Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Fall of Kings and Leaves

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    L

Rick's jaw tightens as he listens to the fool rant, twisting his words in a manner that would make any Gentry proud. All but calling the young Airtouched an aspiring tyrant. A tyrant, had he wished he could have quite simply declared that he was going to take the Autumn Crown. Terri would not have contested it, no one else could claim it. Instead he had called a meeting and announced his desire to wear it, even invited open discussion on the matter. Those were the actions of a tyrant?

Patrick had claimed Rick was ignoring his concerns when all the fool had done was restate what had happened in the past? Then lambasted him for mentioning his widespread support in the Freehold to allay the concerns raised by Sweet Tooth. Were the concerns that he was apparently supposed to divine from the author's mind of utmost importance while he was supposed to ignore all others? He didn't even bother to disguise the anger or indignation inspired by the twisted rant, letting it show clearly in his eyes. And his mantle keyed off those emotions; storm winds raging inside the room, bands of cold lightning twisting through the air in rippling arcs, transient hailstones clattering to the floor. All as the man he'd once considered to be the leading candidate to be the Leaden Mirror's Lord Scrivener storm from the room. But he didn't make a move to stop him.

He had not the patience to suffer blind, self-righteous fools.

"I did not demand, I announced my intentions and invited input on the matter of succesion." His voice was tight, obviously not pleased with Patrick's outburst and offended at his conclusions. "I would also recommend that we get this done sooner rather than later. But," he glanced towards the other remaining courtiers, "Would you rather continue now or at a later date?"

"And Mr. Bates,"
    his voice notably softened as he said those three words, "Never feel as though your opinion shouldn't matter or that you have to suffer in silence. You're a member of this Freehold just like any of the rest of us."

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Almost he stood up and reached out with his arm while shouting something, almost. It's almost because Wyatt had no idea what to say. He didn't want Patrick to leave. If people starting leaving this wouldn't be a 'meeting' anymore. He listened to Sweet Tooth's words. Some sounded true, yet Wyatt didn't have the guts to complain about anything, he was just too new.

The young changeling leans back from Rick, trying to get out of the way of his mantle, though the whole room was filled. Patrick's room. As Rick looks at them all again, Wyatt clears his throat. 'I'd say we continue now. It is sad mister Donovan has left us now, but the situation won't change, at least, that's what is looks like for the near future. So there is no reason for delay.'
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John sighed as Patrick fled from the room crying tyrant. It was strange. He found some strange sense of comfort in the conflict reaching it's inevitable climax, even as he was caught in the maelstrom of Ricks mantel. It was familiar, like every other meeting he had been to long before his feet touched the ground of Sacramento. Still, Patrick's actions only cemented the Manikins opinion on the Darkling. "I think we should continue." He said as he drained his glass of whiskey and placed it on one of the coasters on the desk. "There is still much to discuss, even if he refuses to take part."

L

Rick nodded once. The movement curt, with Patrick's tantrum still so recent. "Then follow us to Treetop Fashions. I do, of course, urge all to attend." With that he rose from his chair, leaving the mostly untouched glass of whiskey on the table, and the winds of his mantle swept through the door and out of the house along with him.

Continued Here...

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Wyatt raises from the couch. 'Okay, good idea. I'll be right there.' He nods, but then takes some glasses and brings them back to the kitchen. Leaving this mess here would be rude.

And there he smells the lovely aroma of salami, mozzarella and tomato's. Now the autumn storm had left the house, he starts to get a little hungry 'I just...' He looks to the door outside, then to the pizza's 'leave the pizza's for what they are.' Fuck this shit.

Wyatt is a bit disoriented, but he quickly gets his jacket and hurries over to his car, to follow Rick and Terri to Treetop Fashions.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Terri Exits

S
    Smoo

“Wow,” said Sweet Tooth raising his arm slightly and watching small sparks of electricity from Rick’s mantle earth themselves out between his arm and his chair. The clown ran his tongue along his lips from one side to the other and looked at John. “You can taste the emotions in the air ... its invigorating. If this is what it’s always like around here then Sweet Tooth is hanging around. Sweet Tooth like’s it here.”

“PATRICK IF YOU NEED TO TALK Sweet Tooth IS TAKING A ROOM AT THE FOUR SEASONS,” he called out as he followed the scent of pizza to the kitchen. “AND Sweet Tooth IS TAKNG SOME PIZZA.” Waste not, want not.

Tipping an imaginary hat to Mr Bates the clown makes his way to the front door chuckling quietly to himself. Unanswered questions still hung in the air and he hated leaving things unfinished.

Sweet Tooth exits

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John nodded to Rick as he pulled his phone out and dialed for the Taxi service. He was surprised to hear that the last cab he took was not that far off and would pick him up in a minute or two. We barely even started... Shaking his head, he followed the rest of the lost out of the door and towards Treetop Fashions. Hopefully there will be real progress made there.

John Exits, Stage Left

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.