Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
How the Other Half Lives

Page 3 of 35 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last

PRE

Jack nodded to Joker when Pandora mentioned his name.

"Nice to meet you," he manages to grunt out, forcing a smile on his weary face.

He then turns around to see the Curator enter with a pair of what appear to be newer recruits. His eyes linger on the goth chick for a moment longer than he assesses the fellow with them.

... Cute face, Jack's mind registers dumbly.

R
    Redinski

Errant enters the building, spots the metal detector, and swears. Trying to look as casual as he can, he returns to his car and throws his jacket inside.
    When he returns, he passes inside without incident. He skims over the room and sees most of it filled by his Order.
    "Ha, Free Council's here first," he chuckles to no one in particular.
    At least, those of us who're coming.

Status (Consilium) •••
    Status (Mysterium) •••••
    Presence •••
    Striking Looks •• (Elegant)
    Occultation •••
    Tyria Primoria
    Status (Consilium) •••Status (Mysterium) •••••

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"Hello," Tyria greeted the group clustered around the entrance. She makes a drinking motion to Gina, and the girl nods and leaves.

"Well, come along, then,"
    she says, leading the way upstairs.

There's a large conference room with a glass wall that looks out into the expanse of the Museum's entry and main exhibits. A young woman, Phrymides, is blushing furiously as she wipes the table, and the haphazard pile of donuts and kolaches look recently... arranged.

On a side table is an assortment of drinks and glasses.

"Make yourselves comfy, since we're stuck here for a bit it seems,"
    Tyria says, gesturing at the table and chairs. When Gina appears at the door with a coffee cup, Tyria steps outside, motioning Phrymides to come with her.

OOC

Rosh

PRE

Spade takes a seat and studies the Museum resonance leisurly. He wasn't hungery. but the arragment was nice and Tryia apreantly put some thought it it all. How nice.

Spade nabs Jack's arm as he passes, getting his attention. "What happened?" he asks quietly.

w
    wolfman1911

"Nice to meet you," Joker replies to Jack as he passes.

After Pandora mentioned that Eclipse is the Councilor for Mastigos, Joker found himself slowly wandering in that direction.

"Hi," Joker said to Eclipse, "I'm Joker, Free Council. Pandora said you are the Councilor for the Mastigos. I figured I'd introduce myself, since I'm one too."

PRE

Jack lurches to a halt as he's grabbed by the Theurgist. He sighs before responding, speaking coolly, "Jordan, Orphan, and I rode a boat to spy on the Bridge's underside to try to see if there would be any sigils or runes where the knots were. It was our best hope of furthering that investigation.

"Anyway, a fucking Moros or triggered spell disintegrated the boat when we were in the middle of the river, sending us, the driver, a teacher, and a bunch of kids into the cold water... One of them drowned...

"The only good thing that came out of it? Jordan recognized one of the sigils under the bridge from one of the books a prospective mystagogue had given him to research about, which contained some sort of dialect of Atlantean High Speech..."

Jack pulls his arm away and goes to the refreshments, standing with his arms crossed as he considers what he wants.

I want that bastard to pay for what he did... And I don't have the means to do anything but stand by and watch...

Jordan followed everyone into the conference room, giving bleak, quiet smiles to all and sundry. He said hello to Phrymides, who he had worked with on cunieform dating not too long ago. Then he moved to the refreshment table and selected green tea. Thank heaven that someone drank tea here, and provided for others who did.

He was beginning to come out of his fog. Justifications came unbidden to his mind, only to be dismissed as unwanted guests. Finally he let one proverb take up residence: "The only way never to make a mistake is to do nothing." Not a justification, not an excuse, not an absolution. He could still take comfort in floating other children to safety using their own clothes. But it did not take the bitter taste from his mouth. They could put it on his tombstone one day: He stumbled, he fell, but he tried.

Jack was contemplating refreshments. Jordan said with thoughtful concern: "Did you get any rest? The whole thing's been stressful as hell."

Orphan

PRE

Orphan warily approaches Jordan and Jack. Like Jordan, he's glad to see tea. He skips the sweets, having had a hard enough time making himself eat a banana on the way here.

"So, how are you both doing?" he asks, speaking barely above a whisper and keeping his voice as neutral as possible.

Jordan gave Orphan a quiet smile, and took a sip of the calming green tea.

Hi, Orphan. I'll be OK, thanks, but it is going to take a while. Why is the universe here? I had imagined a quiet debriefing...I don't personally know three-quarters of these folks."

S
    Sanguine_Wisp

Trace followed everyone into the conference room, and approached the men at the beverages, and got himself some Green Tea as well, and listened to the other conversations that were going on.

Page 3 of 35 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
Closed Thread