Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1406) Shadow Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Her eyes take in each of her Cousins as they enter the room, friendly smiles and nods were offered to each of them. But her eyes lingered a bit longer on Regent Brady, who seemed to be preoccupied with something.

She then decides to take charge and get the meeting started, and stands to address her Family.

“Good evening everyone, I do hope everyone is having a fine evening tonight.” She says, “I thought it best to go around and introduce ourselves due to the fact we have a new face among us tonight.” Her eyes look to Rina and she smiles. “I am Lady Daniella Sage, Au Pair of the Invictus and Mistress Keeper to the Domain.” She will then take her seat once again, opening the floor to whomever wished to go next.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

The sooner done, the better. Aοleen leaned slightly forward, and with a short nod toward the esteemed members of the assembly, be they Seneschal, Reeve, Priscus, or Au Pair, introduces herself to the asian newcomer.

"Aοleen McFarlane, student of the Ordo Dracul." she said weakly, before leaning back into her chair, and the comfort of anonymity.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina rises and inclines her head slightly to the others. "Madame Rina Yui, of the Invictus." She takes her seat again.
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

C
    Casitive

David was never loquacious and the thought of putting his head above the parapet wasn't ideal, but it seemed he needed to. Johan was a traditionalist and a childe of another traditionalist and that seemed to seep through the ages to a meek, bookish man who like Aileen; would have preferred his anonymity.

“Good evening,” David offers his introduction, “David Regan, also a student of the Ordo Dracul.”

But, the Shadow Regent of Citrus Heights seemed intent on leaving if the Elephant in the room wasn't addressed. The Mortician feared what might occur if what was brewing above their heads wasn't diffused in some way.

“Priscus Connery,” the Shadow turned towards the Gangrel of Many Hats, “if it isn't too much trouble, sir, would it be possible if we might have a few moments alone among our family?”

Whenever a convenient lull in the conversation affords him the chance, Daniel hops on the name train too. "Daniel Whitfield." He introduced himself succinctly.

Probably should've mentioned the Carthian bit too, but whatever. the term Carthian didn't mean much at all in this city. Pretty much a fancy name for Unaligned.

While the others conversed, Daniel was thinking about the unique Carthian ability to fucking vanish into thin air. First had been Troy Hey! Thanks for electing me Prefect! Later! the thought ended with a pretty comical 'Poof' sound. Then James Troy disappeared on us, what a chode! then he immediately vanishes too.

And Olliver hadn't so much as let Daniel know he was still in town or something. Not even for the gun shop. Daniel had been curious to see where that was going.

Yeah, fuck those guys and whatnot, moving on.

Daniel notes names and pins them to faces. Daniella was back, that was cool... Well, it sucked actually. If this meeting was going where he thought it was going the great Au Pair's return kinda sorta ruined a bit of leverage. There was a big Meh (-ket?) there, Daniel wasn't really obligated to do anything now so it didn't really bother him much.

So, by and by, Daniel leans back in his chair restlessly, still waiting for business to go down.

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

Seneschal Martha Villiers
    Presence ●●●● Striking Looks ●●
    Mask of Tranquility

Tiny Martha goes wide-eyed for a moment at the suggestion that the Reeve excuse himself. But she found no surprise that it is Erika herself that formed the catalyst for such insistence.

Had no one actually read her announcement?

While she finds herself near pouting, and is meek in her turning on Dillon as well, there is some quiet steel in her resolve as she finishes her next thought. "Ah... yes. Please do excuse Clan Mekhet for the present moment, Reeve.

"I shall relay our willingness to accommodate your efforts and investigations once our apparently private business has concluded!"
    She forced a giggle at the end, her demeanor as sweet as ever. Still in good humor. But if anyone can be heard maintaining the picture of innocence while fighting back a growl at the same time, that was it. A dainty hand rubs hard at her mutilated hip under the table. "Thank you for your stalwart presence!"

Oh well...

"Now then!" she chirped happily once the room was all Shadows. "To follow along with the introductions, I am Miss Martha Villiers. I serve His Majesty as Seneschal, and am also a student of the Ordo Dracul, along with Miss MacFarlane and Mister Regan. For tonight, His Majesty has also requested that I may serve Clan Mekhet as Priscus until a new one is selected."

From here, she passes the verbal ball along with a gentle nod and a smile.

7. Likes Chrisie liked this post

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Hazel eyes carefully watch the exchange with interest, noting who was brave enough to voice objection. Admiring, the careful way that David did it. Shadows indeed. And though he isn't a fan of the way that a room full of cousins bullied their Priscus and the Seneschal to relenting on whatever her plan was, he doesn't take to inviting Mekhet to Savage soirιes, either.

Then again, if he did, and his family pulled this on him without even bothering to ask his reasoning first, he'd probably beat the tobacco juice out of each and every one of them.

No one cuts at the pack Alpha without the Alpha cutting back. Even if that means striking the whole pack down and starting fresh with a new one. Dillon is stubborn like that.

His words to the tiny Herald are perfectly genial, however. As if trying to match her sweetness. He can't though. His voice is too full of natural rasp, his features, youthful as they are, too masculine. "As always Seneschal Villiers, the pleasure is all mine. I shall leave your lot to their business."

As he stands, to nearly two meters high in the Doc Martens he's wearing, his expression is one of placid, agreeable friendship. Oops, he's doing it again. Hazel eyes find the more silent Shadows, who had ignored the goings on in their cowardice, and linger on David who spoke out. And Erika, who had so openly engineered it.

"Though I would suggest that, in the future, you might make certain what exactly that business is, before you immediately seek to countermand it."

Because outside this room, they're in Elysium again. Outside Elysium, they are in a Domain with common Praxis rigorously upheld most directly by one Gangrel, who knows how to exercise his privilege. It's something to think about. He has become somewhat protective of the smallest, brightest Shadow.

As if he said nothing bold at all, Dillon cheerfully bids them good night. "Clan Mekhet, Regent Brady. Do enjoy the rest of your evenings."

Without further ado, he departs.

Dillon has left the scene.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aοleen wouldn't have dared doing what David had just done without extensive consideration, and she silently looked at him, wondering if anything would befall him after his... request. When it was met with agreement from both the Priscus and the Reeve, she silently relaxed, sitting an inch deeper in her chair.

And yet... and yet the man was no threat to her, she was sure of that. If anything, his presence had been an insurance that nothing would go physically out of hand. While she had never considered herself in danger before, or nearly never, she now realized how much physical powers were a truthfully potent threat, leverage and insurance. Perhaps it could be something to ponder, time permitting.

As it was, they were now all introduced, and on their own. Shall the Shadow business go on, then ? Who would go for the fleeting title of Priscus ?

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

"Thank you for the lovely suggestion, Reeve. I'm pretty sure it will will be given all the due consideration it deserves."

Erika favored the departing Reeve with a sweet, fearless smile. The smile was one that only a Kindred who controlled a sixth of the Domain could manage. Reeves had come and gone. Erika Brady remained. And a sixth of the city was world enough, and more, for secrets. It was also a smile that few could manage: the smile of someone who was simply not afraid of the Reeve -- under any circumstance.

It had taken only a moment to bring the wording of the invitation to mind; a mind which, she considered sharing with the Reeve. While 'with' could certainly mean 'in the presence of', the word 'prompt' suggested otherwise. She had far more important things to do than educate a Savage in semantics. The poor thing was just a Gangrel, after all. He probably felt lost being off of his tether.

Hopefully he'd caught her use of the words 'lovely' and 'pretty'. He couldn't be that stupid, with the stilted vapidity forced by the inclusion of the latter.

She took the seat she'd claimed with her clutch, not that she would be staying. Vivid green eyes studied David Regan for a moment before turning to Martha Villiers.

"I believe the first order of the aforementioned business was the selection of a replacement Priscus, in the face of our loss."

Teodor Raluca had once insulted her.

Erika Brady remained.

11. Likes Chrisie, , Wod.Infant liked this post

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

A smile and nod is offered to each Shadow as his or she introduced themselves. There was always a sense of belonging when it came to Family meetings, and Daniella felt herself at ease.

Well, that was until David made his request to Dillon. Her eyes look from David to Dillon. There was a sense of feeling bad for the Savage at the request for him to leave. Though she understood the importance of conducting Family business behind closed doors, she didn’t think her fellow Shadows had really private matters to discuss. They were electing a Priscus, which would become Domain knowledge after the meeting. Mentally she shrugs.

But Marthas words made that mental shrug pause. Accommodate his efforts and investigation? Now she was curious, she loved a good investigation, and longed to step back into the role of aiding in active investigations. At Dillons words, she offers him a friendly and encouraging smile. She valued not only his unyielding service to the Domain, but his personal views as well. She hoped to be able to touch base with him and catch up one of these evenings.

Well, with Regent Brady putting the business out there, seemed it was now or never. Once Dillon had left the room and the door had closed, she readies herself. Her last pitch had not worked, they ended up with four Priscus, would this time be more successful?

She then carefully stands, clasping her hands in front of herself and straightens her back. “Fellow Shadows,” she begins, her tone respectful and humble as she moves her eyes to each Shadow present, “I would like to put forth myself as a new Priscus for our Family. I realize my past actions of leaving the Domain recently may reflect poorly on me, but I assure you, my loyalty has always resided in Sacramento and with you.” She begins. “Before my departure I had resided within the Domain for three years. During which time I had achieved the position of Bailiff, before being granted the honor of serving as Keeper. I have always strived to put forth my best foot and serve the Domain and our Family with grace and honor. As Priscus, I would make it my personal goal to see our Family thrive within the Domain. We already have those among us who have achieved great success,” her eyes look to Martha, then to Erika with respect. “I wish to see more success, we have certainly earned it. I also wish to see the Family united, both to the Domain, and on a personal level. When was the last time we all got together and shared an experience? Rather it be a museum, or taking time to learn of what another Shadow does as a hobby or interest?” her eyes seem to smile as she looks to Aileen, “I would love to dedicate evenings to spending time with you to learn and share in your love of the water.” She says with obvious interest. “We should be sharing that among each other, learning from each other, and achieving more greatness.” She exclaims, her tone excited and honest. “I want to lead our Family into the future, and if elected your Priscus, it would be a great honor to serve each and every one of you.” She then offers a bow of her head before returning to her seat.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

13. Likes Matamune, West, Chrisie, Jaqen, liked this post
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread