Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Memories on Paper

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Simon Oita had cleaned his sparse apartment, shuffling easels and canvas into a corner and clearing the table of its paints and supplies. He leaves out a few sketch pads of varying sizes and set of pencils. Then he sets on a pot of coffee and waits for Terri to arrive.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri rushes from the Four Seasons to Simon's address, looking more than a little harried and feeling more than a little useless with war on the verge of breaking out across the freehold.

Sam, you idiot, is all she can think as she presses the buzzer to get in to Simon's apartment.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Simon buzzes her in and is standing in his open doorway when she arrives at his apartment.

For an Artist's workshop it is nearly completely devoid of decoration. Seeming almost barracks-like in its presentation. Besides a bed and a small kitchenette there is a curtained off bathroom and shower, a table, and a small sofa and chair facing a television set.

"Come on in," Simon says, stepping inside, "Would you like a cup of coffee?"

As he offers refreshment he turns to look at her and gets his first glimpse of her harried expression "Is everything alright?" he asks.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri tries a smile as she enters but its obvious her mind is elsewhere.

"Yeah, thanks. A coffee would be awesome about now. Sorry," she says with a sigh, "it seems the shit has not only hit the fan but broken it completely." Terri looks straight into the eyes. "The Summer Sovereign has declared war on Spring and Winter."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

Simon goes about pouring two cups off coffee, but stops mid-pour as he realizes what Terri's just said. After it sinks in he resumes preparing the drinks as a scowl crosses his face. "That's just stupid. Our enemy is the Gentry. We're only weaker when the Seasons don't stand together."

He brings the coffee over, laying it on the table and bringing out some cream and sugar, now beginning with the questions "How has this happened? Man, am I out of the loop. Where does Autumn stand on all this?"

Description

PRE

Terri accepts the coffee graciously and drops two sugars in before adding a dash of cream. "I'm not sure of the details. I met HAL at the Four Seasons where he, Queen White and Lady Byeli were having a meeting to discuss matters. Rick is there along with Nightfall. From what I understand, Sam ignored Alice's orders to quit fighting. Where we stand in this mess is unsure; HAL sent me here to get this image onto paper for the good of the freehold." The last part of the sentence is said with an uplifting, almost sarcastic, tone and she chuckles, shaking her head.

"Its bad enough knowing that Loyalists are skulking in the city, let alone a looming war from our own."

Simon sits down at the table, gesturing for Terri to do likewise, meanwhile stirring cream and sugar into his own cup.

"Sounds complicated. I'm happy to help, of course. Maybe I should talk to HAL myself, see what else I can do."

"Oh, speaking of possible Loyalists. Look at this." he shows her the newspaper cutting regarding Lawrence and the disappearance he had been investigating. "Sable and I were at the train station on this day and met a Fairest meeting this description. We're looking into it."

"Anyway, we should begin. You can either relate the image to me from your memory - as if I were a police sketch artist - or it is within my abilities to extract the image itself from your dreams, though I wish I'd remembered to ask you to bring a pillowcase from home as it makes the process easier."

Terri takes a look at the clipping and reads it over. "God, this place is getting heavy. Right under Gianna's nose to. Heh, I bet the old witch loved that." When Simon mentioned about getting started, she put down the article and focused on him. However, she did have to smirk.

"Sorry Simon, I left all my bedding in my other purse. One thing though, I'm not very good at the whole memory thing. My seeming is a bitch at times."

Simon smiles at Terri's small joke "It's alright. We'll make do. First, tell me what you remember from what you want me to sketch. It will help me if I know what I'm looking for."

Description

PRE

Terri settles back and closes her eyes, trying to bring back every detail of the bookstore assailant. Keeping calm as her seeming rebelled against her memory, Terri began to describe the man.

"He had a long face and a receeding hairline that leads down to a well-trimmed beard that is grey in colour. Hooded blue eyes and a pair of roundish glasses that balanced on his nose. When his Mask dropped however, his face took a sharper likeness, severe angles, you know." Her brow furrows before her shoulders sag and she opens her eyes to look at Simon. "Sorry, that's all I can remember."

Remembering the bad guy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread