Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1407) Bishop and Striker

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    T

"Nah mate. You don't get it. I'm complete now." Striker emphasised. "Just 'cause I'm not the same as everyone else doesn't mean I'm missing something. Adaptability is Strength, right. I've adapted. This is me now. Done. Chop of me other arm and I'll bloody well adapt to that too." Strikers tone was deadly serious.

It had been a traumatic time for him. Losing his arm over the course of his Awakening. Coming to in a hospital with one missing limb, but suddenly having the supernal power to manifest his will. The doctor who had looked after him was an Arrow as well and he had mentored him through the experience and taught him how to cope, with his loss and with his new gift. It had been a struggle to learn the lesson of adaptability, especially since he thought he had more to adapt to than everyone else. But eventually he learned that everyone was missing something, physically, emotionally or even mentally everyone had their own challenges and it was only by learning to embrace and overcome your own trails that you come become truly effective.

"Only at the same time I'm not done, and I'll never be done. I'll always be improving." He was talking with the fire inside him now. "Getting faster, stronger, more powerful, pushing my limits. As soon as you stop growin' you start dying ay. Maybe one day I'll have two arms again, but I'm not gonna let myself fall behind the pack now because of it." He found that he had ended up leaning towards Bishop in his earnest and relaxed again leaning back.

"Everyone's got stuff they have to deal with. Mine's just blatantly obvious that's all. What about you?" He challenged the other man.

2. Likes RebornSeas liked this post

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

"What about me?" Bishop asked the question, as if in recluse and totally alone with himself. "What about me?" He looked up, but his posture was a little slouched.
    "It is an interesting take on life, saying that as soon as you stop growing, you start to die." Bishops words came hesitantly. He could almost hear her voice again. <Why don't you try to be more social - afraid, you might like it?>
    "It is certainly in tune with your higher calling, walking that path through the primal wild." he continued, while his right hand idly, probably unconsciously, rubbed his belly. "But death is not the stagnation, not the arrest of development, even though it usually goes with the state, that we call death. I was dead. I should have been dead, for all intents and purposes. Someone made sure. Pushed the right button in me and succeeded. He just could not have fathomed, that death is not stasis, it is merely transition. My murderer became my catalyst. My transition is not complete...yet. But I am an object at rest. I observe patiently, for the most part and I endure until the time comes again to...return."
    Bishop broke off. He had shared more with this man, than he had shared with anybody else in this city...ever. Still, this man, Striker, had answered all his questions. The scales needed balance. He had induldged far enough...even she could not object at that, wherever she was now.
    "For now, my calling... my job... is to prevent the reoccurance of breaches in the veils. My dealings with the pentacle are mostly observatory in nature, so all this here..." he gestured in the direction of Aquinas and Avalon, "...is just a great theatre. I exist within it, I accept it as necessary, but I keep my eyes on other things. Things, that threaten to tumble the stage of this magnificent illusion of an organized society, which tries so desparately to convince itself, that a better tomorrow can be found. Even though it is just transitory and we all are just objects at rest, sooner or later."
    Bishop adjusted himself. "It was nice, to have met you, Mr. Striker. I wish you well in your endeavours. I do not wish to seem rude, but I have told you all I am willing to share at this moment. Until I got to know you better, if such a thing is possible."
    He fell silent.
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

4. Likes Teeramus, Sirith liked this post
    T

Striker listened with interest as the old man revealed his story. It sounds like someone... Killed the old man, but he came back to life? Is he a Moros then? He seems to really understand the whole death thing. Creepy.

Striker stood when Bishop indicated he was bringing their conversation to it's conclusion. Though he wasn't much of a fighter, the other man had earned Striker's respect.

"Good talkin' to ya Mister Bishop, I hope you enjoy your show. Oh and ah." He paused and looked at Bishop with sincerity "You held your own in that boxing match pretty well, but if you ever want some tips ay, feel free to come see me." He gave a small wave as he made to rejoin the rest of the mages assembled.

Striker will leave the thread unless Bishop stops him. Good conversation! I really enjoyed it.

6. Likes Samaritan liked this post

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Bishop gave a court nod. "I will keep it in mind, Mr. Striker. Thank you. Until then." he said, getting up and taking a closer look at the whole affair.

Wrap up. Thank you, that was awesome. Both character return to main thred.
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

8. Likes Teeramus liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread