(1006) Consilium IV

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 27 of 31 First ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Last

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Right... at home. That's why I missed it," West replied blandly. He turns as directed, but not before giving Ankh a sidelong look at the obvious change of topic.

And she says I'm not communicative?

He watched Henry and Animus talking, watching Animus' face more than the Epopt's. From everything he'd seen, Henry was much more subtle and would probably soon realize that Animus was not.

After a moment, he slipped an arm around Ankh to let her know he wasn't mad, or giving her the silent treatment.
    Nimbus

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Of course, Jordan stops Ruby first, so she invites him to walk with her. "I would like that very much Jordan, let's meet at eleven thirty if that's best. Will you be hosting?"

PRE

Noticing that the Councilors have broken up to mingle, Jack finishes a flow chart for yet another program before flipping the notepad closed and stowing it back in his cargo pocket. He then stands and waits for Animus to finish talking with Henry.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

A hint of a smile plays across Animus' lips. "An inexperienced thearch once took a similar tone with the Curator. It didn't turn out well for him." He chuckles slightly. "Then again, maybe it did. But no, I'm afraid you don't have much choice in the matter." It's been, what, a year, eighteen months? And in that time I've gone from wanting nothing to do with politics to being at the center of everything.

Of course, Jordan stops Ruby first, so she invites him to walk with her. "I would like that very much Jordan, let's meet at eleven thirty if that's best. Will you be hosting?"
    "Eleven-thirty it is. Here's my address. See you then." He produced a Russian leather cardcase from a trouser pocket and gave her a card.

Courteously taking his leave, he turned and took a couple of extra steps.

"Yo, Jack. Got a sec?"

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh watches the interaction between Henry and Animus and stiffens at Animus' body language.

She looks at West, frowning. Is there something she is missing? Something she was supposed to do? Did he not want her taking the position?

She didn't even think to ask him about it since he'd accepted her Provost position. But maybe she should have talked to him about it too before just telling Animus yes.

"You don't mind me being on the Council do you?" She asks quietly.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry's eye twitches, once. Spoken like a true politician. Just enough spine not to leave me the choice, not enough balls to not actually make it an order. No, that wasn't right. He has the guts to make it an order. So why didn't he?

The gears turn a few more seconds as Henry considers exactly what he would do with this 'opportunity'. Finally, it occurred to him. It all fit. He almost smiles. Almost. But this is too dangerous a game to be spoiled by a twitch of the lips. Instead, he twists his lips in what looks like an expression of distaste.

"Who would I be to defy orders from the new Hierarch?", he says with a shrug, making it clear what he thinks of Animus's way of speaking (or at least, as clear as anything every is with him). "The Council's will be done." As he says it, he spreads his hands to either side ever so slightly, bowing his head.

It wasn't a question of obeying orders or not. Not to Henry anyway. It was a question of reading the man right. I turned a collar into a leash once before. Can I do it again?

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne takes the necessary steps to talk to Tug then a half step more. Jusssttt close enough to be invading personal space but not enough to be overtly rude.

"Yes?" She asks with a playful smile.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus tries not to show it, but Henry's words sting just a little. Sure, they needed Henry there, but to give him no say ... no matter, it was done. "Thank you, Henry. I'm glad to hear it." He waits a moment longer to see if the new Provost has anything else to say. If not, Animus will depart.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Did I miscalculate? Is he being honest, or just staying the course? Is that surprise that just crossed his eyes? Surprise that I'd do it? Unimportant. If he's staying the course, I have to, too. The game of maneuvering and second-guessing had just become a game of chicken. "It's my pleasure, Hierarch," the Guardian answers, his voice sounding honest. Even he wasn't sure how he managed that one. "You know how to reach me if you need me." Which, in and of itself, made Henry nervous. So many people knew how to reach him now, and he had a feeling it would only get worse. Heh, does it ever get better? The voice in his head didn't answer.

Page 27 of 31 First ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Last
Closed Thread