Every night of his young unlife Jayant Nagaraj has practised his yoga within the first hour after he wakens as a way of composing his mind and stilling the Beast inside. Now, at the culmination, Jayant sits in the lotus position, his legs crossed so his feet rest easily on the inside of his thighs.

On the mat in front of him lays his Kukri blade, also at peace.

Even now, seven years following his Embrace, Jayant still forgets that his lungs no longer work naturally and smirks at thought of his childhood yoga instructor telling him to "breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth."

Focus he thinks and begins to chant the words instilled in him by his Sire, the words that showed him what his vampiric existence would be until Final Death befalls him.

I am nothing but a servant.
The Circle is my Mother.
I am Her guardian and Her servant.
I am but an extension of Her hand.
Nothing else matters.
Nothing.

Taking his knife, Jayant opens two cuts on his left palm; one for the Mother and one for the Kukri. He sheathes his knife before standing, ready to face the night ahead.

Jayant Nagaraj performs this ritual every night in the first hour of wakening and has done ever since his Embrace, seven years before.