Going into her own Dreamscape had become a whole new escape for her. Her world within her mind had completely changed, she had uprooted everything she knew and destroyed it. Regrowing everything, night after night. Soon, it became a paradise for her, a place where she felt safe to just be herself.

It had been her staging point for numerous excursions, where she traveled like a ghost, unseen, but present. Into mortals Dreams she went, adding tiny tweaks here and there to those who were obvious struggling. The tweaks subtitle, but powerful enough to help them along their journey, to heal a bit from their depression. It had become cathartic in a way, helping others overcome their sadness while secretly battling her own. But it worked for her, it gave her purpose and reason, and it gave her strength.

‘I breathe in the atmosphere
Let it wash over my fear
Of these heights as I transcend
And become whole again
I breathe in the atmosphere
Lеt it take me out of herе
I won't live life in the rain
Waiting on the sky to change’

Through that strength, she had felt her connection with the Wyrd grow. And as that connection grew, her Dreams became more vivid, more about her time…There. Memories she didn’t know she had begun to creep into the pleasant space she had built. Like a rot or mold snaking its way up a wall and branching out. It had been difficult to notice at first, but over the past couple months, it made itself known. The nightmares becoming more and more frequent. Ones she had thought she had beat, gotten over, became worse.

And the Nix fought it. Digging deep into herself and her knowledge of Dreams to try and retake her world. But that world was changing, ever so slightly at first.

‘I'm done running towards
The eyes of tornadoes
Pretending this is hope’

It was those changes that she physically felt that woke her with a panicked start. It felt like a punch in the gut as she sat straight up, gasping for air. A frantic hand fumbles to turn on the bedside lamp, the warm light illuminating the bedroom. Nervous eyes look around, looking for a threat or one of Them, maybe her Keeper. Finding nothing, a shaky breath was taken as she tried to calm herself, a trembling hand pushing tangled hair out of her face. Only to come back with a handful of her long golden and silver spun hair.

Heart racing, hands begun to move around her head, coming back with more and more handfuls. Blankets were violently kicked off as she jumped out of bed to rush into the bathroom, where she was met with a vision that makes her scream. Her hair, her beautiful hair was falling out in chunks creating a patchy appearance.

As the screams continued, with no one to run in and comfort her, the pain set in. Her scalp burned as if it was on fire, her eyes stung as if salt water had filled them. In a frantic rush, she turned the shower on and threw herself in it. The scream continued as she saw her long beautiful hair circling the drain as drops of blue fell in the water.

Falling against the wall, she slides down, translucent hands trying to grab at the hair disappearing down the drain. Tears mixed with water as she cried, screamed, pleaded, not knowing what was going on. Her throat was raw as her vision slowly darkened, and she gave into the darkness, welcoming the released from the pain.

Glimpse for Wyrd 5