Ended
Watch
51 - 59
DISPLAYED
(Fugitive) Corner of Murtaugh and Riggs

Feb 27, 2019 : (Fugitive) Wrong Place, Wrong Time
(Fugitive) Script Rewriting
Feb 14, 2019 - Feb 27, 2019
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
    M
    Matrixchild

Please roll Wits + Comp

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The Guardian reads the man on the other side.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-25 11:43:57 Winter rolls 6 to Wit + Comp (10 Again) 9, 8, 6, 1, 10, 5, 7 3 successes
    Stats

M
    Matrixchild

Winter spoke and Yancey watched him closely. The man was...intimidating to say the least. "I just find this all very strange. You show up right as all the craziness is going down, then say you think the guy looks familiar. It's just...strange. But I promise you this, we're going to find this guy one way or another. So it'll be in your best interest to just tell us who he is."

But as he watched intently he noticed that Yancey's eyes drifted to a space behind Winter. Out of the corner of his eye he was able to spot that the Agent behind him was approaching him with a hand full of sand.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-25 15:24:52 Someone rolls 4 to do something insignificant (10 Again) 6, 1, 4, 8 1 success

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He didn't have much time to delve on the casual threats the Agent was levying at him, because from Yancey's wandering gaze and the reflection over the glass on the table, he could tell somebody was coming, carrying something. An ambush? Unlikely, there were other people, civilians, in the cafe'. Now this cop was being annoyingly dense, what's funny is that he didn't even have to lie. Testament to the power of knowing your associates just by their shadow names, "The fuck I would know. You're the one paid to know stuff. It's not like I know the name and addresses of every single person I see on the streets. He lives in the area, assuming it's the same person. It's not like you're providing me something I could identify him with"

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-26 10:49:00 Winter rolls 6 to Perception (10 Again) 4, 9, 3, 3, 1, 10, 9 3 successes
    Stats

M
    Matrixchild

Winter saw the agent coming but he stopped, standing right behind him.

Yancey focused his attention on Winter, clearly taking the moment to think. From his perspective the interrogation wasn't going anywhere. "You want something to go on? How about this: the man who was here, that you said you recognized...we believe he's connected to the recent apartment explosion. Now the reason he came here today, we're not sure, but right now he's at a minimum a party with the two suspects we know caused the explosion which killed several people, and that makes him just as dangerous. If you know him, or the suspects involved in the explosion, then it'd be best to point us to him now before we start considering you a suspect."

Just then the agent behind him coughed, the sand in his hand blowing towards Winter.

You can try and dodge the sand if you'd like, but I mean you're basically trying to dodge every grain a sand. I'd say it's essentially a chance roll if you want to try.

Edit: you can roll (Dex+Ath+Armor)-5 to dodge.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

The Wind of Luck doesn't seem to blow his way today. Dust, everywhere, even in his eyes. "Really", he says springing up from his seat, dusting his jacket and suppressing his cough, "is this how you treat your witnesses? Threats and... what the hell is this anyway. Anthrax?", playing on the terrorist trope.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-26 15:09:20 Winter rolls 2 to Avoiding Sand (10 Again) 2, 4 failure
    Stats

M
    Matrixchild

Yancey followed the mood and stood up. "What the hell, Johnson? Why are you coughing all over the witness?"

The Agent reached over and grabbed a napkin. "I'm sorry sir, I was trying to cover my cough but I must of had some sugar from a pastry on my hands." He turned to look to Winter and said, "I'm sorry sir." He did not look very remorseful.

Yancey paused for a moment and said, "I'm sorry about my agent. Here," he said, pulling a card out of his pocket, "you now know how serious this all is, so contact us if you think of anything in relation to the man you saw today." The implication was clear, Winter was free to go.

Let's simplify this whole thing. Winter knows the dust thing was weird, but doesn't know what Shodan knows yet about the sand. Roll an extended Wits+Com+combat awareness. If you get 5 success in total I'll say you figure out they can tail you even without sight, you lose them, get outside the detection range till the 24 hour period expires and they lose your trail completely.

EDIT: With Occultation and incognito presence I'll make it 3 successes

Of course you can certainly do anything else that you want if you're not ready to leave yet.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Now he could breathe. The Guardian thought relaxing his posture, pulling a cigarette out of his pocket and leaning with his back against the brick wall of the humid alley. He took a drag. Two black cars had stopped in the driveway, and two agents were now staring at each other, angrily scanning the crowd of commuters leaving the station. No matter how many tricks he had lifted straight from his arsenal of subterfuge tactics, moving from angle to angle like a shadow, changing his direction more than once or merely avoiding security cameras. No matter how much he had upped his game, an FBI car or a suit would always be there, waiting for him. At last, the largest crowd he could imagine did the trick.
    That prompted some self-reflection. Did he lose his edge in the halls of mirrors? To be fair, Yancey's fury had taken him by surprise, but it couldn't be it. No, those people were professionals, and even though they lacked the finesse and the numbers he was used to employing in the Agency, they could still mount an effective surveillance. Yet, they had their limits, the Obrimos thought, that was the entire nature of the cloak and dagger business.
    Ruled out the impossible, the only thing that remains is the truth. He had been bugged, no doubt. Was it the tea? Yancey's card? Something they had slipped in his pockets? The Guardian checked his trousers, but found nothing.
    The dust, maybe? That would be a good trick, even though far too advanced for the FBI's usual standards.
    He took another drag. Nevertheless, he had a name and a number, Yancey's.
    He didn't buy Yancey's shtick and he was sure the Agent hadn't bought his. After all, the fact he had evaded his men would instantly alert the FBI chief that he had been dealing with no ordinary citizen. Yancey was a liar, yet, despite this, he had given away his hand. There were two things he knew though.

One, Yancey didn't trust him, and that was good, they'd be watching their steps all the time.
    And two, the FBI still hadn't found out about the identity of their quarry, they thought he was Shodan.
    Err... make it three, the Guardian brushes his thumb against the card. Yancey was an idiot, he broke rule no. 1. Know about sympathetic casting.

Now he had to disappear, just for a couple of days, enough to lose their tracks. Certainly, he didn't want to risk the Circle or put the target on anybody else.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-26 15:45:40 [01] Winter rolls 8 to Breaking the Chase (10 Again) 10, 2, 5, 2, 1, 3, 6, 4, 4 1 success
      4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-26 15:45:40 [02] Winter rolls 8 to Breaking the Chase (10 Again) 1, 9, 4, 8, 4, 1, 8, 8 4 successes

M
    Matrixchild

Twice in one day the Agents had lost a suspect, but every bit of new information helped their investigation in one way or another. Yancey sat at the table in the cafe sipping a cup of tea as he looked at photos of his two newest suspects.

End of Scene. Great job both of you, you have both escaped the Agents and they are not aware of your current location. If you two want to meet up to discuss you can or you can wait to meet up with the other three. Great scene Winter and Shodan

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.