Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"There are ways we can protect ourselves. I'm more worried about the potential of collateral damage"

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.

PRE

"Yeah. We do need to limit it. And as far as I`m concerned, the matches he fixed are part of the issue too."
    he admitted to Winter. After all, that was Philip`s main problem at that time with the whole affair, taking precedence even over the time he had to salvage his work and the discussions back and forth about the center with his will. And that was- collateral damage caused by his crash. Not physical, but records of registrations and the like. But he could also see there was more to this whole thing than his own problems, so he conceded that point to Winter.
    "Let`s just see where this goes. But I still prefer to assume he has allies, even if I don`t know. Expect the unexpected, I say.
    "

spells , effects and gear

(in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"That's good, be prepared and try to anticipate the unknown unknowns. I agree with that", he says, "Let's see what else we can dig on this guy. Does he have a family?"

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.

PRE

Reluctantly, he admitted to Winter some more of the details of his own opinions on Mr. Cartwright from his research:
    "Fine. I`ll tell you. So, from my research he`s single, without much family to speak of. At least from my initial cursory checks. 46, been a coach for 8 years. Had, probably still has, something of a gambling addiction. Or at least problem. Anyway. one year ago he suddenly got lucky. And I mean really lucky. And he`s been keeping up somewhat of a streak of unncanny luck out of nowhere every since it seems, judging from his victories with his soccer team of choice. To me, this could indicate some sort of Awakening around that time. Perhaps caused by other pressures, debt, gambling and so on. So, what do you think about this?"
    He asked him, with a still-apprehensive, but questioning look.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"A streak of luck isn't itself indicative of an Awakening. There are 8 billion people on the planet, the law of large numbers dictates that at least 1 of them will get most coinflips out of 10 right. It's the fact you witnessed him wield magic and blatantly in front of a crowd of Sleepers that is relevant. Tell me more about it. What did he do exactly?", he queries.

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:

PRE

Philip didn`t bother correcting Winter on his reasons for why he thought Mr. Cartwright awakened when he said. It was not just the luck, obviously. But he had no good arguments other than his gut feeling from talking to him, Mr. Cartwright`s rough patch, followed by what seemed like somewhat of a paradigm shift from him. And the timeline of the team`s performance history. But Philip still got straight to the point and answered Winter`s question of evidence directly.

"Anyway. Concretely, when I got my first look at him at the start of the match, I saw he had a vulgar Fate spell in his pattern. I was only able to scrutinize that it was of at least some potency.

And the timeline was severely warped in the arena and in the center. At one point during the game, I got a strong deja-vu feeling, like I was re-living the same moment, and time briefly became even more warped.

The whole thing came to a head, though, when the opposing team was gonna score a goal. But he cast a vulgar Fate spell on the goalie to prevent that and cause him to miraculously save the ball. After this, I wasn`t able to see any more interference during the game. The fate spell in Mr. Cartwright`s pattern mysteriously ended when I talked to- and tried to corner him later that evening as he got into his car. I believed, and still think determining the allegiance of Mr. Cartwright once and for all is paramount, despite our assumptions."

Mostly answering his question. Well, as best he dared.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"I guess it's time we pay Mr. Cartwright a visit, then", he shrugged, on the way he would perform his divinations, just to be sure.

By the sounds of it we want to go to the hospital is that right? and if so are there any plans or precaution you want to make before heading over?

Reuban Brigh

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:

PRE

"Yep."
    he agreed. After all, everything was set as far as Philip was concerned, and meeting Mr. Cartwright ideally while he was vulnerable and recovering seemed a sensible precaution for this rogue willworker. Everything else had been said, although Philip still wasn`t completely sure if Winter was completely in it as much as Philip was, despite his assurances, and the info he`d given him. Nevertheless, Philip satisfied himself that he`d gotten everything he could out of his visit to the Circle, and the second opinions were also certainly appreciated. So he set about finalizing the transactions for his new Ford Focus, completing the purchase and transaction very quickly. He did not want a long list of payments and just wanted this unpleasant situation over with. He just wanted to get everything set up, and go to the hospital Mr. Cartwright was supposedly at, asap.

Alright I'll close this one, and open the new one

Reuban Brigh

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread