Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John nods,

"Of course Lance. Unfortunately, our former Prefect, Ciara Maskelyne as well as Katriana Scherbotsky who was a potential member of the Movement, have both left the city, I am unsure of their reasons."

John now addresses the group as a whole,

"The Movement has never had a very strong presence in the city of Sacramento. I am not aware of the full story as to why, but from what I have heard, the Movement here has had a history of having bad and over ambitious leaders."

John leaves it there for them to connect the dots, the Movement had a bit of a bad reputation which made everyone in the city worried, that was John's theory as to why the Movement was doing so poorly no one wanted to be part of the group that everybody else nervous.
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

PRE

The female Succubi offers the hint of a smile as Lance mentions having concerns about throwing his talents into the Movement, which was a thought eerily similar to those currently in her head. When John replies, Sarah takes a moment to consider the man's answers and wonders what he would make of the fact that the Carthian Movement, or a least a set of scum calling itself the Carthian Movement, had once been in almost complete control of a third of the city. 'Bad'? certainly but in the ethical sense, 'over ambitious'? well all of the political players back then had been guilty of that crime. No, she thought to herself, it must be the most recent versions of the Movement.

Still the Covenant was like Madonna. Every generation it had the ability to reinvent itself to stay relevant and failures of the past could only lead to failure in the future if mistakes were ignored and allowed to happen again. Which seemed to be what was happening with the organization over the past few years. The lack of institutional knowledge made it difficult to identify past mistakes and problems, which was only highlighted by the lack of information possessed by the longest serving Carthian in the room. Of course John could not be blamed for that, the old guard of the Movement seemed to have left little of their plans and blueprints or even advice to those sticking around. At least Lenny Pope had set up the meeting.

"Well I have concerns similar to Mr. Rayner. I am here this evening to learn about the Movement and decide if its current incarnation is a group which I wish to be apart of." Sarah leans back in her chair, directing her attention at John McLean. "It does appear that the mistakes of the past haunt this organization and I am wondering how those mistakes can be avoided in the future if all of the information we have about them can be written on the back of a business card with a sharpie."

The blond female Kindred shifts forward, straightening up in her chair. "Mr. McLean I am wondering how you would propose to learn of the mistakes made by past members of the Movement and avoid them in the future. I am not here to repeat the fuck ups of others and since you are the longest serving member of the Sacramento Carthian Movement I would like to know how you plan to avoid the pitfalls that have kept this Covenant from doing anything constructive."

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John smiles he maintains an open and welcoming attitude to the questions being presented to him. These were questions that had to be asked and John was doing is best to answer them honestly and realistically.

"I agree with you Miss. LaFleur, we must Learn our past mistakes. Unfortunately I am I do not know what those mistakes are. I have lived in Sacramento for too short a time, and have been told to little, about the Movement's history here a complete picture as to what we need to do. However I am willing to listen and learn. When it comes to Plans, considering that there is not Prefect at the moment, and up until now I am been the only truly active Carthain in the domain, so the only thing I could do to help the Movement is how I present myself. This does not mean I do not have any plans for the Movement though; it is merely a matter of getting the right information, and having the members to help move it forward.”

Lance frowns, face settling into a more serious expression. "I see." It wasn't difficult to figure out the problem with this incarnation of the Movement. "It seems to me that we have an organizational issue. You," he gestures to Mclean, his voice only a little accusatory. "Arrived as the last generation of the Movement was failing, and you never got any meaningful information from it while you were a member. Since we are unaware of anything the Movement may have had planned, it's obvious we cannot continue them."

He swivels his chair back and forth as he thinks. "My suggestion is as such. We put off any hasty attempts to decide Policy, or who will become the next Prefect or Myrmidon for now. Instead we work together to accomplish two things. First: determine the history of the Movement here and where they've failed. I am willing to speak with the Harpy on this and if possible get contact information for Mister Pope to ask his opinions, perhaps to find out what his reasons for leaving were. Second: Secure a location for future meetings. Unless someone has Tenancy, I would suggest working together to locate a secure haven in the Barrens as a pro tem headquarters. Does anyone have any complaints, alternative ideas or additions to these plans they'd like to suggest?"
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

NOS
    PRE

Past Response

Once again, the poetic Haunt listened, eyes focused on those speaking, and then, once again, she sat upright.

"I do agree that we shouldn't decide on our Policy, or who fills what position, yet. The way I see it, the old movement is dead and gone, and while the stain of it's passing is still in the Domain, it is time to build anew and provide a fresh face. Learning the lessons the past has to teach is never something to be scoffed at, but let us not forget to look towards the future. We need to show the Domain something that it has not seen before, something that is better, and stronger, and while the past will show us what to do, the blueprints for how to do this will only reside in our minds.

"Now, as to the idea of constructing a base of operations, I likewise agree. However, let me put forth the idea that perhaps we could attempt to gain Tenancy somewhere. Many of the Regencies of the City have no Regent, or overseer, and perhaps four capable Kindred, Loyal to the Domain, could find a space to reside in and guard. Obviously, this is not something that would be easy to accomplish, especially given our, um, affiliations I'll say, but it might be possible. What do you think? Is this just folly or is there some merit to the idea?"
    Brenn asked, brow furrowed in thought.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John didn't really like the words Lance had used to describe the problem, he sounded as if this was John's fault for the lack of communication from the last generation to the next.

dispute what he felt, he still kept his welcoming demeanor, however his tone became more concerned.

"I agree with Lance that we should not be so hasty with out knowing the full picture. However I do think we do need to organize somewhat, for example no one here, aside from myself is actually a confirmed member of the Movement. We should at least have that taken care of if you all plan on contributing to reforming the Movement in Sacramento. Also should more Kindred who are ether interested in the Movement or already apart of the Movement enter the city, who will we send them to, to be come an acknowledged Carthian Member? I feel that we should at least have some sort of representation as well show that we are making some sort of progress in becoming a fully functioning covenant again."

Lance looks to Brenn, his voice deceptively calm. "Miss Lawrence, could you clarify something for me? When you talk about regencies without a Regent and 'four capable Kindred, Loyal to the Domain, finding a space to reside in and guard', are you suggesting that the Movement carve out it's own Domain in Rosemont-Mather or Valencia?"

He had more to say, but this was something he needed an answer for first.
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

NOS
    PRE

Brenn cocked an eyebrow and turned to regard Lance. "Yes I will be glad to clarify. I apologize if my words weren't very clear. When I spoke of 'four capable Kindred, Loyal to the Domain, finding a space to reside in and Guard,' that was referring to the topic of gaining tenancy, NOT carving out a new domain. Why would I possibly suggest carving out another domain, when I spoke of four LOYAL Kindred, Kindred LOYAL to the current Domain, LOYAL to the Prince and his laws, and LOYAL to the interests of the Domain. Currently Rosemont-Mather and Valencia have no regents, so I suppose I was referring to those, but in general I was trying to indicate that there are areas in the Domain that have no guardians, and we have many dangers infesting this city, and that we could perhaps gain a Tenancy if we offered that service. Likely, that is a stupid notion, but ultimately we will need space."

Brenn lowered the eyebrow. "Why did you suggest that, Mr. Rayner? Do you see this as a Movement that would require carving out a new Domain? Because I do not."

Lance smirks at Brenn and mirrors her cocked eyebrow. "I sought clarification actually. The point is moot, the regencies in fact do not lack protectors and guardians, they are the Prince's property. I doubt the Reeve and his deputies ignore them. Furthermore, I seriously doubt that the Prince is willing to hand out regencies to anyone he does not fully trust."

Lance stops and takes a breath to stop himself. "I believe making plans for or dependent on the Movement achieving Regent or Tenancy status is woefully premature at this point and time, considering that we do not have any assets to speak of."

Now he looks to Mclean again. "You are correct, you are the only confirmed member of the Movement. How is that working out for you Mclean?" Lance does not wait for an answer. "Announcing that one leads the covenant of fools is not a way to gain respect for the covenant. There are four of us, we can surely manage to agree on simple things long enough to build a base of support for the Movement. Once we have something to lead, surely then we can decide on how we wish to make use of and manage it? To leap right to a fight to see who can claim the biggest title right out of the gate is putting the cart before the horse in my opinion."

PRE

As Sarah watches the exchange a slight frown forms on her pretty face but for the most part she stays silent in order to simply listen to the views being presented by the other three Kindred and give them the proper consideration. When Lance finishes speaking, the female Succubi takes a moment to arrange her thoughts before speaking on the issues raised by the other three. "While I believe that Brenn's idea has merit, I have to agree with Mr. Rayner that we need to focus more on goals that are within our current abilities. Right now the most pressing problem the Movement faces seems to be a lack of legitimacy caused by mistakes made in the past. While we did not make those mistakes, we still have to deal with the fallout and that means showing the rest of the Domain that the Carthian Movement is capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time before making any major political moves."

She turns in the chair to face John, a pleasant smile on her face. "Mr. McLean I know that you care deeply about the fortunes of this Covenant but you said yourself that there is a perception that many of the problems with the Movement in this city have been the result bad and over ambitious leaders. If that is truly the case then the best course of action is to take our time and build our base, have us work together as a group to lay the foundation for a successful rebirth of the Covenant before choosing our leadership. Allow leadership candidates to emerge rather than just having a Prefect to have a Prefect." Sarah leans forward. "While this will leave us without a quote, unquote leader, it makes each of us responsible for the success of the whole group since there will be no Prefect to lean on to solve all of our problems."

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread