Aurora
Status
Chambers
Status
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

PRE

Shrugging to the others who wanted to end the deadlock by just skipping to the next topic in a to Philip quite unprofessional manner, without giving him the chance to say his piece on these latest developments. So he continued in his pleasant-slash-neutral deadpan expression.
    "You raise some good points. The guard dog in the house metaphor seems to be a death-star level weakness I didn`t even consider. And the question what the point of it is, next to the existing defenses. Is debatable in my opinion, but certainly has some merit, too. To be clear, I only supported Corn`s idea insofar as that the risks were negligible and it didn`t turn into a half-measure. And on top of your previous points- if it`s just Corn and me on this and there`s no big Consilium-wide group-ritual component in addition to the Thaumium, then that`s what it is to me- a half-measure. Because I agree, this should be incredibly hard for a single mage to alter. But I still think the general idea to improve defenses is a good one and shouldn`t be dismissed completely. If nothing else as a threat assessment and feasibility study."
    he said, briefly looking to Corn apologetically, breaking deadpan, before resuming it and continuing.
    "As for fight training, I suppose that has merit. But even in such a setting, could the even-less-strongly-built-robots-for-this-purpose be commandeered away from you and become the problem we just discussed?"
    he asked Corn, frowning.
    "But the idea itself is admirable. And I`ll gladly take you up on the paintball idea."
    he said, still fully turned to Corn, but adressing his comments openly as suggestions to everyone, before continuing, speaking more directly only to him.
    "But I`d gladly sit down with you sometime to continue brainstorming ideas for defenses, if you`d be interested."
    he said enthusiastically, before turning to Aurora.
    "But for the moment, yes. What we`re left with is vigilance, being aware of what`s around us and trusting in the Circle`s defenses. And I guess an active defense recon mission idea ties into the Hallows and Ley lines project, as I see it. So ok. With that, I`d say that settles that discussion for the time being, for me at least."
    With that, Philip agreed to end that discussion for the time being, unless others had questions or comments to what he`d just said.
    "So, leadership? As far as I`m concerned, nothing really needs to be changed at the moment in my view, unless you have a specific reason for suggesting otherwise? If that changes, I propose to re-visit the issue."
    he asked, shrugging, but nodding to Corn in general agreement. Winter was gone and with him, much of the leadership discussion as Philip agreed Corn rightfully pointed out, despite knowing next to nothing about him, leaving Philip still somewhat distrustful. He didn`t trust Aurora to turn him into a fish at some point anyway and the Thyrsus seemed too prone to anger and emotions. Meanwhile Corn was a loose cannon anyway, who openly admitted to his conflict of interest when he joined. And Chambers? He was mature, certainly, and his opinions on the Moros were rapidly improving. But he still wasn`t quite sure about him in a leadership role. And besides, he appreciated having at least some measure of power in this semi-democratic system they currently had in place and he did not want to relinquish his agency without a good reason.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( ) Speed: 10, Defense 7, Armor 0

2. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

And then came Chambers with the voice of reason. Having had this discussion in the past, she wasn’t as eloquent as Chambers was.

“As much as I would like to talk about item three, without Winter here, I don’t feel we can have a full discussion. His words and wisdom are valuable to it.” She wanted everyone to have a say in it, because Winter could be against it, and she wanted give him that chance.

As far as she was concerned, she was done with the discussion of the damn robot and the defenses of an already defended Circle. So she doesn’t answer Corn.

“If you truly want to work on fighting, there is nothing compared to going against another Awakened. An enemy in a fight is unpredictable and there is no comparison. Plus, you don’t have to have an Arrow to train in fighting, anyone can fight, no need to limit ourselves because there isn’t an Arrow. Hell, you could even train in a gym with a boxer or whatever.” Why does everyone think you needed an Arrow to learn to fight?

“I said my peace on the leadership talk, without all of us here, there isn’t a discussion.” At least, not from her. “We either all have a say, or we simply put it on the agenda for another time.”

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Exactly if an ill intended mage can get in and do rituals we need to be wary of traps, like a repurposed robot or anything else. Hence the want for greater awareness. A conclusion they seem to be coming round on. ''If you want to use an automation with a limited duration for training purposes I can't see any sound objection to that.'' At least it is more proactive then entirely off loading the task. ''Although personally I'll stick to my bike.'' Learning to fight isn't something I can realistically squeeze in on top of everything else.

Looking from one mage to the next. Very well. ''Well that more or less moves us past that. Another time then.'' But briefly to Philip. ''While yes what we have works for us now. Putting structures in place should we see an influx of arrivals would be more beneficial then having to ad hoc something on the fly. To my mind that is more the nature of conversation to be had.'' Not about direct and immediate change but for future proofing.

So with some clarification on acknowledgement laid out. No significant changes to circle defences beyond increased vigilance and a workout robot and tabling leadership for another time. ''We are making pretty good time so, If we are putting the leadership talks on hold until all of us are present as both Corn and Aurora have stated would be best shall we move to item four?'' Behold the fruits of reasonable and engaged discussion.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

To Philip he replied "I would be there, Philip. Whomever is interested would arrange a with me meeting here. Then, that person would have to give me like half an hour to animate the Automatons, give them armor and such, and arm them with training batons or paint-guns. If you want them armed with tazer-guns, you would have to bring them yourself. After that person had his or her fill of fighting robots, I would drop the spell and they would be manniquins again and go to a closet."

To Aurora he said "I agree although guns are more my thing. But as an Awakened, if possible, I would use my automatons to fight along with me. Although I wouldn't use mannequins, I would conjure a tank, hide behind it, and animate it." he said with a smirk. Then, in case he was misunderstood he clarified. "I am not serious. For one, that wouldn't work as the tank wouldn't have ammo. Animating Mannequins is less impressive but less paradox-heavy."

To Chambers he replies "Yeah, leadership discussions without winter are bad form. I am covered. Although I see you left out the paintball games when I was looking forward to send some paint your way..." he said with a mischievous smile. "We can proceed to item four... can you elaborate a bit more with what you would have in mind as a 'written records' ? And what would it take to make sure it is not tampered with? I think putting such a record to the Aethernet would prohibit mostly everyone from altering the records. "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Nodding to Corn in satisfaction at his explanation, he chimed in.
    "I mean it makes sense, limited duration, duh. For starters it might be less difficult, too. But eventually I`d love to train against you directly, too. Some sparring might do me some good, because I`ve no clue with that."
    And of course, to Philip, Corn just revealing some of his tricks spoiled some of the surprise and fun. So not cool. in Philip`s eyes. Nodding to Aurora and Corn again on the subject of leadership, he agreed completely.
    "Yeah, let`s move past the leadership discussion. Because yep, without Winter we could never be quorum on that subject. So that leaves us with written records. And then Ley lines, and then the cook out? Or am I missing something?"
    he asked, trying to remember the last agenda points from memory and looking to the others if he missed something. After a beat, he continued.
    "So written records, first of all, who`d create `em? Do we choose one, does someone volunteer, do we do it together? And Aethernet to prevent alterations seems like the way to go. You guys could even take a second copy and lock it in your Mysterium section to safeguard it further? And I mean that as a serious suggestion."
    Nodding to Corn before giving the Mystagogues a questioning look, still in his good-natured deadpan expression. Hoping they`d take it as the serious suggestion it was meant to be and not a jest. Because it wasn`t really meant as a jest. And yet he was Free Council and did not like their sealing of records. But he couldn`t deny that sealed records were harder to steal too, and something as important as the records they were discussing had to be made permanent. And if anyone was the records-keeping section, it had to be them. Except when you remove the lock from the door. Then it`s free real estate. he thought, ever-so-slightly concerned. Because on top of everything, Corn had been the one to raise the Aethernet idea.

9. Likes , liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“While I agree with you Chambers, the sooner we figure something out the better, I feel Winter will have beneficial insight to offer.” But it sounded like it was agreed on the shelf it.

A simple nod in agreement to move on.

Shrugging, “Then by all means, have fun.” The smirk not returned. Joking about such things was not in her personality. If he wanted to risk his life, fine, not her problem.

“I understand the importance of having a history to reflect upon, I have to agree with Corns question, how to we make sure it’s not messed with or accessed?” pausing, “Except that part, how to do you feel having it there will prevent someone from altering it? With the right training and Arcana, anything is possible.” Including on the net.

Then to Philip, “It’s not about the Mysterium having a hard copy, because if there are hard copies, each Order should have one. So I vote if we have a written record, each Order possessing a copy, nothing online.” Too much can go wrong. “That being said, I’m not even sure a written record is wise.”

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

He nods. It's clear this conversation will be for another time. ''There's nothing to be gained by trying to force the topic today so yes another time.'' In the most technical sense that does make three points covered so far.

Now that had the ring of something interesting. ''Person on person sparring definitely sounds like a good way to improve.'' Closer to the real thing, having to content with a thinking mind. ''That I might find a way to cram into my calendar.'' To Corn. ''Although paintball is not really my thing I'm afraid.'' With no interest in guns. ''My focus is in on other pursuits at the moment.'' And there's enough of those as it is.

Okay not quite what I had in mind. ''The reason I would like to have these records is because every Consilium keeps records of previous rulings and precedents set to aid and advise them in future endeavours.'' A history yes but also an important tool. ''I was thinking of creating something that could be stored here.'' He waves a hand at the empty book shelf the board leans against. ''Something mages could study from.'' As almost every Consilium has. ''Usually I think the ladder would safeguard such things but.'' Well the hey not is obvious. ''But it would be as safe as any other library or tome.'' That being said. ''Of the many things I am working towards the ability to write in supernal script, using mana instead of ink to record, ranks rather highly.'' To write in truth. ''We have said there is no such thing as a perfect defence but it would be more effective then something recorded by hand.'' And until then. ''Once I have that ability I could convert hand written documents from the meetings that required such. And of course anything I write.'' I imagine it will fall to me. ''Will of course be something each of you can scrutinize for errors.'' Best to be kept honest after all.
    Health
    Mana

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn doesn't have much to add to the developing discussion but he does make an effort. " @Aurora , I think we were told that the Aethernet cannot be tampered by Sleepers - or even mages - without the hacker taking over the group of Libertines that operates it. The Free Council would probably know more about how secure it is. As for hard copies, they are actually easier to tamper with but if someone breaks in here, they already know we are here. "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

15. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

He gave Chambers a smile and a nod of agreement when he also agreed to the sparring idea. And another, this time to all three, to table the leadership discussion.
    "Great. Sparring it is. I`ll definitely make time for that. That sounds exciting."
    he said. After all, that would be his chance to face some strong Moros, and just in general up his combat capabilities. He felt the Thyrsus was beyond him at the moment, though, even sparring-wise. And that was despite not knowing anything about her, except that she was a second-degree master and just scary. So he avoided suggesting to her to join them in their sparring sessions.
    "That makes sense. Keeping track of precedents to avoid ambiguities and settle disputes? If that`s what you`re thinking of? Because I was thinking more in terms of a general historical chronicle and not limited to precedent, decisions and rulings."
    he asked, before answering Corn neutrally.
    "While it`s from my experience absolutely true what you say Corn, regarding the safety and reliability of the Aethernet. But if there`s no interest for it then it is what it is and I`ll take what I can get, as far as I`m concerned."
    He then went back to the idea of a physical record after not so much shooting down Corn`s idea of the Aethernet as acquiescing to the demands of Aurora and Chambers and being pragmatic. Perhaps to even get some bonus points with them, or at least to not appear overly swayed by Corn. Corn certainly has some Free Council ideas. The right ideas, and I support his idea completely, obviously. But what good would that do us? Locking down this discussion in a 2-v-2 deadlock again after the failed discussion with the robot? he reasoned. After all, there`s no stopping anyone from posting the record on the Aethernet anyway, later, with or without their consent.
    "So for the time being, a physical record, then? And only one copy of it, placed here in the common area? I mean, if you`re the one volunteering to create the record, Chambers, I can certainly see the reasoning that you should be able to decide how many copies you want to make. But I still like Aurora`s idea of each order getting one."
    he said frowning, before continuing.
    "But I do have a question for you and I mean no disrespect or offense and I want to be clear on this. But how will I be able to proof-read the document once you transfer it over to `supernal script written in truth`, if I don`t have the necessary arcana to do so?"

17. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

When did she become so untrusting? Where along the way did, she start not putting faith or stock into what others wanted to do? It was hard to pinpoint, but a few things stood out to her.

“What will happen to the written documents from meetings?” she saw a few holes to such a thing, but she was done fighting with everything they wanted to do.

To Corn, “Or if that group is already corrupt.” It could happen to any group, rogue groups, corrupted by power. “I just don’t trust one group to be the only ones to hold such documents. The more Orders that have access to it, the more accurate and secure they are.” Keeps everyone honest.

Where the sparring seemed to take off, “I’ll have my number on the board, in case some gets hurt and needs more then just basic first aid.” But she was not offering to spar, only heal if need be. But she guessed some of them knew some basic Life, so she probably wouldn’t be needed.

Nodding to Philip, seemed he agreed with her on each Order getting copies.

19. Likes liked this post
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread