My cup is empty..." She laughed with a added helpless shrug thrown into the mix.

Allison looked to Max. "It is great that you are back." She looked to the new comer of the domain, Michael. "You take it easy." Allison slowly came off her bar seat with her empty cup, as she moved with around to join Asa as he exited from behind the bar.
    Allison Black
    Daeva •• | Domain •• | Unaligned
    BP •• |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP 3/4

"Our eyes they cannot see..."
    "They're wasted on people just like me..."

Played by Whisper

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Max looks to Travis when the man mentions Sumerian. "I didn't know you spoke the language, Mr Travis. Perhaps you should speak with Regent Brady sometime; she's also skilled with Sumerian." The smile the Mekhet gave the man was nothing but friendly...

He then turned his attention back to the Prince, sharing the man's smile at the joke. "Just be careful, from what I understand of Apple, they probably have that copyrighted too.." When Clarke addresses Black, Max slowly rises from his seat. The Dragon might not be skilled at picking up on social cues, but even he can read that one. "I believe that is my cue to exit. A pleasure, as always, Whip Black. Your Grace." Max offered a respectful bow of the head to the two Kindred, then turned towards Michael.

"Good to meet you, Mr Travis. I hope you enjoy your time in Sacramento." Unless one of the three Kindred stops him, Max makes his way back to the rest of Court.

6. Likes West liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"My cup runneth over," Asa answered with a grin as he offered the former Harpy his arm.

Allison Black and Asa Clarke exit Scene
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread