Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 26
DISPLAYED
First Impressions and Firm Salutes

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    M

Hearing that Court was approching, Roderick looked down at his attire. "I should try and dress properly then," He said to himself but dismissing it with a shake of his head. "I do have some actual questions and conserns. My sire focused mostly on surviving. However, she taught me two things that I'm afraid will be contradictory." Using his two hands, he held up the two apparently seperate ideals, "On one hand, the Sotoha Bloodline values simplicity in their attire. Simple suits and dresses without extravagance. Yet, the Invictus, on the otherhand, uses accessories worn on the body to send messages, do they not? How can I bring these two together?" he concluded his question by bringing his hands together, lacing the fingers into one another.

He thinks for a moment, adding, "I am sure I have proper etiquette down. Don't speak to a superior unless spoken to except when you are meant to greet them. The only thing I am really conserned about is how I am to put myself out into the Covedant when I don't know of anyone."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She catches the look he gives himself, wondering if that was the only suit he owned, or if he just felt under dressed? “There is nothing wrong with simplicity. If it suits you to dress in simple suits, then by all means, please do. I understand what you are saying with how the Invictus accessorize their attire. Most of the time they are displaying gifts given to them by other members. I have a necklace I wear to Court given to me by an outstanding member of the First Estate, my first gift actually. And I wear it with pride, even though the Kindred has left the Domain. There are Kindred who show and flaunt their wealth with how the dress and accessorize. I recommend investing in a good suit to wear to Courts, and as your wealth grows over time, purchasing more suits. Nothing stands out better on a man than a really nice suit!” she exclaimed.

“I don’t want you to be afraid of speaking to a superior, just be respectful about it. Every Kindred is approachable, just in the right way. If you wish to approach His Grace Alder Clarke, Duke of Sacramento, Prince of the Domain, who is also a member of the First Estate, approach him but stop at a respectable distance and allow him to acknowledge your presence, and invite you to approach him. There is also Her Grace Alder Twist Judex of the Invictus, Priscus of the Daeva, Royal Archon of Sacramento, who is someone you can approach, and as her title states, Judex of the Invictus. That would be her full title. Is there anyone else you were wondering about their full title? We also have Madam Alice Brown, Deputy Keeper of the Domain.” She realizes the number of First Estate members was growing smaller over time, and it saddened her. But there was the two recruits who wished to join the ranks of Kindred of Quality, this would increase the presence of the First Estate, something she felt was important. There was power in numbers. "There is a slight change or deviance of how to properly address His Grace, and it depends on the company. If it is just you and him, then use the title I provided you, if you are in mixed company, meaning with other not of the First Estate, then address him as Prince, Your Royal Highness, Your Highness, or Sir, or even Your Grace. Does that make sense?"
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

M

Roderick was left speechless after the stunning explanation by the Au Pair. Somehow she managed to blow away any questions he had when he had arrived her. He took several moments searching his thoughts, trying to think of something he hadn't had answered yet but was finding it difficult to think of anything. He finally gave up and shook his head in disbelief, "I can see why you were chosen for this role, Lady Sage. I believe you have eliminated any questions or concerns I have. Titles, Etiquette, proper attire. I can not begin to think of what else there is to discuss."

Roderick pushed himself up out of the chair, fixing his suit as he says, "Unless I am showing my ignorance by forgetting something, I believe the rest is up to my own ability." The old soldier stops for a moment before adding, "Though I am curious of the next step. I'm more used to taking orders rather than socializing and networking like I believe this would require so I hope you will forgive my ignorance in this matter."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She blushes slightly, “Thank you! Very kind of you to say.” She said with a nod of her head. It was the first time she had been complimented on her abilities as the Au Pair, and it felt pretty good.

Seeing him stand, she will do the same, “There is nothing to forgive.” She said with a smile, “The next step will be a meeting with the First Estate, expect to receive an invitation. Otherwise than that, have fun at Court, meet new Kindred, and don’t forget to explore the Domain.”
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

M

Roderick returns the smile and gives a grateful bow to her. "I will look forward to seeing you at the court then, Lady Sage. I will do my best to dress appropriately." He straightens up and says, "I also look forward to patrolling, both in general and especially under your experience."

"If I may, I shall depart." With a final bow of his head, Roderick turns and heads to the door of the office. Looking forward to the invitation, and his first Court.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella nods her head, "I will look forward to seeing you there as well, I am sure you will enjoy it!"

"Of course, thank you for the evening. Please enjoy the rest of your evening."

End Scene Thank you

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread