DISPLAYED
Civil Minds, Savage Hearts

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Redfill seems somewhat distraught for a while as he recollects what he can remember of his capture:

"As disconcerting and insulting as that episode was, it was also educational. My Sire has a saying: 'Survival before social advancement, social advancement before personal perfection'. It's his firm conviction that we are a lot more fragile than we are used to believing." - he smiles weakly, - "Now I share that sentiment."

Supporting his chin with his fist, Michael considers something before continuing:

"By the way, what do you think is more useful: developing the powers of Resilience, or more natural stamina? I'm not very happy with the amount of punishment I can currently take before becoming a real corpse."

At Dillon's sudden agreement to deputize him based on his current assignment, the doctor arches an eyebrow.

When exactly did I show all those qualities?

Still, he bows his head:

"It's an honor, to be considered for this position. I'll do my best not to disappoint."
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"I'm sure you will," Dillon says, casually dismissive. Politely, though, with the mild sort of wave of his hand that indicates that they have more engaging things to talk about.

Such as preternatural toughness of Clan Gangrel, and those who have developed similar Gifts.

"That's almost a philosophical question," he says with a suddenly amused quirk to his smile and eyebrow, "isn't it? While we, being neither dead nor alive, feel no true sense of physical weariness, the body we find ourselves in imposes its limits. Thus, it's wise to expand those limits wherever possible, yes?

"The farther out the boundaries are, the farther we can push them. The more we can 'cheat' beyond what is natural."

Dillon seems to relax in his seat again, fully tucking away his affronted irritation at their rogue ghoul problem.

"On the other hand. The ability to shrug off even the smallest measure of our banes seems prudent to the point that we'd be foolish to ignore. After all, isn't that a large part of what it means to be a Gangrel? We are capable of doing with ease what other Clans suffer with great difficulty.

"We master the Beast within, walking side by side and bringing it to heel. We become one with all aspects of the night, foregoing every physical limitation of size, shape, and... density. Fire and light that destroys others can be reduced to momentary aggravations."

All of this, Dillon seems to speak of from personal experience, rather than legend. One can only wonder if this is because he's merely seen his Sire and Mentor do fantastic things, or if the knowledge is more firsthand.

"But I will say this: All of the latter consumes that essence of the Blood that we burn away to keep us animate."

While he isn't trying to make Michael's question more complicated, or avoid answering, Dillon hopes to convey the idea that it isn't one easily answered.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

And their conversation goes on for a bit until they both head out of the Lily. Great scene
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread