Watch

(2405) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Week I Week II Week III Week IV
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight
    Witch Scenes

PRE

They discussed some interesting things. Acknowledgments had become standard. Sort of
    Witch struggled to keep her face from reacting. She wasn't sure how it was trying to react. Just that it was. Letting out a breath, she nodded and tried to come up with words but didn't find any.

And then Corn. Always wanting something that hadn't always been around. She had no more breath to let out. Unfortunately.

Thankfully he shifted gears into formalities, and she pulled her attention to getting things underway.

The questions were unsurprising. Mostly. And straightforward. Still, she took a moment before answering and in that moment, Winter spoke. Her gaze flickered to him, and she held her tongue, her answers remaining unspoken as she turned back to Corn . Giving him a chance to answer Winter.

She heard the unfamiliar face speak, noting faintly his confirmation of name. His easy answer of path and order. But her focus was on Corn.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Corn is doesn't immediately realize Aurora and Witch are struggling to contain their reactions towards him, but Winter 's reaction gets him by a complete surprise.
    What is he talking about? could be read on Corn's face.
    "The questions were pre-approved by the Consilium last month. You were there when we discussed them and discussing putting them down. If I recall correctly, you have not stepped away yet. Those questions... I answered them too when I was acknowledged in February. Every one of them. Also, per the decision last month they are written there in the board. Also when did you tell me to not ask these questions? What are you talking about? " Corn said, puzzled, as he didn't recall ever having such a discussion with Winter about questions and he doesn't get why winter objected.
    "You interrupt what is basically a routine acknowledgement, winter." Corn said with a bit of irritation. "If you have new concerns about the process we agreed on last month, could this wait until after Witch is acknowledged? I doubt it will take more than a few minutes."

Wits+Empathy for Corn to figure out that Witch and Aurora are annoyed with him and why the two women and Winter are annoyed.

1 success

Chambers get a reply of "Well, it could be made more clear, but as you say, that's a technicality that can wait. I didn't mean to say we should do this now. Just something that crossed my mind."
    Salem is a Libertine. It didn't cause great concern for Corn, he knew not every Libertine was like Anima or Puck. But some are, he found himself thinking. But he decided to be optimistic. "A mastigos, eh? Well, I don't think we have one. So... perhaps Philip should do the acknowledgement?" Then Philip mentions an 'internal acknowledgement'. "Oh, we still do those?" Corn asked. He didn't mind that. He trusted Philip with the acknowledgement even behind closed doors.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Chambers got a shrug and a nod in agreement for his points on cooking and Corn`s potentially new July agenda item. Acknowledgement, again. he thought, exasperatedly. Philip was right in the middle of nodding to Winter as he was saying it hadn`t in fact been a serious problem for why he`d suddenly left the previous Consilium, when his order-tool-slash-phone buzzed with a text, getting him to briefly turn away from the others to check it.*
    *See comms, Eidolon Texts Philip. Also don`t know if it`s proper to mention comms in this way but hope this is ok.

But he did still hear the outburst from Winter and complementary level of trust in Witch, which was certainly at least partially surprising for Philip. Somehow Witch was trustworthy enough that Winter had taken it upon himself to re-vet the otherwise by now seemingly standardized acknowledgement questions for Witch out of a reason he didn`t quite understand. Or it could just be the way he asked them, like answering a questionnaire? No, that can`t be it. he thought, of the way Corn asked the questions.
    This discussion, some might call it argument, between Winter and Corn was quite unexpected and out of the blue for Philip. And it had the effect of cutting off his intended introduction of, well, Eidolon, before he got a chance to speak or evaluate the situation between Corn and Winter. Especially as Winter had been missing for the latter half of the previous Consilium conference, so he perhaps didn`t know everything that was or wasn`t decided, despite the fact that they`d held off on some agenda because of him? And now he`s called Corn out for, what exactly? Was that a `don`t-throw-stones-in-a-glass-house` card from Winter? Granted Corn could likely get that card pretty much all the time, but why now? Philip thought, confused. While Philip was pretty sure Corn`s questions were sound and mostly didn`t differ that much from the way he`d have said themThe demand to know Order and Path had to Philip also always been implied, but never as explicitly stated, either. And on top of everything, Philip didn`t really like the emphasis Corn placed on answering them truthfully from the get-go and so he kept his mouth shut on the matter, merely giving Winter and Corn curious looks.
    But Philip still nodded to Corn and everyone else present when Corn repeated that it was to be a Free Council-internal acknowledgement for Salem, under Philip`s direction with a brief enthusiastic "Yep." in agreement as he gave Salem a look that said, agreed and definitely.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Just a gentle reminder to keep texts in the comm board, and tag whoever you send them to.

''Always good to hear people are are doing good, likewise I'm well thank you Aurora.'' Things were pretty lively today. No bad thing. ''Been anywhere interesting since last we spoke?'' From our conversation in the graveyard she seemed like the social sort.

And then something unexpected happens. His head slowly turns puzzling out the confusion of how things got here so quickly. Maybe Corn was right to ask for the questions be written down after all. He adopts a gentle but firm tone. And he voices his support to of the talkative Moros. I might have been more conversational about it but his way still does the job. ''Pre approved by you Winter. By us. In January and again in April when we refined the process. Before you left the meeting.'' The Guardian had been present for that part of proceedings. ''Recorded there on the board.'' Is he protecting Witch's order affiliation is that it? ''If you have objections it would have been good for you to voice them at the time.'' Looks like we will be talking about this in July then. ''Because until July's meeting what we have is the currently agreed precedent for acknowledgement.'' So get whatever this is in check already. ''We also agreed anyone refusing to answer would not be part of the Consilium.'' Might be worth reminding him of that to. Nice as it is to see Witch again we can't start making expectations for the first person through the door, not again.

Philip had said about an independent meeting which was well and good. The enchanter had shown he knew what was required of acknowledgements and seeing some take a more active roll in awakened duties was a definite positive step. We differ on our certain values but on the Consilium it seems we are pretty similarly minded. ''Welcome Salem.'' He does not offer a hand, sympathy. Enough said. ''I'm Chambers I walk the path of Doom.'' He wants to leave order out for the moment he does value the secrecy of it. But sometimes you need to model the behaviour you want to see. So to support the new system of acknowledgement. ''Mystagogue.'' No more no less. The taking of his baking however is meet with a pleased grin. I spend time on those after all.

Witch is silent. Her choice. He can sense the potential for a blow up between guardians and mystagogues in this situation and has no desire to antagonise it further. He had said what needed to be said in support of Corn's actions in accordance with the collective wise who attended the official meeting. The only remaining thing that he could not see being detrimental to bring up being. ''And of course as we agreed acknowledgement is handled by Path, or first contact if a path member is not around.'' Corn as first path mate to make contact handled this acknowledgement and thus had final say if he would enforce the new procedure or not. And Winter has no grounds to block it.

With a reserved nod. And I thought it had all gone so smoothly. ''Yes Corn it looks like we might be revisiting acknowledgement procedure in July.'' What more do they want I publish agendas to give time for arguments to form and discussion to be had. Its not like they don't know we would be talking about this. They have time to formulate their concerns or proposed changes.

Philip is ... on his phone ... and unusually quite. Maybe being smart and keeping out of whatever this turned into.
    Health
    Mana

7. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Looking to Winter, “It was decided last month that having questions to ask a new arrival, or returning one, was best. But I think they could be asked a bit more, tactfully, and not so much like a quiz in the back of a magazine.” And she did say as much at the last meeting.

The name the new face says was filed away.

Glancing to Corn, “I believe it was said you wanted them written down to be more formal and official, while I said it doesn’t need to be. They are just general questions that everyone gets asked. As I said then, and I’ll say again now, it’s a bit much.” Sighing, “We might have to revisiting this at a Formal meeting. I don’t like how the questions come across, rapid fire and impersonal.”
    Another sigh, “I didn’t say not to ask questions, in fact, specific questions were not mentioned. Questions that were posted were said to be a reference, not a be all end all.” She said her peace on it last month, so she says it again.

“There is nothing wring with Winter voicing his concerns, there are no Laws or rules against it. Let him speak.” Not that he needed her to defend him or anything. But seriously, let him voice his problems. “If anything, it shows the matter is not resolved and should be reassessed.”

Aurora is annoyed.

Addressing the other question, “We never said Acknowledgement by Path was a thing, but also never said it wasn’t. I don’t see a problem with it personally. If ones Path is not represented, then it makes sense to have it fall to Order.” And if not that, then what they already had in place, first to make contact.

Shaking her head, “No where new and exciting yet, though I do have a few places on my list to check out.” There were still places in the city she had yet to visit.

“Yes, asking questions was decided upon, and having them written down was just supposed to be a reference. As not all of us need a questionnaire to Acknowledge someone. The way they are worded and asked might as well be printed on a piece of paper and handed out for others to fill in. The way it sounded last month was they were a reference and not a huge thing. If I had known it was going to turn out like this, I would have made sure we discussed it further.” Was she kicking herself now? Yes. But it was on her for not asking more questions.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"We agreed on asking questions, but I don't recall we ever agreeing on barraging people down. Besides, not everyone enjoys parading their own motives in public. Not that we have the means to test beyond doubt whether a newcomer is lying or not", he sighs.

Marcus Hawthorne
    High Speech
    Eidetic Memory
    Resources
    Status
    (Free Council)
    New Identity
    (Marcus Hawthorne)
    Eidolon

STATS

Health
    Mana
    Willpower

NIMBUS

When Eidolon uses Vulgar magic, his eyes glow purple and a faint, eerie mist surrounds him, tinged with shadows that seem to dance in a macabre waltz.
    Equipment

ARMOR

Reinforce Long Jacket: WoD core p170

GEAR

Smartphone: HtV, p. 37
    Laptop: HtV, p. 37
    Zippo Lighter

WEAPONS

Energy Meter: HtV, p. 240
    Stun Gun: Armory, p. 36
    Dart Gun Pistol: Armory p.91
    Beretta M92: Armory, p.65
    Dagger: WoD Core, p.170
    Eidolon Scenes

PRE

Eidolon walks into the Sanctuary feeling a bit off, as he is normally not this cautious around fellow mages. In fact, he has been called quite the bastard at times. Looking around, hoping that Philip would make himself known. He is wearing a brown long coat, white button up shirt, a loose tie, denim jeans, and doc marten boots. He has a watch on his left wrist and a leather cuff with a metallic rune on his right wrist.

He knows that it is normally tradition to be presented by the leader of their order. So hopefully Philip will notice him and present him soon, he will feel more comfortable after that.
    Speed: 9 | Defense: 2 | Armor: 1
    "Talking" | Thinking

Presence
    Status (Academia)
    Salem

Nimbus:
    Reality seems to warp around him, distance and direction having little meaning anymore.

PRE

Salem glances towards Witch as she remains silent, but doesn't think much of it, looking instead to the growing argument in the room.

Salem smiles and nods to Corn. "Oh? That's a shame and a good thing that I'm here then."

He glances to Philip, wondering and hoping that his own acknowledgement won't end up like this seems to be. A more private affair would definitely be more something that the young Warlock would prefer. He's not even sure why he's still here at the moment, nervous around these new Mages but curious as to who are the true 'movers and shakers' in town.

He doesn't seem to mind Chambers not offering to shake his hand. They both know why and it's something that needs go unsaid. He does smile at the welcome and then the information that he does get from the Moros. Information is key in this day and age, as it is in all. "A pleasure to meet you, Chambers," he says, taking another bite out of the baked good.

He glances towards Aurora. I seemed to have come in at an interesting time. Quite a debate over Acknowledging folks, old and new.

He has to agree with Winter's point. While there are ways of knowing if someone's lying or not, there are ways around it too. Trust is not easily given or earned, it would seem.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
+ Reply to Thread