Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Debriefing

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus nods briefly at Tug before coming to his own decision. It doesn't matter how much it hurt when she left, I can't keep running from my own duties to the Consilium.

His gaze flicks first to Ash. "Ash, I know serving as Councilor was no easy thing for you, but the Consilium still has need of your services. Do you think you can fill the role of Herald?"

Then he turns o regard Tug, emotion welling up within him. "Ankh's gone; the Thyrsoi have no voice on Council. I need you to be that voice." The simple act of replacement drives home the finality of what had happened, and the Hierarch chokes up, barely managing to hold back tears.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West doesn't react as his former lover is brought up; if anything, his face becomes even more blank and he looks like someone with his attention wholly elsewhere, giving Ankh's name no more weight or significance than a falling leaf. He waits quietly for the Moros and Thyrsus to answer, as much a part of the background now as a linden wrapped around an oak.
    Nimbus

PRE

Tug's not great at reading people, but Animus looks like he's taking Ankh's departure a lot harder than West is. But that's just how the boss is, Tug figures, and doesn't worry about it. He really is sorry to see what the Hierarch is going through, though, as another cabal falls apart on him. The news of Ankh's departure had been so unexpected and sudden, he hadn't considered that he'd have to fill her role, but it made the most sense from who was left. "Sure, Animus. I'll represent the Shamans." He wondered if Ash would take the position of Herald; the man wasn't enthused by politics as far as Tug could tell, or much of anything, other than his crap car. Could be good to have a level head in the spot.

Darren Nash

PRE

Its almost like someone has kicked Ash in the testicles. He chokes and coughs at the very thought.

"You're kidding, right? Seriously, no offence, but I'm a fucking loser," he puts bluntly. "A loser that fell asleep at the last Consilium meeting and stepped down from being the Moros Councilor. A bloke like me has no right with any title. You'd be safer giving it to a trained monkey; hell, drag a monkey straight from the jungle and make him Herald and you'll get a better candidate."

Ash looks from Animus to West to Tug and back to Animus, hoping to find anything divine that would save his hide from this yet again.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus shivers at the waves of self-deprecation, momentarily stunned. Why do I feel like It's myself I'm looking at, but through a funhouse mirror? Finally he shakes his head. "No. No one is that worthless, least of all you. We've been through hell together, I've seen your resilience, your dependability. And that's exactly what we need right now."

The Thyrsus' voice softens, to an almost consolin ttone. "Please, Ash, don't hide from yourself behind perceived inferiority. Trust me, it doesn't work."

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash shakes his head, slowly. "I'm sorry, Animus, but I can't." He has nothing else to add.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus nods sadly, seeing clearly that nothing short of forcing the Moros was going to get him to agree. We all have to make sacrifices. But it's not my place to force him into one, any more than I could have chosen to throw away Tug's life for a chance to stop the Banishers.

"In that case, we all have work to do. But Ash, whatever happens, don't undervalue yourself." And with that, the newest Arrow heads out to walk the grounds. He had his own thinking to do.

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash turns to West and Tug, shrugging.

"I'll go work on my car, grab me if there's anything need doing."

He heads off unless stopped.

PRE

Tug isn't that surprised at Ash's refusal, though he is by the Arrow calling himself a loser. I mean, they're warrior wizards. What part of that doesn't kick ass? He had just thought the Moros' self-deprecation was an odd kind of humor before, but this seemed to be some kind of funk. Maybe it had something to do with whatever the Kruegan's spirit took from him. The new First Talon decides that he ought to find some time to hang out with the guy, and more, that it'd probably be a good idea for him to hang with Joshua, now that the other Moros was back in town. They get Aurum in on it, and...Tug tries not to laugh at the idea of a Moros party with the three of them. "Right," he nods to the retreating mages. "Let me know if you need us to provide security while you two are in the Primal Unconscious, West. Otherwise, I'll stick close to the Hierarch and the Bridge crew 'til this thing is finished." He waits to be dismissed.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Hang on Ash, if you don't have anything going on right now, then there's no sense in putting things off...," West says as the Moros begins to depart.

Turning back to Tug, he gives a slight shake of his head.

"We'll be fine, see about getting the Talons in order."

A pause.

"And tell the other First, Morris, y'all need to split them up, or figure something out."
    Nimbus

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread