Ended
Watch

(Threads of Blood) So how was your day?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
    C
    Casitive

Glass shatters. In a way, it was a beautiful sound. Tinkling breaking glass falls against one another, reflecting the world in their broken pieces. Like the shattering of the mirror, pain shatters through the Thyrsus as the world revolts against his Will fueled with ineffable whips of Power. The Universe never stood a chance against his Will and Animus grasps the Imago and pulls it through the Abyss; the Shadow shows the way forward.

The scent of fresh foliage after a Summer storm, a verdant, green scent touches the Thyrsus' senses. It beckons him. A forgotten sound of joyous laughter, hers, from a forgotten memory bubbles in his mind. Would Animus follow it?

The scent and the sound called him to the south-western parts of Sacramento.

Ariadne

A
    Asp

Asp contemplated the tactical situation at hand, a thoughtful frown on her youthful face.

"We're not going to be able to just go in swinging. We need to make some assignments and get this set up. Counter-magic. Healing. That sort of thing. If we don't have people whose job it is to protect the others, we're gonna go down hard."

She looked to the others. "I can heal myself of wounds that are that bad, but I'm not a Life Adept able to heal others. I can do a bit of counterspelling too, but it's not something I know by Rote. I'm mostly mainline combat at this point."

Being a rookie, at times, was a total bitch. She knew what needed to be done, but didn't have the training herself to do it. At least her mentor had been good.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

As Animus turned inwards Ariadne took a moment to center herself. Standing so near to Triqeutra's body its not easy. Especially with all of those wounds on her. Pulling out the iron coin emblazoned with a Pentacle on one side and a leering demon face on the other Ariadne holds it before her and begins to slowly chant in High Speech. Letting the spell build she lets it out into the Pattern of the Lie.

1 suxx to scry on caster of spells on triq's body, 0 Dox, 1 Mana spent
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-13 18:58:01 Ariadne rolls 1 to Dox (2 base-1 magical tool, -1 mana burn)=chance (10 Again, Chance) 6 failure
    2014-07-13 18:57:12 Ariadne rolls 3 to Scry on whomever cast those spells on Triq (Gno4+Space3+HS2-6pen=3) (10 Again) 9, 5, 4 1 success

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis followed Animus and the Epopt down, down, and down to where they kept the bodies. She'd gathered any of the tainted crime scene items (if any) that the Epopt hadn't taken before she'd followed them, but didn't say anything to anyone. She would help if she could, but was finding it hard to feel helpful while being ignored. She couldn't imagine what it could possibly be, but hopefully the Epopt had a good reason for ignoring her the way she was.

Well, Avis would be there if she was needed. If not, then she'd just be taking up space. Whatever. There was at least one thing she could do in the meantime. Really she should have done it before, but she was always hesitant to build up too much static. It was irrelevant, though. She couldn't do anything if she was blind.

Potency 1 supernal sight up
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-13 20:07:33 Avis rolls 5 to supernal sight (10 Again) 6, 6, 1, 5, 8 1 success
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

C
    Casitive

Ariadne's calm chants focuses her will, phrases of Atlantean calling towards the Truth. The illusion of Space and the tyranny of distance overcome for a precious few seconds. It wasn't easy, there wasn't a lot for Ariadne to go on other than what she's been told by the Panopticon and a pen in her hand, but the space in front of her shimmers for a moment and dissolves.

On the other side, Ariadne can see the woman Euryale identified as Obsidian. Wizened, gaunt, and pale, she looked to be chanting in front of the Jars. Her tongue lolled obscenely outside of her lips of its own accord. Nearby, was Ripper, his hair and beard black, but with a zealous gleam in his eyes; Obsidian's left hand.

It was a windowless room.

A teddy bear sat just within the frame.

Then, Ariadne's window collapsed almost as long as it took to open it.

Looks like we're coming to the end of this thread's thrust. We should begin wrapping up and have you guys regroup.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

As the window snaps shut Ariadne winces. "Shit..shit SHIT" Blue eyes dart to Animus then to Avis.

"Sorry, I wanted to see if I could pull it off with out anyone else potentially being hit in a backlash of anything. They're Working right now. Well one of them is, a women called Obsidian. Her accomplice is with her, Ripper. I couldn't see past that other than several jars and a teddy bear. We need to get going now before they can finish or get them right after and pray we can deal with it." Ariadne takes a slow breath. "Ya ok, this is definitely more your world than mine." A small worried smile carries her words to Avis.

I'm assuming Animus is still casting presently for Ariadne's time/space? If not I can move forward faster.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Oh. Ok. That made sense. The Epopt was just being focused. Just like she should be. There was no time for this petty bullshit. For perceiving slights or harboring ill will. This was time for Benefit of the Doubt 210%. There were far more important things to worry about.

"Did you say Tuh-Teddy Bear?" Avis asked, tongue tripping over the words despite herself. What the unholy fuck were they doing with a Teddy Bear? Was it some memento? Some trophy from innocents that these parasites had devoured? Or tainted until they became like them?

Her hands curled into savage fists, muscles forcing her fingers to curl until her knuckles crackled and tendons popped. The sound was almost startling. The rage had crept up on her, like a rogue wave overtaking a ship. Through force of will she managed to relax her hands, and her jaw.

"Ok. Thanks for looking," she said, speaking slowly so as to sound calm and trying to give the Epopt a respectful nod. "Do you want to go tell the others and start planning with them? I can let Animus know what you saw once he's done."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

8. Likes Kelreth liked this post

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

At some point after Ermon's rested a minute or two he suggests to Leo:

"When we decide to rush in there we should really top Animus with Mana. And anyone else who can heal damage made by Unmaking. This shit really needs some strategizing", - may be rushing into hell is how Arrows do such shit but he's not about to go in there without recon or a formation. He saw those in movies: they are effective.
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo bit his lip as Ermon finished. Somehow 'hit hard and fast' got misconstrued into 'let's not bother planning' by him and Asp. That was a problem with Leo. Not because of his already strong dislike for Ermon or the view of Leo as reckless for not wanting to plan, but because communication was vital on the battlefield. It was a major problem if it was already an issue. He gave a perplexed look to those assembled as he pondered where the problem was, the delivery or interpretation, but then realized he had a job to do as First Talon.

"Okay, few things." Leo started looking mostly to Asp. "Animus isn't the only healer, I got rotes for poison and regular forms of harm. I could use mana though since I lost access to my Hallow when Vae left." A shrug and he continues with a look to Ermon."After the nightmare you mentioned being able to make items to prepare. What items?"

A look back to Asp. "I'm thinking we pair off. Me and Animus in the front where we can do the most damage initially, followed by Ermon and Ariadne should they choose to come, and you and Avis in the back to prevent an attack from the rear on the most vulnerable going in." The First Talon points his thumb over to where the others had gone. "Animus is up front for offensive power, I'll be there for counterspells and required healing should the chance to attack not present itself for me. I'd like Ariadne to establish a Mind link for unspoken communication and possibly some mental shenanigans on the enemy, and Avis and Ermon are there for recon. You'll be there for some oomph and backup willworking in the case of an attack from the rear or flank."

Eyes shift from Asp to Ermon. "How's that for strategizing?" He had asked for the major bases for a reason after all. Seriously, why does nobody ever trust their elders?

+1
    SL
    PRE

Everyone please continue in the Sanctuary here please.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread