Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Damage Control

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    W
    WakingDream

Impulse jogs into the restaurant, wearing what looks to be a brand new navy tracksuit and hoodie. The enchanter's eyes are set on a gold pocket watch in his hand as he approaches, seemingly oblivious to anything else.

A moment after almost running into a waitress(complete with many 'excuse me' and 'begging your pardon's) he spots the group and approaches their table.

"Hello everyone. I'm sorry I'm late... I think my watch is broken..." He says, eyes downcast. He gives the golden trinket a shake and hold it up to his ear for a tense moment before sighing and putting it away.

Impulse greets everyone (giving Kiko an especially big hug) who, besides Ermon and Ixidor, he has already met. To these two mages he introduces himself and offers a handshake and his familiar charming smile.

Important OOC

Azure raises a skeptical eyebrow at the notion of an Acanthus being late from a broken watch - she was tempted to laugh, but resisted the urge. Getting everyone seated, drinks and edibles distributed to whoever wants them, she directs them to begin.

First, by looking around to the table to ask, "Who will do the honors of assuring our complete and utter privacy before we begin? I'd like to avoid any interruptions or inhibitions to what we have to discuss today."

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo lifts a hand and begins tracing invisible circles near his ear. As he apparently calls someone crazy with a totally faked smile, sound around the table bends in on itself. Perhaps as notable as the effect was the fact that the pulse of magic was so hard to detect.

"Sound bent, just lean in and whisper when the waitress walks by to avoid disbelief." He shrugs and takes a sip from his iced tea. "Anybody else got something in their bag of tricks to add to the meeting?"

If you haveMage Sight up you need to roll Perception-3 to have your unseen senses trigger.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

The masks that people wore always fascinated Ermon. The Azure he sees now has very little to do with the kind girl who helped him in the park by pointing him in the right direction. And yet, both are the same woman.

The Warlock orders something with meat and potatoes in it and some beer. Food can alway help mellow a conversation somewhat and this one looked about to become intense.

"So, how much the two of you already know?"
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

A long, slow sip of white wine occupies Azure while she waits for Leo to complete necessary precautions, and then answers Ermon, "Presumptively something may have happened. But more generally this city seems to have difficulty communicating, keeping things organized. Which is why we're here, why all of you have been invited to give us the best cross section of information we can get. So in a clear, orderly, and non-redundant manner, please summarize what's new. Let's start with why neither Animus nor Vae is here on behalf of the Arrow, shall we? If it's relevant of course. Or we can begin with a recap of the Consilium meeting that was being organized before I left."

“One moment, let me add my own protection to the mix first.” After looking around, making sure that everyone gave their permission for him to willwork, Kite leaned forward, mumbling words of power only when he was inside the protective shield the Arrow had erected. Despite the additional power he had placed into his techné, the libertine seemed to struggle a bit with the weaving. “Not my best work,” he conceded after he finished, taking a few breaths, “but it should do for tonight.”

The elder libertine took a sip of water. “I can’t speak for Vae, but I’m probably the most qualified here to explain Animus’ absence” he explained. “Triquetra was murdered recently. Leo and I were with Animus when we found the body. Animus…” Kite swallowed hard, spending a moment to look for the right words, “…he didn’t take it well.”

Kite took another sip of water. “Animus is not currently in a state where he can effectively contribute to a meeting like this. Kiko and I have been looking after him however, and I am hopeful he will recover soon” Kite smiled and nodded to the younger Thyrsus, before turning to address Azure and Ixidor specifically. “Other than that, I’m afraid I am in a similar situation as both of you. Circumstances prevented me from attending the Consilium, so all the knowledge I have is hearsay. Impulse was present however, which is why I invited him to attend.” With that, Kite became quiet and sat back in his seat, occasionally taking a sip of his water.

Kite notices Leo’s spell when he casts it
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-29 17:40:52 Kite rolls 3 to Perception - 3 (10 Again) 4, 2, 10, 4 1 success

Kite (barely) manages to cast ‘Incognito Presence’ on everyone
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-29 17:40:01 Kite rolls 4 to Casting 'Incognito Presence' (Gnosis + Mind + 2(HS) - 6(8 targets)) (10 Again) 2, 5, 5, 9 1 success

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

When talk turns turkey, Ixidor watches the exchanges with an intensity that most might not expect from a lazy, devil-may-care rockstar. He follows the nuances, but doesn't comment. He watches the other Mages, secure their words, but watches without Supernal eyes.

Ix is no stranger to shielding conversations from outside influence (as Ariadne and Ermon could attest), but rather than show off, he decides to let everyone start from the ground up.

He inclines his head to the side, hair exaggerating the motion, as Azure speaks officially.

It's a pretty distinct non-verbal what she said.

The Théarch's nose wrinkles, and his lip curls, at Kite's revelation about what happened to Animus. He sympathizes, but has no idea of the true depth of the situation. It isn't hard to guess, though, because of that measured search for words, that it was bad.

"Like Qadesh, Rosh, and the others?" He has to ask. It isn't fair to, and he hates himself for it, but he has to.

He then looks to Kite and Kiko both when he says,
    "You tell him that I'm in town again, and if there's anything I can do to help him out: call me."

Ix doesn't make any more fuss about it than that, though. He needs to know what else has transpired, so he can begin integrating and contributing again.

Maybe not so much 'again' as 'this time'.
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

8. Likes Lesingnon, Princess liked this post
    k
    kimura

When Azure looks her direction Kiko simply shakes her head "I honestly know of nothing that happened that evening other than some sort of altercation between Reverb, Vae, and an Arrow I only briefly met before hand then Vae left with the Arrow in turn. Other than that, and worried about Maich and my own.. failings.. I am afraid I can't offer more information."

When Kite spoke of Animus she finally let a small smile escape her now reserved demeanor "I am pleased to announce that my Mentor is.. healing. Being who I am, I can sympathize his loss among other things and Kite is honest in his remarks of I helped him, and still help him" she paused a moment as she looked down at her water then back to those assembled "Because that's what I do.. I help people"

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon fiddles with his fingers while the others speak. Of course, he already knew that Animus was AWOL but the fact that the former Hierarch fell apart because his girldfriend had been killed...

Just shows how much arcane power has to do with that enlightment charlatans brag about.

He decides to be the one to breach the topic of Concillium because, why not?

"Let me try to give you all a brief account of the Concillium. And if the others remember something differently they can correct me", - he inhales getting the story straight in his head and then delivers it, - "The Concillium was hosted by Reverb. He'd put his money and resources into getting a nice place and making it safe - a top guy, really. Things were going pretty ok in the beginning: Mages were getting in, including some people we'd never seen before. I myself was standing at the bar, talking to a couple of people. Snakebite, this Free Council famous punk star, asked whether it was ok to smoke. All of us didn't mind", - he pauses remembering what happenned next, - "I think the Hierarch delivered a speech: something about letting everyone who wanted to speak do so before a formal announcement of some sort. The next thing that happenned was Vae announcing that West was dead", - Ermon gives the others a few seconds to let that sink in, - "She then immediately accused Reverb of breaking California law by letting Snakebite smoke in a club. At that point I left the bar to talk to Ariadne. From what I heard, Reverb deflected, Vae didn't back down and one of her own, also a cop and an Arrow, grabbed Reverb. At that point pretty much everyone ganged up on Vae and that new guy for breaking the Lex Magica, including me and Ariadne. Vae must have realised that what she was doing was insane and left the Concillium. The new guy followed".

He takes a deep breath.

"In the end, nothing was announced or decided. And I guess we are left without three of the biggest Arrow guns. I have my own opinion about this whole mess but, as far as facts go, that's all I remember", - he watches the people around the table waiting for their reactions. His gaze lingers on Ariadne and others who were present at the Concillium.
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

11. Likes Cayce liked this post

Azure sadly, solemnly, takes in the news of death and trauma. But then the story keeps going and she hears that, "So if I'm hearing this right, we lost two arrow cops because they couldn't nark on a musician smoking in a nonsmoking area?"

Her hand reaches her mouth right quickly as she tries to cover up her laugh but a snort escapes. "I'm sorry, I know this is all a serious matter, but really? And who's this 'punk star?'" she looks reflexively over to Ixidor, then over to Kite and Impulse, for insight into the identity of a cool kid who can't resist the urge to smoke.

"I suppose that feeds right into the reason we're here then: The Lex Magica in this town is a mess and nobody cooperates as well as they could. So let's be brutally honest here - we've lost firepower, then, but have we potentially made way for more cooperation? Because that's what the city seems to crave, and if cops are starting barfights with smokers, that isn't helping anyone."

After a moment, she adds, "Not to be rude with all of this, but getting things moving quickly is a goal I don't think anyone has any objections to, am I correct?"

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread