From the Circle's tower, West could almost imagine he could see to Arden Arcade, and Ankh's home he had shared. She had never asked him to leave, probably to let him use the powerful Hallow that sprang from the cultivated gardens and paths like rose attar; still, he had.

The room he occupied now was smaller in it's entirety than their... her... dining room. Still, empty was... empty.

He ran a hand over his chin, feeling the unshaven hair, and then stretched, wincing at the pain even as he invoked it like a prayer.

Kneeling, he began a true invocation, summoning power from his Watchtower with an old tradition.

"Guardians of the East, Powers of Air; you who are thought and the wind upon my face. Archangel Raphael, I call upon and invite your presence to witness this rite.

Guardians of the South, Powers of Fire, you who are passion and the hearth. Archangel Michael, I call upon and invite your presence to witness this rite.

Guardians of the West, Powers of Water, you who are emotions and pure love. Archangel Gabriel, I call upon and invite your presence to witness this rite.

Guardians of the North, Powers of Earth, you who are the stabilizer and nurturer. Archangel Uriel, I call upon and invite your presence to witness this rite."

It was not his favored, Taoist, tradition, but the long-honored avatars came like a mantra, helping him clear his thoughts as he wove the Ban into existence to protect him for his journey.

That done, West laid down, closing his eyes and parting the Veils of the Realms Invisible to enter the Temenos.

[banner]west[/banner]