(Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal didn't hide the cringe when she asked about the library - in fact, he played it even up a bit. "Yeah about a library. With all the coming and going nobody really established anything like that. We do have an Athenaeum though - it houses two Artefacts, some Abyssal insects and two scientific papers so far." Which really wasn't something to brag about. But better to rip off that band-aid right away. "But hey, at least there's lots of room for improvement."

He could relate with Guardians being jerks. He also knew about shades of grey when it came to those things. Hands went up in surrender. "All right, I'm not one to judge anyway. There just have been some situations here were careless words- ah, forget it. Again, I'm not trying to poison your well or anything. You know us Mages love to jump down anyone's throat for the slightest misstep and despite the small population Sacramento isn't really different in that regard." He should really try and change the topic there - it seems there were a few unresolved grievances in him that this newcomer really didn't need to learn about.

If Crystal noticed the barb he didn't show it. There was just a slight confusion about the question in his voice. "Uh, I guess sporty and functional? The way an Arrow dresses on their off-day, I'd say." He shrugged. "And the Circle probably is the best place for you to train - there are no other spaces dedicated to the Supernal as far as I know."
    Now dangers? This one was quickly summarized. "There has been a pretty big war with the Seers a while ago - I think Phoenyx is the only one who has been around for that one. It did a number on the Awakened here, but apparently the Seers have been driven out fully. Since then there hasn't been anything notably dangerous." It hasn't been his fight, he only remembered the pain and gravity in Aurora's voice when she told him, so he tried to be as respectful as possible. Which also meant not adding any details he didn't know. "That's all I got on this, sorry. There also aren't any Cabals or big political players around." Yet. "So yeah, lots of time to just hang out and improve, or whatever floats your boat. Speaking of: how do you like to spend your free time?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

2. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle's enthusiasm flickers just briefly as Crystal mentions the notable lack of library in the Mysterium...but at the mention of the Athenaeum and its contents, it's back again. Particularly at the mention of Artifacts. "No way! That's kind of why I wanted to join the Mysterium!" She briefly twists a ring iu on her index finger, seemingly mundane enough except for the onyx stone at its apex, seemingly gripped in silver talons. "So, is there still a requirement for a donation to join? Because I may have one or may not; I've just gotten attached to it over the years."

She nods in response to Crystal's apologetic gesture. She knew firsthand how testy Mages could be; she'd seen enough of it in herself. Felt the hellish hubris that came when the knowledge of the universe made you think that people played second fiddle to intellectual advancement. Her face scrunches up in a grimace of discomfort. "Yeah, power makes you cranky. Been there, done that, got the sports bra."

"I figured there wouldn't be too much outside the Circle, especially in community this loosey goosey." Oh well, more abandoned clock towers for me! Crystal mentions the war with the Seers and she sobers up immediately. "Oh shit! Really?" ​She briefly slumps forward in her chair, takes another sip of water like it was liquid courage. "Well seeing as how the city isn't a smoldering crater, I'd say you guys made it out okay." She looks up to Crystal, a brief flash of regret at her making light of such a serious matter. "Sorry, it's just...I've heard of individual Mages going power-hungry, or even Cabals wanting to bite off more than they can chew. But the Seers are huge." There's an ever-so-brief infernal anger that radiates off of her. "I'm glad they're gone from here. They don't deserve an inch of ground in our world."

The anger fades and the bright, flashy smile returns. "But yeah, It'll be nice to have some not-saving-the-world free time. Preferably anywhere with drinks, flashing lights, and dance music." She'd done a bit of research on the way to Sacramento, plenty of places to look with that description. "But that comes after study of course. All play, no work makes Belle a bit crazy." She swirls her finger around her ear. "I'm kind of what you might call a playaholic: if I'm not grounded in work in some way, I'll just spiral off into having fun all the time."

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal's eyes darted to the ring for a second and then back to Belle's eyes. "Because of the.. treasure hunting?" He could only shrug at her question about the cost of joining the Order. Guru had brought them something, but it didn't exactly seem like a requirement here. "I'm gonna be honest with you: I don't think things are going to be handled with much formality for a while, so we won't be asking for anything to join. I mean, you said you've been working with the Mysterium before, so that'd be kinda redundant." The corner of Crystal's mouth got tugged up slightly. "Is that thing magical?"

Another shrug at her apology. "Yeah I don't know. Apparently there has been some corrective fuckery with Time, so maybe there has been a crater in another timeline." Wasn't Magic fun? "But you're right and it's the result that counts. I don't think there are many Awakened left who've experienced that first hand, and the people I've talked with weren't that keen on giving me many details, so the whole story will probably be lost to the ebb and flow soon." Which was a pity really - but as long as they were safe now it was a pill he could swallow. Even though he wasn't the most empathic guy, the Warlock took note of Belle's temperament that flashed up every now and then. Interesting.

"All right, now you're speaking my language! Playing just so happens to be my forte and there are some pretty chill persons to kick back once in a while. So it seems like you've come to the right place after all." Did he have a problem with spiraling into fun, with losing his footing? Maybe, yeah. Must be a Mastigos thing. Having something in common with newcomers was certainly a plus in Crystal's book.

5. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle matches Crystal's eyebrow with her own, mischievously glancing at him. "Sure, artifacts and secrets aren't gonna turn up on Facebook lists. You've got to go find them. Ergo, treasure hunting." Sometimes it was exciting, sometimes it was just following the right rumors to the right dark alley. Either way, if she was lucky and well-informed, treasure ensued. She flexes the ring more openly now that Crystal's interest was peaked. "Yeah, it's an Artifact. My dad and I found it on our first hunt together. I've kept it with me ever since." A memento of happier times. "It's got some Prime magic in it that makes spells harder to hit me. Haven't really thought of a name for it yet though..." She looks at Crystal with a spark of creative joy in her eye. "Maybe I'll find it here?"

She nods silently in agreement to Crystal's brief rundown of the past war: what mattered was that the badguys were gone, the city was safe, and so far it sounded like nobody went mad in the process. But the conversation turns to playtime, and Belle's smile broadens. "Well then, got any recommendations? I'm thinking I'd like to meet some more Mages and Mysterium peeps first..." Maybe get a look at those Abyssal bugs "And then it's off to see the sights, drink the drinks, and get to know places." And the more places she knew, the more Space shenanigans she could pull off. A little work/fun balance, if only superficial.
    Artifact

7. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh yeah, so she definitely took that stuff seriously. Well, maybe that's just what this rag-tag group of Mystagogues needed. "But if they don't turn up on social media, how do you go on about finding leads? I mean, I haven't heard of any Magic items being found the last year." Then again this ring proved that whatever she did, it worked. Crystal nodded appreciatively, just because she seemed really pumped about that ring and he was a gentleman. "I'm sure you'll find many illustrious personalities who'd be happy to suggest something." He wasn't in the mood for forced wordplay, but he smiled encouragingly anyway.

The Warlock spread his arms when he was asked about suggestions. "Well, in my humble opinion there are good spots pretty much anywhere in this city - depends on your tastes, really. But at first I'd suggest you visit the Circle of Creation - the de facto meeting point of all the Awakened. There's someone there pretty much any time. I'll be putting out an invitation for an Order meeting soon - then you can decide on whom you want to take on your tour of the city's nightlife."

The bottom line was: he was crushing this whole 'welcome the newbies' thing. He leaned back a bit and tapped a fast rhythm on his knee. "Anything else I can help you with?"

9. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

"A little bit of creative Scrying, research, black market connections, and way too many back alleys..." Belle shakes her head, the past decade a blur of escapades; some mundane, others extraordinary. "Ultimately it depends on where you're looking. But who knows? Maybe some leads will turn up here in the city. Big city equals big crowds of people equals big secrets." Crystal's encouragement at naming the ring draws a mischievous grin. "Maybe I'll run a poll at the next Consilium and see what gets voted?"

Business before leisure, as always. "With a name like that, Mage HQ has GOT to look awesome! I'll certainly look forward to getting into the Mysterium and getting my hands dirty." Belle could almost taste the excitement, like blood in her mouth. "I'm sure if the rest of the gang is half as nice as you, we'll be getting along swimmingly." And if they're half as good-looking as you, Mr. Mastigos... Belle wasn't shallow by any means, but there was something in her that enjoyed being around attractive people. If only to see the looks on their faces when she refused to bow to them.

"I think that covers all of my questions." She stands up from her chair, her glass empty but her spirits full and bursting. ​"Thanks again for meeting with me, Crystal. I look forward to getting to know you and the rest of the city better."

I'm ready to close out if you are. Thanks for a fun introductory Scene!
    Artifact

11. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Huh, so that also told Crystal that Belle was more than willing to use her gifts generously. Which was no problem per se.. he just wasn't really sure how he felt about those people. Kaze was one of those, and Kaze ruled. "Oh well, I wish you the best of luck once you do get decide to get going. I could think of a few people who'd be interested to join you once in a while. Corn, for instance." But she'll just have to see at one of the following meetings.

He shrugged when his guest gushed over the name. "It's a church or something, I'm not all that into architecture. I mean, there are worse places to get together, but on the other hands it's almost a bit cliché." Although people like Guru did their best to go against that grain. Shit, he apparently really liked this city after all. His smile grew even brighter when she called him nice. "Eh, you flatter me. But yeah, I think I won't be taking up any more of your time. I'll shoot you a text once our 'book club'" he actually winked dramatically "will meet again. Until then have fun exploring Sacramento in all its glory!"

Thanks for the scene - leaving this open for a day or two in case you want to have a last post.

13. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread