Ended
Watch

A Gathering of the Circle

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    C
    C_Lloyd

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Chris Wooding. Welcome to the circle, honored one."

Notaku turns to Dirge and tilts his head inquisitively. "What does the Grove King have in store for this re-forged Circle tonight. Will you be leading us in a ritual?"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Gunnar shifted a little. Blue eyes flicked towards the starry sky.

"The stars are not right," he said with a note of sadness. "Still. There are others things that can be done. The Circle has waned greatly over past years. If it is now reforged, then questions must be asked. A circle does not need a leader, but if any wish to stand. Now is the time. If there are things that must be done, now is also the time to speak."

He shifted his position slightly as he looked over the company.

"I am Grove King. Guardian of that which must be know, but must not be uttered." He shook his head. "It is not my place to lead."

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

The Lord...blinked.

Leader? Could he really do that? His beliefs were his own but he'd only been around a few months. Was it too much, too soon? He still wasn't settled in any part of the Domain yet.

Fuck it.

He held up a tattooed hand. "I'd like to put myself out there," he grinned, his husky voice honest and open. His hazel eyes looked around the gathered. "I know I've only been here a little while but there is nothing I want more than to see the Circle rise back to its proper standing amongst the other Covenants within the city."
    Scenes

Her expression was one of curiousity at the open proposition that was made, leaving the blonde thoughtful for the most minute of moments. She wasn't going to raise a hand, not seeing the reasoning behind it, but she did lift her gaze to each of those around her, thoughtfully. "The notion that this Circle has been so small is... worrisome..." There seemed too many coincidences to her, and she knew many things about coincidence.

"Before the Temple in Yarmouth was burned, I had been honoured with the position of High Priestess. Sacramento is where Magna Matre sent me on my quest to reforge my family once more, and now I join this gathering as the Circle here begins to reforge itself, as well?" Her expression remained thoughtful as she shook her head. "If this Circle so sees fit, it seems too much for me to consider all these circumstances to be mere coincidence, and so I, too, will volunteer."
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

5. Likes Forn Clakes, Dark Passenger liked this post

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

A Circle with actually some devout followers? When was the last time that happened? A while back...

Still, Chris feels he's always been here. Under the two Hierophants before him, then as the leader himself. And for the first time the Circle had properly celebrated all four Holy Nights in a year. It feels strange to ask this of the Circle, but since everyone except Dirge is so new, he cannot remain silent. 'I volunteer as well. I may have returned only a few nights back, but I served as Hierophant of this Circle for almost two years. As the face of this Covenant, people know me, and I can deal with inevitable political matters and take responsibility. If only to take care of the Temple that I found and the library I built therein.'

Chris looks at everyone, he's been in the same situation as them, so he understands how they might feel. 'However, within our Circle we don't need one person to take care of everything. A Priestess can still lead our rituals. I'd say that if we get to know each other a bit better, we can find everyone a suitable role.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, Forn Clakes liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Dirge squirmed slightly, lowering her head into her waiting hands. Probing fingers adjusted the line of the cloth wrapped around her face with genteel delicacy. A smile flashed across her face and she rocked, momentarily, with mirth.

"I wish to make it known that I am presently unable to take on the duties of Hierophant. My current project is all consuming and, at present, leaves me little time for other concerns. Mandragora are... difficult... to cultivate. I can report that our Lilly of Woe appears to have settled; unfortunately I cannot say if or when it will bear fruit."

Lifting her head, fingers still splayed like tracing vines over her face, Dirge looked tentatively at Gunnar. The Viking let his eyes drift over her, but made no reply.

9. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
    C
    C_Lloyd

Notaku had no interest in volunteering to lead anyone. His role was to observe, to learn, to survive, and to pursue his faith. Though the Mother comes first in all things, the hunt was also important to the gangrel.

The giant furrowed his brow when Wooding mentioned 'political matters'. He was uncertain as to who would want to interfere with the Acolyte's pursuing their faith. That was one of the things he would learn, for better or worse. He chose to remain quiet rather than challenge the others for a position he didn't want.

After Dirge spoke, Notaku turned towards him, curious about what he had just heard. "May your efforts be fruitful. But what is a Mandragora?"

The blond Haunt looked up at Notaku's inquiry and smiled warmly. "... a plant that has been fed the blood of kindred," she explained softly, so as not to speak over any others. "A ghoul of a sort. To my understanding, they are very finnicky, and it can be difficult to extract lacra from many types of plants..."

Her gaze settled on Dirge, and she looked a bit impressed as well as pleased. "It speaks highly to the skill with which Miss Dirge handles plants."
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Mandragora?! Nice one, Dirge. Chris smiles, he's been interested in mandrake ever since he heard rumors about them. He never did any proper research though. The Shadow could tell Notaku a few things he knows, but Sinead beat him to it. The details are a matter for another time. After all, the topic of "Hierophant" is still on the imaginary table, not unimportant.

So Chris looks to Gunnar, and to the other two volunteers, what now? The Rex Nemorensis is in the highest position, and he brought it up. So the former Hierophant remains silent.

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-10 15:39:57 Chris rolls 8 to Int + Occult for mandragora? (10 Again) 2, 7, 1, 2, 3, 3, 7, 10, 8 2 successes
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"So. Three seek to become Hierophant. Tell us, then, what will you bring to the Circle and the Traditions you might follow. Then you shall vote. One does not rise to leadership without the consent of the circle." The Viking paused. "I will not vote. There will be an outcome this night."

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread