Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Perspectives on Death

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Watching as David rose from his seat, Edwin was a little surprised with his offer but the smile came smoothly back after the memories of his Mom.

"No, thanks. I've found that since my Embrace, I only drink...beverages when hanging with the Kine and only so as to protect the Masquerade," he admitted honestly before giving a shrug. "I really hate that moment when what goes down must come up. Also, I find it a waste of Vitae. At the moment, I ain't got as much supply as I used to," Edwin added with a chuckle. The hassle of being a slow starter.
    Scenes

C
    Casitive

Oh no,” David replied, “it isn't to drink. I find that I like holding a boiling cup of water. It feels,” David pauses looking for the right word, “therapeutic to hold.” It was difficult to express, the feeling of leeching the heat from water; stealing its warmth for cold, dead muscles.

Slowly lowering himself David apologizes, “I'm sorry, I should have offered earlier. But, I was eager to sit down and chat.

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

"Oh!" Edwin replied, suddenly feeling a little awkward about going on about his feeding habits when all David was offering was something to warm his hands. "Sorry, I got confused. I've never actually tried it. Therapeutic, ya say?"

"Being eager to chat is always a good start for any conversation. I mean, I can chat all night 'til sunrise but that really is a rubbish idea," the Lord chuckled.
    Scenes

C
    Casitive

Answering Edwin's first question, David inclined his head and added, “That's right. It's therapeutic, you'd have to try it sometime.” Surprisingly, perhaps to Edwin, David was rather unfazed at hearing of Edwin's feeding habits. Although many Kindred found talking of feeding somewhat distasteful; David studied it, interviewed Kindred, and drew conclusions. The most meaningful conversations on the Kindred condition, David found, came from those interviews.

It might have been what Kinsey thought too.

Half of all of the time in the world,” David noted ruefully off of the Lord's chuckle.

Should we begin wrapping up?

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

"I may have to," Edwin replied, wondering if the kettle in his motel room worked. He had yet to make use of it.

David's comment caused the Lord to pause, and he took out his phone to check the time. "Hel's belles, would'ya look at that," Edwin chuckled, slipping the slim cell back in his pocket. His eyes were warm and honest. "Thank you for tonight, David. Its been good."
    Scenes

C
    Casitive

No problem at all,” David said in his pastoral cadence. Rising again, the Mortician offered, “I can show you out if you'd like? But, feel free to come by again, if the notion strikes.

Slow to rise, the Shadow obviously takes his time in most things; exhibiting a surprising amount of patience.

It was probably from being in his line of work.

Great Scene!

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Rising from his seat, Edwin followed David back to the front of the funeral home. "I think I will. Thank you," he said before offering a handshake and heading out into what remained of the night.

Likewise!
    Scenes

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread