A new, free, liberal chat

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Week I Week II Week III Week IV
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

PRE

"Interesting. We each have our own specialties. Very useful when combined. I`d have to give that some thought as to how we could best do that, if you`re interested."
    he said, thinking about the various ways that could be helpful for the two of them. He then chuckled when he mentioned time, being a Disciple in it as he`d just admitted.
    "Time? We have all the time we need. Why don`t you explain it right now?"
    After giving him a while to answer whatever he wanted on the subject of the metaphysical significance of his work and math, Salem`s comment about subterfuge gets a grave nod. This had him reverting back to his deadpan, but eyeing him with the gaze he reserved for only the most serious of discussions.
    "Agreed. We need to be careful of infiltrators, inflitrating the Free Council with Seer ideas to cause these types of subterfuge you speak of, but also in general. I recently acknowledged a libertine traitor-turned-Adamantine Arrow, who left immediately after giving me his solemn oath to accept all my acknowledgement requirements. It was quite a shock. But when you find a decent angle, please let me know. I know I`m no peer, but I`d still like to read your work."
    He left him a longer while to answer these questions, before then becoming pensive, going through the questions needed for acknowledgement in his head while maintaining his deadpan and locked gaze. After a while, he spoke again, bringing up the question of acknowledgement directly this time.
    "As for your acknowledgement, since we share an order and I`m your first contact here, it falls to me to acknowledge you, per our new acknowledgement procedures. And I do expect you`re also here because you want to be acknowledged in this Consilium, am I right?"
    he asked, leaving the question hanging in the air. Although it hadn`t explicitly been stated yet by either of them up until that point, he felt the unspoken question needed to be asked at that stage, before they proceeded. After all, up until that point, it had mostly been fun and games, cordial introductions. But this was a serious matter, even for the to others perhaps seemingly somewhat frivolous Libertine and Acanthus in him, taking this in and stating it with the utmost seriousness he could muster. After a longer beat to answer this latest question, he continued with the questions that had by now formed in his mind. Follow-ups, to things Salem had already said.
    "With that, and if that is indeed the case that you want to be acknowledged, I`ve only a few questions, seeing as we cleared up most already, like your Path and how you plan on staying here for the foreseeable future. So, anyway. Do you bring any trouble with you, especially of an arcane nature, you`d be aware of? And would you be willing to defend this Consilium and its` members with your life if needed?"
    he asked, solemnly, conveying as much metaphysical weight behind his words, especially these last ones, as possible. Granted, they shared an Order, but he had been surprised before, and he wanted to convey the gravity of what he was asking.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( ) Speed: 10, Defense 7, Armor 0

Presence
    Status (Academia)
    Salem

Nimbus:
    Reality seems to warp around him, distance and direction having little meaning anymore.

PRE

Salem nods. "Quite so. Could lead to some interesting collaborations."

Salem gives a small shrug and a nod to the admission that they have the time now and he does go into a discussion about it. He approaches the metaphysical from a decidedly scientific point of view. His view through the lens of a Disciple of Space allows him to focus the conversation largely on connections between particles and places. He explains how distances are largely immaterial, everything exists everywhere all at once, that's largely the Lie that prevents us from truly realizing this.

Class is in session (3 successes)

His speech is just that, largely a speech. He takes questions and comments, but for the most part he orates, as if giving a class, which in a way he was. The way he gives it can be a bit dry, despite how adamant he might seem while explaining it. There is explanations of different mathematical concepts and equations and how they fit into his growing understanding of the world and how it works.

When the conversation turns to the talk of his acknowledgement, he gives a nod to Philip. "I do, yes. I'm planning on being in the area and would like to be able to partake in Awakened society while here."

He shakes his head. "No trouble that I know of, arcane or otherwise. I would be willing to help defend this Consilium and its members, preferably not with my life, but if it came to that.." he gives a small shrug of his shoulders. "I would need to know who the other members are though, if I'm going to be risking my life for them and vice versa."

OOC: Apologies that I resorted to a roll for that speech. Player doesn't know nearly as much science and/or magic as Salem does. Tried to summarize as best I could.

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Philip listened to Salem drone on about his maths the supernal significance behind it. His explanation of how distance was immaterial mirrored what Philip knew to be true from his own knowledge of Time, so he gave him a knowing smirk. When he was done, he smiled, adding:
    "Well, Salem. That was certainly thorough. Quite a thing. Thanks, I guess. Certainly interesting to hear things from the Space perspective what I`ve mostly so far experienced from Time. But it makes sense that there`d be so many similarities. After all, both are part of the theory of everything, after all. Fascinating."
    After a while, the discussion turned to the acknowledgement issue so again with the deadpan and serious face, he turned to face him fully again, nodding understandably when he said his piece about trouble and his own conditions. While his point was certainly understandable, he`d also not known much of anything of his compatriots when they demanded the same of him. And the consequences would be obvious, although it fell to him to state the elephant in the room.
    "I suppose that`s reasonable. By my questions are no different than were asked of myself when i sought acknowledgement a little under a year ago. I also didn`t know much about the ones that acknowledged me and that`s only come gradually over the past year, and I knew next to nothing when I first joined. One of those who acknowledged me, as I said. I still only know his name and that he`s tight lipped. I don`t even know his Order or Path, or if he`s even part of an order. So if you first want to get to know them, then your acknowledgement could take months. Because as I said, some of them do not play with open cards and they might not take too kindly to me revealing all sorts of stuff about them, too. In such a time you`d of course be held to the Lex standard like everyone else, but you would not get the protections or resources of the Circle. I hope you can understand that. So if those are your conditions, please be patient."
    he said, nodding understandingly. He was slightly surprised, though. That he had any conditions at all. But he was a Libertine like he was, after all. Leaving Philip to think that perhaps he should have been more into that `negotiation`, when he first joined.

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (Academia)
    Salem

Nimbus:
    Reality seems to warp around him, distance and direction having little meaning anymore.

PRE

He nods after a moment and smiles slightly, "I don't necessarily mean I need to know them beforehand. I'd just like to get to know them, as best as they're going to let me do so," he adds with a chuckle. "If I happen upon someone walking around town and see them doing weird shit, I'd like to know if they're doing it with us, or potentially against us.. That sort of thing."

He nods at the mention of the Lex, the code of laws that help to define Mage society, "I'm of course willing to do that. I would prefer to be under full membership. I plan on being in the area for the forseeable future.. Well, as far as we can forsee it.." he says with a playful smirk to the Acanthus. "If folks are half as enjoyable to talk to and be around as you are, I'll be in good company. I'm ready to join if you'll have me."

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

"So you`re ready to join right now, having accepted the things I said regarding defense of the Circle and its` members? Did you change your mind? Or do you want to wait a couple months to get to know the others?"
    Philip asked confused, but also in slight jest. Trying to get Salem to clarify what he just said and meant. He then became ever-so-slightly more serious.
    "Weird shit? What do you mean? See any of that recently? Or do you just mean generally if you see someone doing enlightened things, and whether they`re part of the club or part of the other club? If you know what I mean. I suppose that`s prudent."
    He then became pensive. Just how much can I get away with sharing? Information wants to be free after all, but I`d also like to stay alive.

"So again, I don`t know how much I`m allowed to share before the others kill me. And I really would not like to be turned into a fish. But I guess I can share some. So there`s three Mystagogues I know of. Two moros, one Thyrsus. The Thyrsus, Aurora, is that second-degree master I talked about. Generally nice, but can turn on the scary real quick. The Moros master of matter, Corn, talks way too much for his own good and he got reprimanded by the other Mystagogues before for this. He also has a conflict of interest between the Awakened world and his mundane family.
    And then there`s another Moros, Chambers. He`s a good friend of mine. I think you`ll like him once you get past his very to-the-letter adherence to his Mysterium rules, most out of the three from my experience. `Protocols` as they call them.

First rule with them is, be careful what you ask them. And always expect them to hold back the most crucial info. Know it`s one of their central tenets to never lie or distort the truth when speaking with other Awakened. And another is to not reveal anything unless you make a deal with them in advance to tell them an equivalent value of info of what they tell you, based on the value they place on the info. Hence the holding back of info. They give just enough for their deals to be satisfied and not a drop more. I usually pay attention when they do give more, because that`s usually then either a mistake, or they expect you to reciprocate later. And this reluctance to share has led to problems in the past. Don`t let `em fool you into thinking they`re impartial. They claim to be but they also admit they aren`t perfect in the same sentence.

Then there`s Winter. He`s the guy I`ve no clue as to his path or order. Extremely tight-lipped, even moreso than the others. But when he does speak, everyone usually listens to him because he`s often quite wise when he has something to say. And then there`s another Moros, Witch, we haven`t seen her in quite a while. Don`t know her order either. Also quite reserved.
    That said, all the members of the Consilium I`ve dealt with are quite reasonable. And while I`ve had my arguments with some, we generally sort it out with civilised discussion."

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (Academia)
    Salem

Nimbus:

PRE

Salem chuckles softly and nods. "It wouldn't be the first Consilium that I joined largely blind, but then that one was because it was my Master's Consilium," he says, giving a shrug of his shoulders. "I would like to be introduced to the others whenever it's convenient for them. Perhaps get their contact information and we can meet on our own terms. I'm up for joining if you'll have me.."

He nods. "More the latter. I mean, we do kinda see weird shit a lot. Not everyday but.. It's not like it's a rare occasion for us. Knowing how I can trust with my back is a good thing, yeah?"

He listens to the information that Philip is able and willing to share, nodding in understanding. It's potentially pushing the line of their trust in just that, but the Warlock was always a curious fellow. "Sounds like an interest group of folks. Would love to meet them."

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

"So if you agree to defend the Circle and its` members to the end, welcome to the Sacramento Awakened and the Circle."
    he said, tentatively offering Salem a handshake, but also waiting on a definitive yes to his last question before being sure, to avoid any ambiguities later. Then after a beat, he continued with the semi-smalltalk, semi-serious talk discussion the had so far.
    "And yeah, they definitely are. No doubt you`ll have plenty of time for introductions later when you meet them. But for the time being, my rough descriptions will have to do. And it definitely is, both that we see strange things semi-frequently and to know who has your back. Weird is part of the Awakened job description, after all. And you can definitely count on me if you ever need help with anything Time, or Fate-related. But I did want to know if you were referring to anything concrete?"
    he asked. It wasn`t meant to put him on the spot, or to repeat the question, but he knew he had to be careful with everything.

Presence
    Status (Academia)
    Salem

Nimbus:

PRE

The Warlock nods, reaching out to accept the handshake. "I agree and I accept. Thank you for having me," he says with a warm smile and a shake of the Enchanter's hand. He felt good about this city already, if Philip was any indication.

He nods at the offers and smiles. "Same for you if you need help with Space or Mind." He shakes his head at the last question. "Nothing specific, nothing concrete, no. Why do you ask? Is there something going on that I should know about?"

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

"Then great. As I said, welcome. Glad to have you join us."
    He then continued with the small talk.
    "No, not that I`m aware of, nothing big going on. But still, good to ask in case something was the case, or you`d seen anything relevant, just coverin` my bases. Anyway, my understanding is we`re considering continuing a previously abandoned project to map the hallows and ley lines of the area, but nothing else major. Everything`s still up in the air. You`d be welcome to join, though."
    he said with a smile. He`d be delighted to have some Free Council fresh air to balance out the Mystagogues. Meanwhile, Salem`s offer to help out with Space and Mind was appreciated with a nod.
    "And good of you to offer. I find it fascinating. Are you actually able to peer into the mind of another at sympathetic range? If so, then that`s quite a useful skill and quite the spying tool. Just please don`t try that on me, if you can."
    he asked with a chuckle before becoming more serious again and continuing.
    "So anyway, tell me some more about yourself. How did you get into TCE and the Free Council? And how was it like for you to Awaken to the Realm of Pandemonium? Cut contact with your mundane family, I take it, as you do? "

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (Academia)
    Salem

Nimbus:

PRE

He nods to the welcome, flashing a bit of a smile.
    "Okay, good. I don't have a lot of information on hallows or ley lines but I'd definitely be up for assisting with that if I can. Always a good thing to know."

He smirks slightly at the questions on his capabilities. "Not in so many words.. Sympathetic works, yes. Peering into someone's mind, not so much.. at least not yet. I'm not yet adept enough to read their thoughts with any sort of accuracy. Spying though.." he says with a bit a smirk. "I've been known to scry around. A lot," he says with a bit of a laugh as if it were a bit of an inside joke.

"Sure," he says with a friendly smile as he adjusts his stance slightly. "Awakening was a bit of an ordeal. I know. Shocking. I was pulling an all-nighter during my under-grads, well... all-weekender. I was working on some formulae in my dorm room when I realized that I wasn't really in my room anymore. Pandemonium is... difficult to describe. At least accurately, especially as it's largely in constant flux. To me, at least, it appeared to be a labyrinth of caverns filled with these.. creatures." He gives a bit of a shake and changes the subject, likely intentionally. "I didn't have to do much in the way of cutting out my family. A good portion had already cut me off even before I Awakened, but that was for a different reason," he says. "As far as joining up with the Free Council and the TCE, they were the most welcoming and most inline with how I saw the world. Probably helped that my college professor was one of them. It's how we found each other.

How about yourself? Acanthus awaken in.. Aracadia right? What was that like? How did you come to be a Libertine?"

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
+ Reply to Thread