Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
We Are Not Alone

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

(( Continued from here ))

After the others filtered out of the room, Asa turned to Rahyna.

"I asked you and Erika to stay because there's something else we need to talk about, which is extremely sensitive. Apparently we have some 'willworkers' in the city, which are akin to magicians, or wizards. We're outclassed against Bethem -- the question is, can these 'willworkers' help us?" Asa explained, filling in the Seneschal.

"I know that one of them knew about Davis, but little else. Obviously further exposure is a concern," he elaborated.

Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Rahyna looked quizically at Asa "I am sorry sir but I have no idea what these willworkers are." she looks at Erika to see if she knew what these people were "You say that they use magic well if that is the case are we sure they are trustworthy I mean they will not turn this against us will they?" Rahyna considers this a moment longer and then decides that study is in order on her part to find out more about these people "I am willing to listen to what you have to say and try to understand this group of people, I do however think that discrestion is of the utmost importance at this point we are still quite unsure as to whom we can trust and whom we can not."

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

Erika shrugs politely, and watches the other two with her usual scrutiny. "They aren't any less trustworthy than the throng of people in the city. From what I understand, if one of their own is in danger, they'll come together just as we have, even if it's against one of us."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I agree completely," Asa told Rahyna. "I have no idea what to expect of them -- the only thing I know, is that we can't handle Bethem. If these willworkers can be bargained with, perhaps they may be of some use to us. Again, though, I don't know."

Asa drummed his fingers on the table, aware that this was his first significant decision as Prince. "Exposure is dangerous, but possibly a controllable risk. Letting Bethem continue to poach on us, is simply measuring time for each of us."

"What I am considering is meeting with the willworker that I know of, and seeing what comes of it; first, if they can help, and secondly, what it will cost," he said. "Erika has said she also can make contact."

"If you can think of something, anything, we can do to stop Bethem, we'll try it," he told Rahyna. "Right now, I fear that even if we locate him, he's simply too powerful for us. We could wait to see if we can locate his Haven, and use our Kine resources to strike at him during the day, of course, but how many more will fall during that time? And, if we're unsuccessful, we will have lost the element of surprise. Right now, our only advantage is that we know who he is -- and he doesn't know that we know."

Asa gave the Seneschal a speculative look, curious to see if she had a better option. What they were discussing, under other circumstances, was nearly unthinkable; one of the reasons that only the three of them were in the room.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Rahyna gives Asa a considering look and then starts to pace slightly around the room trying to help herself think as she spoke out loud but more to herself then to any one in particular even though it sounded as though she was some times when sorting thoughts it helped to pretend they were directed at someone "I think Prince Asa that this is risky business to say the least I do however believe you are correct in the assumption that we can not take down Bethem down on our own and that we do need to get aid where we can I do not think it wise for you to personally take on the task of meeting with these what did you call them willworkers however you should delegate that we do not need another change in the Prince's title." Rahyna stops and looks from Asa to Erika she had been thinking out loud and could not think of a better idea then the one presented to them "I do believe that waiting to find Bethem's heaven is even risky then bringing in others but this breech will need to be orchestrated carefully and only divulged to those who need to know I personally will be doing some of my own studying into these willworkers and find out as much as I can about this endeavor." as her thoughts spilled into the air she kept up a steady pace around the room.

Turning to Asa "Where would you want to be holding these meetings with these magic users Prince Clarke on our ground or theirs?"

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

"I would suggest that we hold them on our territory. It is unlikely that they will try much if it's in one of our public venues, within our claim to Sacramento."

Erika watches the reactions to that, and waits quietly, her eyes calming considerably from the outrage that had inflamed them earlier in the evening. "Unfortunately, it is not particularly a breach. Several of them, at least, already know we are here, and have known some of us as what we are for quite some time."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You have a very valid point," Asa agreed with Rahyna.

"It's an odd situation, and Erika is correct. The willworker I met, knows what I am, and what Davis was; he also knows that I own the Avalon. That is, however, all he knows about me. If I did not take the meeting, it almost automatically assigns importance to me, by default." Asa rubbed the bridge of his nose, thinking.

Even if he was right, Rahyna was also right. That didn't even account for what Ishani would think of it. Asa thought about his earlier conversation with Rahyna, and what he had said about not being used to having extra hands... was he doing it again?

"Even so," he said, "you're right. It should be delegated. This willworker already knows the Avalon is mine, and shouldn't object to meeting there. That leaves a question of who can be trusted to handle both the knowledge, and negotiations," Asa concluded, looking to the women for suggestions. Or a volunteer.

Rahyna looks at Asa and smiles maybe he finally realized just how much the city would loose if something happened to him "Well I would like to suggest our very own Harpy Brady she seems to be quite the observer and she has shown just this evening that she can hold her own when needed plus she seems to already have some knowledge of what to expect or at least I believe she does by her lack of surprise at your statement. I would volunteer myself but have no idea what to expect from such a person and would not want to say or do the wrong thing with them present."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Sounds like a good idea," Asa said, looking at Erika with a questioning look. "Whatever you learn at the first meeting, might be useful in the second."

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

Erika smiles across the room, although it's a cold smile, with almost no emotion behind it. "Well then, I suppose this is as good a time as any to bring up that I've already had meetings. Two willworkers, although not from the city, I believe, helped fund the store I now own."

Erika crosses one leg over the other, getting slightly more comfortable. "I would be willing to take these meetings, if there are no other candidates.'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread