Aurora
Status
Chambers
Status
Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Nodding to Corn.
    "Any time. And I mean it, you guys too. I`d be happy to help when you need it."
    he said, trying to make himself at least somewhat useful.
    The `Great rights versus Cabal` discussion was not something Philip cared about. And in any case, they couldn`t really make any decision on that, so he tuned out when they talked about that. But he did take notice of Aurora also demanding digital info also stay in the Circle. This irked him as she joined Chambers in that assertion. He figured if he pretended to give his silent assent without nodding or speaking on that issue, it would be harder to accuse him of lying if he then eventually acted against this by distributing the consilium history on the Aethernet anyway. Not that he was going to, he just felt irked by their Mysterium doctrine and obstinancy.
    "A body of law? What laws are you talking about? The standard, orare there specific ones we should be talking about?"
    he asked, curious what he actually meant and if there were any specific new laws he wanted passed while they were on the subject. But he did nod when Chambers also agreed to not interfere with another Awakened`s business. But Chambers stating his Hallow location so obviously to everyone present was a bit surprising. Granted he knew of it, but now everyone did. That was quite a departure from what he`d come to expect from Chambers and his rigid adherence to his `protocols`. After all, Corn and Aurora certainly would not reciprocate as they had said in no uncertain terms. And Aurora`s lack of a response about her capabilities was disappointing, but expected as well.
    "As for mapping. Yep, grid or section off Sacramento and the sorrounding area and teams of two sounds about right? As for who`ll keep the maps, I`d say either central copy or each Order gets one, like with the Consilium records?"
    he asked, before continuing slightly annoyed.
    "And if we aren`t using digital things to speed things up or the collection of data, then I guess a central map here is what we`d be left with. Without going into a discussion about freedom of information transfer, that is. Where you know my opinion on."
    saying that last part to Chambers and sighing exasperatedly as he did so. He also underlined that he disagreed with Aurora and Chambers on the digital documents part. color=green]After all, the others seemed to have to find a way to make easy things difficult for no reason.[/color] he thought.
    "As for the strength of the gauntlet."
    he said, turning to face Aurora.
    "From what I gather we talked about earlier, I understand you said dealings with ephemeral entities would be inadvisable to say the least. Did I understand that correctly? So as for monitoring the strength of the gauntlet, might be a useful info to have? Don`t really think I can do that with what I`ve got, though. So I`d have to ask how many of you guys could or would help with that part."
    he asked, unsure if they would be willing to share, or assist with that endeavour. But he at least expected Aurora could, if she could be convinced to help with that.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( ) Speed: 10, Defense 7, Armor 0

2. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She didn’t have anything to add to what Chambers said, he had the right understanding.

“As far as Gauntlets are concerned, monitoring them is pretty easy. Is there something, aside from ghosts, that you are concerned with or looking for?”

However, to Corn, “The Right of Sanctum is for Cabals, it protects Cabals and those under their care. It does not offer protections for what is considered, a solitary. Every aspect of the Great Rights clearly states it is for Cabals and Cabals only. This pushes the principle that we, as a society, are stronger together and not alone. You want the protections the Lex offers; you form a Cabal.” Plain and simple. “That being said, I don’t think anyone here is asking for the direct location of your Sanctum. Just be aware, that if it is found, it is on you, and you alone to defend it.” Being solo was dangerous.

“Keeping them wit the same procedure as the records sounds like a smart way to go about it.” Having the mapped ley lines and hallows in the wrong hands was just bad all around.

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Looking to Philip. Come now that should be obvious. Yet he remains calm, he won't be baited into petty squabbles today. ''I mean that if we want laws beyond the provisions of the Lex such as for example. The great rights to apply in equal measure to acknowledged solitaires as they do cabals, with the bounds of Sacramento. We need a charter.'' We aren't a Consilium without one. ''We will need one when it comes to appointing positions or leadership regardless.'' So I guess its good to be talking about what else we want to include in it. ''But that has the potential to be several entirely different conversations and deviating from our current topic which ...'' Looking out a window at the receding light. ''We might want to try and avoid doing if we can.'' We can devote a whole Meeting to those topics further down the road. For now one step at a time.

Listening as Aurora lays out the law. Literally in this case. A small smile of appreciation is given. Its nice to know he was not the only one around that valued their laws and history enough to know them.

Well by and large that seems to be fairly easy. ''So carve up a map. Organise in pairs as and when we can make it work. Keep the records central here in the circle with copies. '' Oh. Joy. ''For each order represented.'' I see the benefit by oh boy that's going to be a lot of work. ''Detail as much as we can, depending on who is present, regarding Hallows, loci, nodes, ghosts, spirts and and the gauntlet. Along with anything else we happen across that is worth noting.'' Which could be oh so very many countless things. ''Does that sum up our plans?'' Because if so I think we have a good starting point. He leans back, tentatively hopeful that they have in fact worked through in one sense or another each item on the agenda.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"We used to consider cabals as three or more mages that officially declare themselves a cabal; at the current numbers in Sacramento, it is quite difficult to form a cabal. " he said simply to Chambers and Aurora but didn't press the subject; the Lex was the Lex. "Do you also agree with the pairing up, Aurora?"

To Chamber's question he says "Yes, I think that is a pretty good summary. I could help with the copies, if needed."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Nodding to Chambers, he replied.
    "Makes sense. But as you say, that`s a different conversation. And one I`d say we need Winter for. I was just curious if there was anything additional that was specific and urgent enough we needed to adress right now, but everything you said makes sense, so never mind. So I guess that settles that for the time being. "
    It had just been curiosity, and Chambers had answered him honestly like he`d come to expect from him.
    "As for copies. Sounds about right. Each order gets one would be my idea too. Let`s just keep things simple. Perhaps even group the map and the Consilium histories together? Not as one project, but as a way to make it easy to give a copy to each represented Order. But you raise a good point. The more details the better. But still, not everyone has the same capability to monitor the same phenomena. So having some phenomena covered in some sectors and not covered in others because of differences in Arcana specialties risks creating a patchwork. But I guess we can fill in the blanks as we go along."
    he said shrugging. Corn`s offer to help with copies gets a nod. I guess Chambers can rest easier if Corn`s helping him too. he thought, relieved it stayed a group effort and no one person was taking point on this.
    Aurora`s explanation of the right of Sanctum and Cabals was certainly interesting, but while it was an interesting FYI, he thought it was inappropriate to start that conversation without Winter present, even as a clarification. He did not say anything to that effect, merely nodding interestedly as what she was saying in some ways mirrored Chambers. And her point about defending a Hallow solo mirrored what he himself had said earlier, about the lack of support when being in the position of being alone. Except, she put it much more directly and eloquently than he did.
    "I don`t know if I`m into forming a Cabal yet, myself. Sure I`ll help you guys as I said, but I`m not sure I`d go that far."
    he said, frowning. That was a commitment he couldn`t get behind while staying true to himself.

9. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“That was how it used to be done, yes. So while our current numbers make that difficult, if it’s something we want changed, or implemented, it requires a Charter stating it. Without it, we find ourselves in a limbo of sorts and those with Hallows will be tasked with defending it on their own.” It was simple to her.

“But if we wanted a more in-depth discussion, then I have to recommend we do so at a time when everyone is present. Such a discussion is best with all parties present and giving their thoughts and opinions.” Their numbers were too low to pass anything without a majority.

“If it’s decided that going out in pairs is best, then I’m ok with it. Safety in numbers and all that.”
    Nodding to Philip, “Forming a Cabal is a big step and not something to rush. But they also come with great benefits to those who form them.”

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

He sits back. Good precedent always helps. ''Yes that is the most common way I'm aware of regarding cabals.'' He nods to Aurora's bit about them being a big step. ''I'm not suggesting we start forming up.'' It's not for everyone. ''Only explaining we have no right under the Lex to claim the benefits of being in one without doing so unless unless we have put a charter in place that covers it.'' While it seems to have fallen to me to have extend my trust the most to get things moving I am not willing nor have the time for such a commitment as that.

Philip comment is met with a shrug of what can you do. ''Ideally we would know everything about every nook and cranny.'' But that won't happen. ''We will have to settle on having a working knowledge, something is better the nothing.'' With so few it will already be quite the task to manage. ''There is nothing stopping us filling out the details that we can't get to later down the line.'' But it might give the more community minded of us direction to pursue in terms of their own self improvement. Something he had not considered before.

''That would be appreciated Corn.'' A smile is given to his fellow Moros. Even incomplete, detailing a city multiple times would be painstaking to do alone.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"I don't have anyone in mind for a cabal either." Corn says simply. When things moved on and with the meeting ending, he turned to Aurora .
    "Aurora, considering we would do scouting in pairs, would you like to team up? I have a couple of things I would like to discuss as well and doing that while looking for lay lines and hallows seems efficient."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

"As for mapping, besides checking out the place itself, marking it down and reporting back, I`m not much good helping out copying physical maps, though I`ll learn. Digital mapping and stuff I`d do, but there doesn`t seem to be much interest in that."
    And that was all the help Corn and Chambers would get from him, if they`d accept it, besides joining the actual mapping missions themelves which was a given to Philip.
    Chambers` answer about eventually filling everything out was met with a shrug. As was their mentioning of Cabals again. He`d said his piece on the matter and he would not be drawn into joining or forming one, or a longer discussion on the matter and its` whys and why-nots. What the Mystagogues did was up to them, an idea Philip inwardly scoffed at though he wasn`t surprised. They were quite a dominant bloc in the Consilium after all, with at least two masters. And that was despite still not knowing the Order affiliations of Winter or Witch. Or details about the arcane capabilites and potential masteries of Witch, Winter and Chambers. Corn calling first dibs on teaming up with Aurora was surprising. Granted, he did want to still apologise in private for his fauxpas with her during the previous month, but still.
    "If you guys are teaming up, then I guess it`s me and Chambers, if you`re up for it?"
    he asked, looking first questioningly to Aurora to see if she was cool with Corn`s suggestion, before glancing over to Chambers to see if he`d be willing to team up with him. He didn`t mind it, being good friends with Chambers from his previous experiences with him. But he also felt that Aurora and Corn both being quite accomplished masters might exacerbate the patchwork issue he mentioned, unless Chambers was secretly a master too.
    I guess we`re gonna have to do a double-sweep from the get-go. But I suppose we`ll run into that problem for whatever `team` Aurora isn`t on regardless, and I doubt she`s down for that.
    he thought exasperatedly. That was one can of worms he didn`t wanna open, but was afraid they might have to, eventually.
    But there was one additional subject he wanted to bring up, while they were on the subject of mapping stuff. And that was a more active search for Seers and abyssal threats in Sacramento.
    "I believe I hinted at this earlier, but there was one more matter I`d like to have your opinion on. It has something to do with mapping as well, but a slightly different take on it. And that is that I`d like to propose, either as an addendum to the Hallows and Ley Lines mapping idea or as a seperate one. The possibility of scouting for Seers and abyssal adversaries more specifically, so we know more about what we`re currently up against. I know we`ve mostly agreed the defenses of the Circle are sound as they are. But I`d argue the situation of them not caring could change in the future, and the more we know the better. So what do you guys think? Good idea, bad idea, any thoughts?"

16. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A quick shake of her head, “No, of course not. I just wanted to make sure it was clearly understood how it worked, as there seemed to be questions about it.” And some other basic shit too.

The part of about this that pissed her off, she is couldn’t go off old knowledge. Things had changed so much; the information was useless.

“Again, that would depend on what you wanted to discuss.” Not committing to anything.

“I can give coping the maps down a go.”
    She wasn’t sure how good she’d be, that would be one of those wait and see things.

"Such an investigation comes with numerous pros,"
    a pause, "and cons. I'm not sure we have the time to really dive into both sides. But I see it as being something worth talking about."

18. Likes liked this post
Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread