Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

PRP: DYLF: Back to the lounge

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 13, 2023 : PRP: Die Young Live fast: The Lounge
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Corn checks the phone with a smirk... that immediately disappears. And then is replaced by not-well-conceiled shock.
    Sooo many possibilities and all of them bad.

"Dude, I didn't know the crypto we were in fell so fast! Man, this is shocking. Thank you for making me aware." he said.
    "I think you are right that the cryptocurrency we tried is probably dead. But I would like to check if our prospects are dead either or something..." Will he get it?

First order of business, some defense.
    3 successes

With shield on, Corn proceeds to give himself the Grim Sight.
    2 successes

Last but not least, Corn moves to examine the health of the 'model's' soul... even if she has one. The emanicipation and losing of herself over the previous years brought a lot of concerns with it. She could not be a revenant cause that was (probably) not the same body. She could be a clone. She could actually be the original and the model of the past 3 years could be the patsy. And a more.
    If she is a Tremere, we are done for. Corn thinks.
    4 successes

4 successes to check the health of her soul. I don't do scrutiny yet with grim sight, nor I analyze with Soul marks. Thus, Corn doesn't stare on the model - yet.
    If I have the time to cast, I have more spells to cast.

spells and effects

For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Philip monitored Corn`s response carefully. He got slightly annoyed by Corn`s failure to hide his astonishment, although he knew it was a perfectly reasonable reaction to his mountain of evidence. And he immediately caught on to what Corn was saying, seeing as they needed some sort of code to communicate. And advice on forex (foreign exchange rates) as well as speculative cryptocurrencies were just some of the services he provided to his clients. So he responded:

"Agreed. And a sound idea. Tough luck, as it is. We might as well try to get something out of it. We need to open up a new account, anyway. Otherwise we`re sitting ducks as these assets explode through the roof, here. Should we discuss it further in the car? What do you think? Or should we continue this here?"

he asked, gesturing to his phone and beckoning him to type his opinions on the current situation on his phone in the space he indicated, a new page reserved exclusively for Corn`s opinion. He was curious whether he got the pun about Mothisa`s `assets`, aka her allies, or his suggestion to isolate Mothisa and take her to his car. Corn`s suggestions meanwhile were good, and got a nod of understanding and approval as he spoke. But they were what he`d expect of any decent moros with the evidence he gave him. Furthermore, they were some of the conclusions he`d already come to from his research, an analysis from the Death arcanum`s perspective. And he`d planned to ask Witch the same about it anyway.

Then, he tried casting Sybils Sight himself only to screw up, not being centered enough and with his thoughts about his double entendres taking up more than he realised. Meanwhile he was hoping Corn would eventually take his phone, understand what he wanted him to do with it and start typing out his thoughts which were a response to his evidence, without relying on code.
    Embarrassing in the company of a master. he thought, frustrated when he failed Sybils Sight. He played off the spellcasting attempt and attempt to focus as mundane headscratcher-slash-frustration at Corn`s comments about the Crypto market, before trying again.

failure

Fate, fortunately, did not fail him a second time. And so, feeling the immersion take effect, he began discreetly looking around, making sure not to look at Mothisa, while staying beside Corn and hoping he`d type out his reactions in his phone.

2 successes
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

4. Likes , liked this post

Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe, Vice: HE STOLE MY THING
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

The mages light up their patterns with the glow of golden glyphs pulling supernal truth into the reality of the fallen world and are bombarded by a plethora on interesting information:

Corn: Now wrapped in the inviable aegis of matter to protect him the knowing spells are immediately informative. The state of the soul is almost certainly unlike anything he has seen. A soul is present in Mothisha's body but it is blurry like seen through a haze or translucent barrier. Not damaged, no that it bears no marks of madness or degeneration but it cannot be seen clearly.

Secondly as per the innate function of grim sight, as he steals a glance at the target of discussion something resonates with truth, a golden ring on her right middle finger imprints strongly into twilight -- Corn knows from his sight this ring anchors a ghost.

Philip: Peeling back the lie to behold the complex interwoven tapestry of fate revels The threads of resonance wrap more strongly around Mothisa almost like ropes or chains catching and dragging. They look heavy and restrictive.

Most importantly with these casual glances (no scrutiny or perception rolls) it does not seem she reacts to the use of magic in her immediate vicinity, instead drinking about half of her drink before taking what's left of it back onto the dance floor, where people quickly start trying to dance wit her again only to receive the same half attention, a kind of social rebuff.

Reuban Brigh

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

(Analyze life)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

Corn types on his own phone a reply to Philip.

I don't feel comfortable even with this form of communication. Others may see behind our back what we write. The Assets you described are not always clear to the eye, they are of an ephemeral nature. We cannot see them right now, but I will look for them. A discussion in the car is in order, it is much more private. But I will need to check two more things.

Corn, with a beer in a hand, looks at the pretty dancing girls, hoping that focusing on a stunning woman won't draw too much attention, he is far from the only one.

After spending a few seconds checking the dancing woman that should not be dancing, Corn takes a swig from his beer and turns to Philip, "Chuckle as if I said a joke..." he says to the other mage with fake smile.
    A few seconds later he turns his gaze back to the beautiful woman dancing and rebuffing male attention. Who could suspect?

first, soul marks analysis: Soul Mark analysis
    3 successes

Then, Scunity of her pattern (I added a +1 for death)
    1 success

Letting the spell that deciphers soul marks end, Corn brings a different imago in his mind. This one, requires mana. He could theoretically use the rote he has for just this reason, but his knowledge of the human body is lacking, to say the least. And they have to know if she is a human being (perhaps possessed? Perhaps dominated?) or a living thing or ... not a living thing.

Analyze life, not trying to figure her species, just if she is human.
    1 success

Whatever the spell finds or doesn't find, Corn let's it dissipate as he moves to a different, a bit more dangerous kind of observation. Before he does, he warns Philip.

I will look for something that should not be on this side.

With a nod to the other mage, Corn brings in his mind the imago, forms it and his awakened will makes it happen, allowing him the ability to see ghosts and even speaks to them. Casually, he looks at the crowd around Mothisha for the ghost, trying to not be obvious and to not attract the ghost's attention.

Speak with ghosts:
    2 successes

Reuben, is the anchor ring the same as the one in the pictures, the one she and that Darren person wore?

spells and effects

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

It would have been nice to have free info on his phone though, regarding Corn`s opinion, after giving him so much free info too. But that wasn`t to be as he grabbed his own phone, typed his responses and showed it to Philip. Corn raised some valid points. He`d not considered the ephemeral nature of Mothisa`s assets well enough, despite his experiences in the morgue. An oversight on his part.

"Sounds good, we can discuss this further in the car, and then come back for drinks?"

he suggested. After all, it seemed his idea about isolating Mothisa was not properly understood and he understood Corn to mean a general discussion about the events would be needed in the car. Any form of communication about what they were discovering was off-limits for the time being on these premises, and he was annoyed at himself for having asked him to write his opinion, despite the obvious risks, including ephemerally-spied-on communications. Corn`s comment about chuckling and his warning is understood immediately and he complies.

"Hahahahahaha. Good one."

he said, letting out a long chuckle that was genuine enough, although the situation was no laughing matter. After all, even without scrutiny it was clear the webs of fate centered on and indeed opressively chained whatever was on stage being Mothisa. The lack of reaction to their magic from the individual was duly noted, letting Philip`s hackles go up. After all, as Corn said, her ephemeral assets could pose a serious problem for them. He had no doubt that there was someone or something that understood who Corn and he were if they could locate Corn and him. So it seemed an advantage to find them before they found them in turn.

So Corn`s investigation of the things on the other side was appreciated. After all, Philip knew nothing of Death or Spirit besides the fact that these arcana existed and their rough areas of purview- enough to know he was mostly defenseless in that arena and totally out of his depth here. So he did what he could with Sybils Sight, just looking around at anything that might catch his attention, looking at the partygoers while doing his best to look flabbergasted at Corn`s joke and continue to look concerned about their fake discussion about Crypto-currencies, so much so that he suggested continuing it in his car.

1 success

He`s fine with Corn taking point on this as the more experienced mage.
    As long as he`s not a credit-hog! Granted, he`s a master Moros. Hopefully he`s not also a master at being a moron, because then he will be a master at getting caught!
    he thought scoffing inwardly, using the Star Wars quote to only slightly lighten his mood. After all, Philip had gone through days-long extensive preparations for this current showdown and now it seemed to him like Corn thought he owned the place.

10. Likes liked this post

Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

Corn: As cycle spells through your pattern ever more information, parts to the puzzle unfurl before you. The soul in question seems shrouded in something, hard to glimpse even with the truth laid bare but you manage to see through this distortion and determine the soul that inhabits this body has no derangements but is ... suppressed? sleeping? Not the driving force that's for sure.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this, I don't think 2e sight gives the bonus dice as that is the effect of the 1e spell. 2E enables scrutiny and gives a bunch of passive benefits just for having it on. -- Regardless --- The moment of intense staring where Mothisa is your sole focus to the exclusion of most other things in your surroundings on a single sux can tell you the nature of what you look at and its confusing like multiple readings are interfering with each other. Definitely not awakened that you can determine for sure, But hints of human and inhume mix, of mortal and ghost entwine.

Further confused by the information made known to him from delving into the knowing practice of life. The physical body is human, female, aged 24. The truth of life reading through the scents, signs, shapes in the body things that life places absolute truth on.

And finally casting his eyes into that grey space behind what can be seen, the place ghosts walk unseen to mortal eyes and, bingo. In place of beautiful young Indian women, sharing her space, inside her, as her, is a pale figure skeletal thin, every joint and bone in her frame stands out starkly, checks hollow pits, no stomach to speak of yet as she raises her arm to dance the physical body mimics in perfect timing, and the ghostly women has the same almost serene smile on that emancipated face.

Philip: Works naturally putting his people skills to good use to maintain the ruse and provide cover for Corn to cycle through spells like they are going out of fashion. All the while keeping his own eyes peeled. He notes that yes she wears the same ring as seen in the pictures on her right middle finger. The Hindu Ohm symbol wrought in gold. He notices that while those that are here seem to pay her attention or try to interact with her that none seem to be here with her, she dances alone in the crowd inspite of the efforts of others.

Reuban Brigh

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"Let's go to my car for a minute my friend. I think I forgot my other credit card fell there and I need to check. Two sets of eyes would help."
    Corn says. If Philip agrees, Corn leads him to his car. Under the pretense of looking under the seats and all, he quickly gives Philip the information - including his assumption that the ghost has possessed someone, which makes it a pretty dangerous ghost. He tells Philip the age of the woman - 24- and asks him whether Mothisa was of that age. He also notes that the body seems like Mothisa from before she started modeling and asks to see again the pictures of Mothisa - after - she started modeling to see if it was just a weight loss or more.

I didn't recall we use the 2e sights. That was a rule introduced as I left and I was not sure you go with it.

spells and effects

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Philip was surprised when Corn suggested they go to his car. After all, he`d already suggested they go to his own car. Catching his drift, but slightly taken aback, he responded:
    "Sure thing. Two pairs of eyes are better than one."
    giving him a slight frown. Nevertheless, after doing what Corn suggested, once they were alone and where Corn wanted to go he said in a hushed tone:
    ”Weren`t we gonna go to my car?”
    He suppressed a sneer and a `Did you even pretend to pay attention to what I was saying?`, but managed to compose himself despite his slight annoyance as they had more important things to talk about and Corn`s info was quite interesting, although it was actually briefly on his mind to call him out on it. But he followed Corn`s pretence and lead as best he could, handing him his order-too-slash-phone and highlighting the records that showed she was 27 when she died, and showed him pictures of the golden ring and Darren and Mothisa again. He let the question of `Why three years?` hanging in the air between them, unspoken. Both of them had after all independently discovered it was someone seeming to be the Mothisa that existed three years prior.

Continuing to follow Corn`s lead, he communicated to him in the same way Corn did while pretending to search his car, and described some of his experiences with the creature in the crematorium. He mentioned the strange, burnt-out entity, and the letters `I T B U R` that it wrote on the incinerator, feeling this was the time to mention this. He also clarified and communicated his idea of isolating the individual that looked like Mothisa and taking them to his car, that he hadn`t seen any of their allies and that fate seemed to literally be chaining and dragging them along too.
    After a beat, but still before they headed back, he added:

”So what do you suggest we do about it? What a scam that was, we really need to find out who the creator of that Crypto was, because man I hate his guts. After all, our latest investments aren`t even visible in our asset`s balance! What do you think of that? By the way, have you invested in crypto before this, or was our idea your first time?”

he asked, hopeful the master could provide some insight from his experiences with his question about whether Corn had `invested in Crypto before`, but also trying to get free information from him in the same Crypto-double entendre speak that served them well so far. He hoped Corn understood that `their investments not being visible in their asset`s balance` referred to their magic use in the establishment so far seemingly going unnoticed, and he wanted Corn`s opinion on this. At the very least he wanted to draw his attention to it, although he fully expected him to have noticed this too.
    After all, the mere fact that their extensive spell use was going unnoticed was leading Philip to start drawing conclusions. And one of them was that Mothisa was being controlled by someone or something, and they had to figure out who was pulling the strings, stop it, and cover up the breaches that already happened. After all, after the hacking attempt, even if it was unrelated to the Mothisa case, he was convinced that the abyss had an interest in the current situation.

15. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Accidentally double posted, because I thought I was posting in the Chambers` sanctum thread but noticed it before 5 mins so I deleted it. Hope this is ok. Anyway, Philip decides to just follow Corn`s lead.

17. Likes liked this post

Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

The two mages reconvene in Corns car and to trade information -- to help the conversation flow a bit better you two can ignore my marble until your back in the club, you will need to pay to go back in.

Reuban Brigh

Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread