DISPLAYED
NEW
UNREAD
Week I Week II Week III Week IV
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

The biggest shock was again from Corn, who revealed Winter`s Obrimos Path- much to Philip`s surprise, during the discussion about Acknowledgement. That earned Corn an eyebrow, and again got Philip looking between Corn and Winter to see what his reaction to this would be. After all, Winter and Aurora had voiced the greatest concerns about Corn`s handling of the situation, dousing Corn in flak for his poorly thought-through and somewhat tasteless acknowledgement.
    Oh, boy. If Winter can find so much impropriety in Corn`s acknowledgement of Witch, I could see him going through the roof over having his Path publicly revealed like this. Philip thought with no small amount of satisfaction, but again keeping it internalized and to himself out of respect for Winter.

Chambers` words about the pre-approved messages were certainly interesting, and heated up the discussion in Philip`s view. But Aurora brought Winter`s concerns to the forefront. Clearly, Corn had been too fast with his questions and didn`t convey them the gravity they deserved, much like Philip had thought, too. Corn`s excuse that he just wanted to get Witch`s acknowledgement over quickly seemed like a bad one when compared with the pomp with which he first adressed Witch as `Magus Witch` all formal-like. But all those things notwithstanding, Philip had to prepare for his biggest challenge yet that day, acknowledging Eidolon. So he let his acknowledgement of Eidolon speak for his opinion on Corn`s beliefs on acknowledgement as a questionnaire, by itself. While he did not want to have a fight with him, he still hoped the other mages could read between the lines from his interactions with Eidolon and understand his position, rather than joining the discussion. So he merely nodded to Corn, Winter, Aurora and Chambers in turn as they presented their arguments and counter-arguments.But it seemed after the discussion had ended, Witch surprisingly gave her answers shortly and succinctly, giving Philip the free info of her Order affiliation, to his glee, as she did so. But nodding to her formally, as she did so as well, out of common courtesy and respect.

Hoping the situation was now at least temporarily resolved, Philip hoped they wouldn`t have to re-visit that subject a third Consilium conference in a row. But it seemed the others were dead-set on making it a primary talking point once again. And that was too bad. After all, they were now substantially more mages than when Philip first joined, so he was at least thankful for the preliminary ruling in January on the subject. But that also made Philip slightly more annoyed that they couldn`t sort out the leadership discussion last Consilium with Winter`s sudden departure.

But he was curious about Witch`s opinions on the matters they`d discussed during her absence, and what she felt about being acknowledged, mostly agreeing with Corn`s questions and earning her a questioning look, that passed between her and Corn in anticipation.

So, waiting for a lull in the action, Philip finally introduced Eidolon. Or, however much he could gather from the texts. Walking up to and greeting him with a smile, but not giving him his hand to shake this time, he started:
    "Hi. Eidolon, was it? We texted earlier today, I believe. Anyway, I`m Philip Crosen and I`m pleased to meet you. I`m also a Libertine and Acanthus. And because of our earlier contact, and especially if any of those two also apply to you, it falls to me to Acknowledge you in this Consilium."
    After letting this fact sink in, while somewhat-expectantly looking towards him, giving him the chance for a reciprocal answer on his Path and Order affiliation but not pressing the subject, he continued.
    "Anyway, so.... What more can you tell us about yourself? And, I`m curious what brought you to Sacramento, of all places and if you know how long you plan to stay. Are you one of those mover-and-shaker-types?"
    he asked, a half-jest-smile briefly playing on his lips as he did so, before getting serious again, hoping he got the gist and questions asked even if he asked semi-casually, among other things. So he gave Eidolon a longer while to answer these questions before continuing slightly more gravely.
    "And more importantly, and this is again just to be clear from the start. But do you bring any trouble with you?"
    he asked, still conveying the gravity of the situation, while still giving him the chance to introduce himself somewhat- less formally than the stifling way Corn had done, holding off with the question about defense of the Circle until he`d answered the previous questions. After all, Eidolon seemed quite shy, given his erlier text, asking for permission to come inside, and now seemingly waiting on Philip to present him.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

This meeting happenstance, that everyone was here, coincidence. Chambers had not got into the headspace for going back and forth points over mis remembered details. This is why we need to take better notes. But recognising what the moment calls for he takes the time as others respond and chip and actively contradict themselves to calm, and focus.

Then when he gets his chance. Tone calm and focused. ''Apologies I've only added to the confusion.'' Starting by admitting fault in the self. ''Aurora you are quite correct the listed question are reference material and need not be strictly adhered to by anyone performing an acknowledgement.'' A sharp look is given to Corn as he just blatantly outs information Winter generally chose to quick private, at least as long as this Moros had known him. ''That is what I very poorly tried and seemingly failed to convey, by pre-approved, that some form of vetting in the form of questions would take place.'' That they had all agreed. ''By a member of the path or lacking that first contact.'' Which absolutely had been agreed in both meetings.

''When you Aurora, you Winter or anyone else performs the duty of acknowledgement you are free to adjust, deviate or go about it in which ever way you see fit.'' And there in lies the issue with her objection. ''As is Corn. If he we all have freedom to choose what questions we ask, he has the freedom to choose to use the reference material if he wants.'' Was this an issue because the very first acknowledgement was done using the material so people think its setting a precedent? ''The questions are drawn from a combination of Witch's agreed suggestions in January and those I was and have seen others asked since being here.'' I don't expect more of any new or returning mage then I went through myself.

Nodding solemnly. ''Of course. Winter you, or anyone is free to voice concerns.'' As free as they are to ditch on official meetings part way through. ''But changes to conduct can only happen in official meetings. So concerns have been raised and heard and yes of course we will discussing them in the detail they seem to need.'' He takes a pause realising he is getting a little wound up by needing to hash things out again when they had bene previously agreed to. Two steps forward for one step back is still moving forward. ''In July.'' Until then. ''For now acknowledgements happen as agreed by us in the last meeting.'' At least give them a chance to be trial run first. The attention to his composure the necessary moments to refocus means he keeps level but firm.

As for the lying or threat of it. ''Winter we have to readily accept that yes anyone might be lying. But even a small amount of due diligence on our part might be enough to prevent or minimise serious danger.'' Speaking of. ''On the matter do due diligence why did you not object when I was put to the question on arrival? or October? or Walker ?or Aurora or Corn or Puck?'' A bit of a break with tradition there from our most stoic resident. What you don't do says just as much as what you do.

The thing that actually seems to have gotten to people is surprising. ''If the objection to Corn's method is the lack of social grace.'' To be fair he's earnt that reputation. ''Then so what. Not every one of us can be well spoken, or have conversational skills. We will handle that element a little differently just by default.'' He shrugs it really was a non issue for him. ''He did what was asked of him within the scope of what we agreed to.'' So unless we want one his robots to do the acknowledgements there is going to be different approaches, some more sociable then others.

Philip proving exactly that, as once more he is seems to be called on for the role of acknowledgement. Eyes flick to the enchanter wisely staying out of the conversation and getting on with the duty at hand, given he knows a name without any being said it was safe to assume he knew something of the newest mage from outside the circle. I wonder if anyone will object to how he does it? It's more conversational certainty but no less expedient. The new guy gets a nod in greeting but Chambers is a little busy himself and has no desire to prolong the process by chipping in.

He takes a reprieve to cast a nod and smile at Salem as his greeting is returned. ''Speaking of advise.'' Piggy backing off Corn's points for a hopeful distraction. ''What do you think? My Baking skills have seen a lot of improvement in recent months but I can still take them further.'' As the new mage was one of a very few to actually try the treats.

Witch effectively neuters the conversation by answering Corn's questions. Well as far as she is concerned the process itself is still under scrutiny. And he Echo's Corn's Sentiments. ''Indeed welcome back.''
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Aurora had to nod in agreement with Winter. It was a barrage of questions. Important ones, yes. But there was a thing called tact.

Catching the glance, she realizes she didn’t introduce herself, guess she should do that. “Aurora, Thyrsus.” Those were the most important things.

Props to Witch for returning the sentiment to Corn with her answers, a smirk touching her lips.

But wait, had Winter ever said what his Path was publicly? Her memory wasn’t what it used to, having the Abyss take a bit of your soul and humanity would do that. She honestly was sure, a glance to Winter.

To Corn, “All I am going to say on this matter today, is that it can be discussed in the next Official Meeting. Everything will be sorted then. If you want to keep repeating yourself, have at it, but I’m done with the topic for now.” Did he like to hear himself talk? Was that why he repeated himself so often? Did his wife not let him talk at home, so this is where he gets to do it?

Seemed like Philip understood the assignment, having more tact with how he worded the questions.

“Oh, whenever I have to acknowledge someone, it certainly won’t be sterile and impersonal.”
    Taking a drink from her travel mug, but whatever.

Finally, a hint of a smile, “Might have to get you a chefs hat Chambers.” He really seemed to have jumped all in on the baking thing.

“And yes, welcome back Witch.”

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
+ Reply to Thread