Watch

(2403) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

He nods his agreement to what Winter says. He put it very well.

To Philip on the matter of drinks he says "I will go with the homebrew beer, personally. But I will certainly honor the cookies."

Then Philip calls Aurora out for ... he is not exactly sure what. He turns to Chambers and whispers "When did Aurora say that she will answer the questions? "

Ah. And then he sees the other Aurora. Yeah, he will keep his questions for later. As Aurora gets more and more heated in her answer he notices she mentions the artifact and bites his lip... he would be much happier if that didn't slip out. But he is sure everyone would mistake his discomfort over that as a reaction to Aurora's answer.
    And Aurora still leaves out what he thinks are some of her best accomplishments he takes a breath, thinking whether he should risk to add ... and decides not to. But it burns in his mind.

Once Aurora runs out of breath he ... nope. He doesn't say anything except "We all value your presence, Aurora." Well, except Puck, but he left. " Philip, the Acquisitor never promised answers, just that she will listen to questions." And I will tell them that Aurora speaks a bunch of languages that nobody else speaks at a different time. And they will find out about how good her beer is soon enough. No reason to risk swimming with the fishes.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He understood their fascination with the past, he's been a victim of it. But some things are better left unsaid, lest all that dwelling preclude the future.
    "The Circle has been there for a while, and it will likely survive many of us. Either way, the Seers attacked, we did our thing. Somebody else at a higher level did theirs, the timeline was changed. Now, I can appreciate a tale just like the next person, but it's all in the past and you ought to respect that some people may not want to share the full details. Let's just agree to move forward, since we have a lot of things to do to turn this city into a functional Consilium".

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

He goes to answer Philip's question with the easy answer Guinness, or anything else that's bitter. But holds off as the conversation takes an unexpected turn. Where Puck's jabs and rudeness had been met with cold indifference, Philips misunderstanding seemed to have had a very different effect on Aurora.

Corn's whisper getting caught in the acoustics might have been intentional or not but either way it probabaly helped as it offered an out, and it seemed the circle itself was not big on the idea of private conversation. Still he nods vigorously in agreement with his path mate. Then adding in a level and calm tone. ''Every mage is entitled to their secrets, there is no pressure on any of us to give answers to questions we can't or don't want to share.'' And to balance the scale. ''In that same instance nothing stops questions from being asked beyond respect for each others boundaries as we discover them.'' Emphasis give on the idea of discovering them. Not everyone in the room knows each other. The agreeing with Winter's contribution. Wise as always.

The array of what came out however and not just from Aurora but from the stone that was Winter, a fortress that they had been slowly chipping away at, was a surprise. Seer Pylons, Altered timelines, supernal artefacts. When it rains it pours doesn't it. An internal sigh. If only under better circumstances. ''Yes Winter quite so focusing on how to turn a handful of mages into a functional Consilium will be no small effort but one we can hopefully take some strides towards at the meeting.'' Looking between the mages. ''I for one am looking forward to when we get to work on mapping the ley lines and hallows, it'll give us a much clearer idea of what we are working with and changes to look for.'' A rather jarring change in subject but he felt that might be needed.

''And Philip drink wise anything bitter would go down a treat with me if we are placing orders.'' Sneaking that into the end of his attempts to pivot the conversation.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

It seems I inadvertently pissed off Mother Bear Thyrsus. Hopefully she will accept my groveling and not turn me into a fish, too. In for a pound, I guess. Lesson learned, gotta presume less in these circles.
    In comparison, Winter`s warning and statement almost seemed like an olive branch, and his free info was sweet candy as free info always was, in comparison to the bitter reality pill that Aurora delivered. He simply couldn`t do what Winter said, though. He couldn`t just ignore what he`d himself said and Aurora`s nuclear threat as a response.

”It seems we got off on the wrong foot. I was being dense and presumptuous and I inadvertently provoked you and for that I sincerely apologise.”

he then continued, processing the things Aurora had just said. Mastery of two arcana? Turning groups of Seers into fish at once and brutally executing them? A boast but also a nuclear threat. So he stated, trying to be as diplomatic as possible:

”To be honest, I don`t even know how to respond to what you just said. The truth is, to say my `accomplishments` pale in comparison to your mighty deeds would be an understatement. And I cannot possibly hope to equal the arcane secrets you just revealed per your protocol of Right Exchange at this time. With that said, I`ve no doubt you could destroy me with but a thought, being quite far from having mastered even a single arcanum yet, let alone two. And only being an initiate into the secrets of Life myself outside of my Ruling Arcana.”

He then briefly paused, flabbergasted. He simply didn`t know what to answer such a legend. They didn`t want praise and he had no way to impress them. Oh, and they`d indirectly threatened to turn him into a fish. And that was the type of individual he`d inadvertently slighted. He figured some additional info into his day job might be appropriate:

”I`m a member of the Free Council`s TELM trust. In my day job, I work in consulting, looking to see that money and power is distributed away from the Seers and towards Pentacle purposes. Although I`d like to say I`ve been successful in that endeavour it hasn`t exactly been noteworthy.”

”Anyway, while it cannot even begin to compare to what you said, I have my taboos too. So, while it took me a while because I`m dense, I understand your reaction. Because of this, I only hope to earn your forgiveness eventually for my foolishness earlier.”

After all, her outburst had revealed a weakness of her`s, and a considerable one. One he deliberately didn`t mention explicitely again, only describing it vaguely as `what you said.` He knew he did well to never mention it again in her presence, ever. Period. And that weakness was one he`d inadvertently tripped: It seemed she could quite easily be gotten into a rage by anyone knowledgeable enough to mention her losses during the Time War, or to question her judgement in general. She could then be manipulated from there. So he felt this was not the time or place to mention his aversion to stinking cadavers just to make up for it and equal the scales.
    That might just stir up memories of loss in the Thyrsus while we`re on the subject. And that was something he hoped to avoid.
    He then considered for a while. He simply didn`t know whether inviting her into his sanctum would be a good idea or bad. After all, he really just wanted to apologise in private and tell her he understood, but she was a woman after all. And so he decided against it. He`d make it up to her eventually, somehow.
    He then changed the subject after a long beat to hear Aurora`s response to his pretty-much-groveling, before acknowledging Chambers` attempt to change the subject:

”Something bitter for you, Chambers? Got it. I`ll think of something. Whats up with you guys Any favorites?” he asked, looking to the others expectantly before fully facing Aurora again and giving her an expectant look as if asking her what he could do further to make it up to her with his offer, or anything else for that matter. It was the best he could do to genuinely try to make it up to her for his mistakes.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

7. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A look to Corn, “There isn’t a need to use my title within the Mysterium here in the meeting. I would be more comfortable if you just called me Aurora.” It wasn’t said in a mean way, she was just tired and it felt…wrong…to have her title used in front of those not in the Order. Sure, she had introduced herself that way, but it wasn’t to be referred to as that.

There was a silent nod in thanks to Winter. He understood, he had been there. And there was a reason she didn’t bring up what happened in the Time War. A very personal reason.

The Shaman was thankful that Chambers said his peace, but changed the subject, “Yes, I’m also looking forward to mapping them. Did we,” a look to all present, “want to plan something? Like having everyone look in different places? Cover more ground that way.” Which would help.

Beer! New topic. “I don’t have any bitters currently being made, but I will have some lighter ales and maybe a hefeweizen if the numbers align in time.” By numbers, she meant gravity and all that.

Deep breath taken as Philip spoke, “Maybe we did, but you can’t go assuming what others will and will not answer. Some parts of our pasts are painful and we don’t want to relive them, and that’s ok. Some memories of events are private, and that is ok as well. Let others have their private memories without assuming things.” While some of her memories are not that painful, some are just hard for others to believe and she didn’t want to get into them. “Thank you for apologizing.” And she meant that, it took a lot to apologize.

A shake of her head, “I don’t want to destroy you, I don’t want to destroy anyone actually.” A bitter chuckle, “I’ve seen enough death. But I think you’ll achieve good things,” a pause, “in time.” Everything takes time.

Smirking, “What you do is noteworthy to those it matters to, don’t downplay what you do.” If it was said to impress her, it didn’t.

“There is nothing to forgive Philip, I’d be content if we just moved past it so we can work together later.” She didn’t want problems with others, she didn’t want drama…she was past that.

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

As the conversation moves to the Lay Lines, Corn turns to Winter "Do you recall, if anything had to do with tainted laylines? I am talking about the hoohaa with the LA consilium's rivalries spilling over here. I vaguely remember that lay lines were affected but I could remember wrong. " turning to the others "In any case, I am willing to follow the Lay Lines and do some mapping of them. We had started that project with Crystal in the past, but we didn't progress much."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

11. Likes liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"A couple accidents from a few years back, mostly limited to the farmland and the fields on the outskirt of the city. I also remember some sort of tainted hallow that we destroyed. Unrelated events though. Things eventually went back to normal and we didn't have the resources to investigate the causes", he shrugs

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

And as quickly as things escalated they seem to have cooled off. Just keep in mind that's a topic not to bring us casually.

Listening with interest to the information on the ley lines and hallows. More of the same it seems older unrelated problems that resolved, just as Witch said back in the summer.

Then to Auroras suggestion. ''Personally I would say pairing off to map them might be a wiser move if we don't know what we could encounter.'' Ley lines and hallows have a higher chance of encounter other interested parties. ''On the off chance we run into anything more then hallows and ley lines.'' Nodding to Winter and Corn. ''Or run into other problems like corruption.'' More knowledge, more options, and safer and with so few of us a safer approach seems merited.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

It seems the danger him had abated and she`d accepted his apology and groveling. She didn`t even see the need to hold a grudge, much to his surprise and unlike what he`d done with Chambers after their incident in the park long ago. He didn`t say any more, merely nodding crisply in agreement when she restated in a to him somewhat patronizing manner what he now knew to be obvious- that he`d assumed too much about her regarding what she would and wouldn`t say. Her statements about his lack of actions surprised him.

"I`m not trying to downplay myself. I just don`t have any individually big achievements like you just revealed yet, is what I meant. But sure, my job is important to me, working against the Seers to undermine their efforts to aggrandize themselves is its´ own reward, one I constantly try to realize."

he then chenged the subject, after briefly answering Aurora.

A light ale for you, or a hefeweizen if you`re feeling up to it. Got it. he said, acknowledging her drink request. Corn and Winter didn`t bother answering his question about drinks and he appreciated the discussion naturally floweing towards the older ley lines project.

Corn and Winter, it seemed were intent on providing even more info: revealing the existence of what he presumed was yet another mage,`Crystal`, and rivalries with the Los Angeles Consilium as well as their own past mapping problems. He made a note not to get caught up in any of the rivalries that were mentioned. Pairing up seemed like a good idea. But they were sorrounded by masters after all- Aurora, Corn. And Winter seemed quite strong too, although he still had practically no clue about almost anything about him. Especially Aurora seemed like she could take care of herself and didn`t need backup. So he just shrugged at Chambers` idea, curious what the other strong mages thought of it.

"Sounds like a plan. I mean, that`s planned for the coming Consilium anyway, but good to brainstorm it asap like we`re doing."
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

16. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Thing spilling over from LA? I haven’t heard anything of LA bringing any problems here, can you elaborate?” because she wasn’t sure if it was a Sacramento issue…or a Corn issue.

To Winter, “Do you remember the general locations of those incidents? I’d like to mark them on a map, places to avoid when alone and such.” He did say farmlands and outskirts, but north, south, which direction.

Nodding to Chambers, “Exactly.” With their low numbers, they couldn’t afford to split resources. “How do we want to handle any tainted or corrupt areas? Regrouping sounds like a good idea to me.” Get everyone involved.

Looking back to Philip, “I don’t think you need big achievements to amount to something. And it sounds like what you are doing is an achievement all in itself.” Every mage would have the chance to prove themselves if it came down to it. They would either stand up and fight, risking their own lives, or cower and run away. Those that stood and fought were the ones that would be remembered.

“Oh, I meant beers I’m currently brewing. I have a summer ale ready to be bottled. But I won’t say no to a good hefeweizen.”
    She had to remember that not everyone knew she made her own beer.

18. Likes liked this post
Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread