Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Winter was gone. The cold banished and city gently cleansed by cool rains. The day had been dreary but as the night closed in, the mildly inclement weather left a trail of slights scents to invigorate the senses. Damp vegetation, for one. The stale warmth of air conditioning, for another. Petrol fumes jetting from a car. The shot of a vape, lingering in the sharp air.

Or another session of the Harvest King's baking and bread making experiments.

Edna's was open despite the hour; the kitchen lights aglow; windows wide open to let out the heat and let in the cooling, vaporous, air.

Anatole waited upon Seraphina Orianna while he carved a determined and recalcitrant flapjack (Oat Slice) sfree of a baking tray (the tray died, buckled and twisted. Too much honey, syrup or something. The Harvest King would never know - he was going to eat it before he worked out the truth).

A pot of tea stewed on the table. Breads, butter and preserves formed an honour guard.

2. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The Nix wasn’t sure what Anatole wanted to meet about, and hoped everything was ok. She was the type who would always worry that something was wrong, or that something had happened until told otherwise.

But she still came with a basket of various teas for the spring season. Each grown by her, and labeled in tins that could be used for other things when empty. And since it was spring, she dressed for the season! Which meant a bright yellow long flowing skirt and a white t-shirt, tied at the waist. Despite a dreary day, she was determined to bring spring with her everywhere!

Long silver and green hair was in braid off to the side and draped over her shoulder, the delicate pearls catching the light here and there. It was certainly a difference from her gold and silver hair, the green bright and vibrant, reminiscent of the colors of the ocean. But the biggest difference was her eyes, no longer the color of the deepest ocean, they were now a rare greenish blue color of aquamarine. There is also a soft illumination from within, it’s a very gentle glow, but it’s there and it stands out.

She gently knocks on the door before opening it, “Anatole?” calls out the angelic voice as she follows the various scents to the kitchen. Smiling brightly, “Hi! So glad we could get together, I hope you’ve been well!” holding up the basket, “I brought you some of the newer flavors of tea for the season.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole looked up from his work.

"Oh hi! Welcome! Please, come in."

The oat slice, thick and solid, is laid on a plate. He moves over to the table.

"Oh that is perfect. I'll make up another tea pot and we can try then. Sorry about the oat slice, you'll have to pull it apart by hand."

He made a shrug, continuing to move around the kitchen as the Nix came in. He positioned himself to face the Vernal Sovereign while the kettle boiled.

"Thank you for stopping by. I thought it would be a good enough time to catch up. I have been well, keeping quiet. Preparing some thing sbehind the scenes, really. And I have some plans to share, which will directly impact on Funderland."

He shot the Treasured a wan, yet content, smile.

6. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“Thank you!” continuing the rest of the way into the kitchen and pulling a chair out.

Glancing at the oat slice, “Did you make it? And no need to apologize, I’m excited to give it a try.” Especially since she couldn’t cook, let alone bake.

“I always enjoy catching up with you, and glad to hear you’ve been well.” Translucent fingers begin working the oat slice, but it was obvious her attention was on the dwarf.

“Plans?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"Oh yes. The oat slice is the latest experiment. Please try it."

He gestured before preparing a second tea pot.

"Yes. Plans."

He moved over to the table and sat, sighing.

"I will be moving Edna's Boarding House from Funderland. The old dame doesn't belong here; she needs to be let out into the wild."

The pause that followed was unintentional. The changes to the Nix as her Mantle and Wyrd reached their peak were subtle, yet astounding. Even though she was sitting in stillness, diamond dust was still gently, almost imperceptibly, drifting from her hair. Translucent skin, now frosted with tiny cracks like she was delicate, antique, doll. Scales.

"Scales. I once had to fashion armour made from salamander scales..."

Blinking with surprise and effort, he turned his mind back to matters at hand.

"Funderland is a place of play and joy. Edna's is stiffled here. Things did happen here. An Ashen Queen of old watched over this place and the ghosts that haunt it. Fake cobwebs and spooky giggles... don't cut it. Don't worry, I'm sure I can fashion a Door from the Autumn Hollow to the underground; Circe hasn't cleared them all out yet, so the potential danger... suits."

He leaned over and began to pull apart the oat slice. He offered a piece to Seraphina before taking another for himself.

He checked the tea. Nodded. It was still stewing.

9. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

His words were…unexpected.

Aquamarine eyes softly glow as she looks to him, “You’ll be moving?” a hint of surprise, “That is truly a surprise to hear, has anything happened? A security breach, or anything of the sort?” now the surprise was replaced by concern and worry. “Is everything ok?” the concern shifting to Anatole and his wellbeing.

The Nix as well, blinked with surprise at the mention of scales, “Scales? Mine?” a translucent hand touching her temples.

Listening in silence as he talked about Edna’s and his feelings on it. “You know, I never really looked at it the way you are describing, the way it reflects upon who the Ashen Queen was and did.” Eyes slowly look around, “Maybe she would be unhappy with what its become.” Then settle on him once again, “And you have should have a place that properly represents Autumn.” It also showed her how different Rhodes and Anatole were. While Rhodes seemed to thrive here, Anatole didn’t. And that wasn’t fair. “Oh, I’m pretty sure the perfect location can be selected down there. Adding Doors had been discussed, and making sure you are still connected is important.” But it was still…odd.

“Do you have a place picked out?”

The oat slice was accepted.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

11. Likes , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"Nothing has happened. I just dont feel that the symbol of Autumn is suited for Funderland. Ednas would remain open to the Freehold, should any Lost seek to use it."

He paused while he attempted to tackle his oat slice.

"My understanding was that Edna's had a deservedly ill reputation. I'd rather tap into that than have the place remain a little spook house."

He tried the oat slice again. Chewing took a while. But was worth it.

"The change.... nom... lets me work on other things too. Since Rhodes... Well, the Hollow is in need of some major maintenance. The two go hand in hand."

He nodded, licking his fingers free of crumbs.

"And yes. I have a few properties in mind. Edge of town. Places that will rekindle the Fear."

A ghost of something maliciously mischievous flashed across his face. He quickly wrenched himself from his reverie.

"Uh. Yes. I didn't notice your scales before..."

The Wizened's voice trailed a bit.

"The Wyrd seems to resonate more strongly with you."

13. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A nod of understanding, “Ednas seems to have gone through quite a bit of change with each Monarch. I remember Mhairi had it as a regular house when I first moved here. She opened it to Lost seeking a place to feel safe and call home. But it wasn’t a spook house, it wasn’t open to the public, and the tales were passed from resident to resident. It was moved here under her direction, and it could be moved again if you wished.” Not seeking to make him stay at Funderland, just offering suggestions.

This nod was a bit more, absent. “He had poured a lot of himself into the Hollow, so I’m not surprised it is in need of maintenance.” The Hollow, and his title, had been this pride and joy.

“Oh, ok. Well, if you need help with anything, you know you only need to let me know. I’ll always support you and what you decide to do.” And that was true. Anatole had been distant, but had always been there if needed.

Working on chewing the piece he had offered, “It has a nice flavor.” A bit chewy, but an effort had been made and she could respect that. It was more than she could do.

Eyes shift slightly as she tucks a stray strand behind a webbed ear, “Yeah, this is, well, new. The Wyrd has noticed my hard work with my various magics and seemed fit to, well, reward me I guess.” It had been a rough night when it happened. A painful one. A lonely one.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

15. Likes , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"Less syrup..."

The Wizened added absently.

"Oh really!"

At the mention of a previous Autumn Monarch, Anatole's bushy eyebrows shot up.

"I did not know that. Fascinating. So we all put our particular stamp on the place. Maybe that is why I can feel it, sometimes."

His eyes rolled to one of the doors leading deeper into the rambling old house. His hands were still stuck fast to the oat slice, which was still resisting his efforts.

"Thank you."

A depth of feeling clung to his words as his attention was dragged back to the enthralling Treasured. A secretive smile slipped back onto his features.

"You've been studying the Contracts? Honing your already impressive skills in Hedgespinning?"

General interest reverberated through his voice.

17. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Less syrup? She was lost for only a moment before thinking it was maybe the bread. But she had nothing to add to it.

Back to Edna’s, she nods, “That’s how I’ve understood it. I actually lived here when I first arrived, Mhairi ran it as a boarding house for Lost. I always admired that about her, and thrive to be as kind as she was to me.” Thinking back to when she first arrived, “Edna’s did have a,” pausing, “different feel to it then. It’s hard to explain fully, but it just felt more, uh, ominous? Imposing? There was a fear you could feel when you were here. And while I still feel it, it’s not as strong in my opinion. So it probably doesn’t mean a whole lot coming from a Spring, but I’ve seen the changes over the years. If you don’t mind me asking, what stamp do you want to put on it?” truly curious, each Monarch she had seen had been different.

A quiet chuckle, “I’ve always been studying Contracts, but lately I’ve been dipping my toes into those outside Spring and with a bit more, excitement to them. And thank you for saying my skills in Hedgespinning are impressive, it’s a love of mine, something I just enjoy doing.” Something else she picked up from Mhairi. “Also, my skills with oneiromancy and oneiromachy have been honed to a fine, dangerous point.” Her time working on those skills had become natural.

“I’ve been meaning to ask you, and I hope you’ll be honest with me if you can,” not sure why he couldn’t, but she said it anyways, “but do you want to be referred to as the Harvest King? Or was there something else you wish to be referred to as? I don’t believe anyone even asked you, assumptions were made and that’s not good on our parts.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

+ Reply to Thread