Watch

(2403) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Puck's sudden decision to leave puzzled and annoyed Corn. "He came, insulted a few people and left..." he says shaking his head. "Moving on... I agree with Chambers and Phillip , the nice systems that have been put into place could use some refinement. We need to set down the questions asked for the acknowledgement so that those of us that just arrived remember them. If I had to acknowledge someone in 2 months, I wouldn't remember the questions or how they are phrased. For the board... I think it is a board. With few members the 'first served or emergencies' priority can apply but I would feel more comfortable if we moved it up.

I would then would like to discuss in the Official meeting the matter of security of the Circle. First Talon Phoenyx lived in the Circle, so there was a powerful mage to defend the circle at all times. We don't even have an arrow in the consilium now that Puck left. The circle is hidden from sleepers. But, and this goes to the people that were around during the Time Wars with the Seers
    " he told Aurora and Winter , "what defenses are there to stop a mage with hostile intent from showing up? I.e. are there metaphysical defenses that you know of, that would stop a Seer or Banisher from simply walking in when we are all away and place a trap?
    Considering that we want mages not affiliated with the consilium to find it so that they can be acknowledged, my gut feeling is that it isn't. I do not recall if the Circle itself, the building, was infiltrated by or directly attacked by Seers during the times they were active. Some direction on the matter from the people that have actually seen the fighting and survived to tell the tale would be welcome.
    "

And Corn not being Puck, he returned to the Barbeque and the prizes, "We could also put together a few dollars each, to buy a trophy cup." He was not sure where the discussion about spatulas came from so he didn't comment on that.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Why was the Mystagogue asking him questions he could answer with a simple Knowing spell?
    "Why don't you go ahead and respectfully scrutiny the clock tower. I'm sure the Artifact won't oppose as long as you're smart with it. As for everything else, the Circle is insulated from the rest of the world, and acts as a first screen against the ill-intentioned. Its powers are limited to the perimeter of the building however and it cannot affect anything occurring outside. Which means if you're careless, you can end up luring people nearby", he shrugs, that's all it was, really.

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

With whatever that was seemingly over its time to focus on matters that remain. 'Right so a little rejiggling of the Agenda then. Corn circle security is already on there at item two. A revision to acknowledgement process needs to go on, it's pretty important we get that right so it might need to take the top slot and a discussion how we think we should we led, we've made so far as we are so we know that is not as critical so can go third.' Where's the silver ladder when you need it. 'That sound good to everyone?' The rest can wait if we make it through all of that I'll be surprised. Chambers is scratching notes on a page but doesn't pin it yet.

In less stressful news. 'Anyone who wants to could make different odds and ends, we could have different categories? But I say it has to be made not one of those cheap store brought trophies.' Where's the point if it isn't made for the occasion.

On the matter of security Chambers holds his tongue. He promised not to share that secret. Providing he was telling the truth of course because what is being said now seems to be a little contradictory. As for examining the clocktower, he did tell me to as well, and with which sights still need to get on that. That it was an artefact however was news to him and upped the priority of the task somewhat.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

He gave Aurora a brief nod and a curt "Thanks." in appreciation for her words although something else she`d said irked him quite a bit.

Really? `Only need ask?` Give me a break! When would you ever reveal anything as a Mystagogue, without a steep price tag attached?! Granted Corn did, but that was only to get Puck acknowleged, and lot`s of good that did. Heh. But you aren`t Corn. Then again, if it really is as easy as you claim I`ve got a ton of questions for you later.

he thought, internal thoughts of derision and sarcasm briefly clouding his judgement, although he managed to maintain a neutral expression outwardly and quickly recompose himself, as the remainder of her points were quite good and ones he could agree with.

"Agreed, getting praised too much gets boring very fast. We`re here to fight the Lie and not pat ourselves on the back, not that that hurts once in a while, but still."

he said, hoping Corn didn`t take his comment the wrong way, and pointedly maintaining a neutral expression to all before him, before briefly acknowledging the comments of the others on the topic of Consilium itinerary, before continuing.

"And we need to get something done on that front. So yeah, that itinerary sounds fine by me, Chambers. We can discuss the details at Consilium."

He said, recognizing the need for diplomacy in this instance.
    After all, who knows, maybe they`ll open up with time anyway. Then again, if Puck`s acknowledgement proved anything, it was that I need some sort of leverage to get Mystagogues to budge on anything, except if you`re Corn and hand out info for free, and whatever Order Winter is. And of course, that the only thing you can trust a traitor to be, is a traitor. So, let`s pretend to be on board with them for now, but only if I can get something out of it.

Corn`s free info on the `Time Wars` was interesting. What was also interesting was that Corn, with his somewhat reasonable questions Philip had also been curious about for some time, had managed to provoke Winter into revealing quite a bit about the Circle, it`s defenses, And an `Artifact`, that`s capable of opposing Mages? he thought, shrugging, curiously observing the exchange between Corn and Winter, while trying to not let his curiosity or lack of knowledge show and keeping his mouth shut on any follow-on questions. Weakness is not the way to amassing wealth, strength is. And leverage.
    Both of them were proving to be treasure troves of info right now, which briefly had Philip on cloud nine again. But then he recomposed himself, remembering he was still sorrounded by Mystagogues. Winter`s warning about carelessness with scrutiny were words to heed, not just in the Circle, so he gave Winter a brief nod in agreement. So, what you`re saying is `find out yourself, here is where you go to find out`. Interesting. I`ll do that sometime, but not now. was Philip`s brief internal summary of Winter`s contribution.

The discussion about the trophy was lost on him completely. But he didn`t want to discourage them with his disinterest, so he nodded shallowly and somewhat absentmindedly when the idea about each giving a few bucks for the prizes was mentioned. Well, I don`t have money to spare but if I can make others happy to think they`ve accomplished something, suuure.... he thought to himself, thoughts which were very close to a lie to himself, in his greed.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

7. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Again, with the Time War, seemed a topic that was destined to always be brought up. Even she had moved past it and the changes it made. A light shrug, “I know the Circle has been here long before any of us, and will continue to be here after we have all left. Whatever defenses are in place, have there a long time and should be trusted. As to someone with ill intent walking in? Nothing to stop them, it’s an open space for Awakened, we cannot bar someone from entering.” But that was pretty much all she had to add, “We’ve infiltrated a Seer stronghold, there is nothing to say they cannot do the same.” Truth was truth. “But you need to remember the Time War is a delicate subject and not everyone is open to talking about it, we lost some good people during it.” And it was in the past. It was over.

To Winter, there was a nod, “Exactly.” No place was completely protected, it was just life.

Nodding to Chambers, “Works for me.” She didn’t have much to add on the subject.

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"I am OK with the agenda. " he tells Chambers and Aurora . To Winter 's comment he says "I am not even an initiate in Prime, so what my sight can reveal is limited. The artifact that hides our presence from the sleepers is not doing much with matter. That nothing can stop an inflitrator awakened from stepping in, is the issue I had in mind. In the past, there was a mage living in here. Now, perhaps we need to bring in different defenses but I will save that discussion for the security talk in the official meeting."
    Then Aurora mentions 'infiltrating a Seer stronghold' as if it was walking to your mother-in-law's with muddy shoes. Corn's expression turns to surprise. And then, Aurora very quickly shuts down his questions - and he had many - about the Time War.
    Only two veterans and they don't want to talk about it... how will we know to avoid mistakes of the past? But he holds his silence. It seems he would have to hope some other veteran that was more willing to talk would return.

After a moment of silence - he didn't have much more to add for the circle - he said, "About the cook-out, have we covered sides? I can bring in potatoes and onions to roast. My aunt used to slice them in the middle, put butter in it, then fold them in aluminum fold and place them directly on the embers."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

11. Likes liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

First he claims to not know any prime, then he makes a rather unfounded remark about the Clock. "I'm afraid that no matter how much I respect Phoenyx, there's very little she could have done to protect the Circle against a full assault. But again, the best form of defense is to hone your own skills just in case you've ever called to defend the Consilium. Wards perhaps, security cameras? But these are all minor precautions. The best way to defend this place is to keep it hidden and keep yourself disciplined", he shrugs.

13. Likes , liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

With people either offering acceptance of at the least not refusing, Chambers makes the amendments to the agenda and pins a fresh sheet with the changes made onto the board. ''Okay there we go. Looks like we have some pretty big stuff to cover this time around.'' I wish we didn't have to re tread old ground but if we can find systems that work it will save a lot of hassle in the future and allow us to focus on more important matters.

With that finishes he chips in carefully. ''We know the circle can be seen and accessed by mages not acknowledged by the Consilium.'' Others none of us could find it. ''So there is no bar to entry that we can offer, nor any ward I can think of.'' Not that I could do one regardless. ''That we could use to keep the circle open to new members and keep those we don't want out.'' In short from what he could tell the circle did nothing to bar entry to any awakened. ''I stop by almost every day, hence why I run into all of you so often.'' I assume they do similar. ''Unless security cameras are monitored or at the least reviewed they do little for security.'' They don't deter me and I'm hardly much of a threat. ''So yes, care, caution and discipline.'' He leaves his Seer theory out. Winter pretty handily dismantled it anyway.

Plenty of hints and teases of information get thrown around and it takes a measure of restraint not to chase them. Respect the knowledge.

A shake of the head to Corn. ''No I don't think any of those are covered, they sound great though.'' Yeah this is definitely getting bigger then official meetings. Is that a good thing?
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

The cook- out discussion gets a shrug as Corn lists his contributions. "As I said, I`m bringing chocolate chip cookies. And drinks. Any favorites?" he asked, looking to each mage present and awaiting a response that might liven the event up, like a particular brand of beer or such. Ideally something more exciting than the bland water, which he was also prepared for.

Winter`s description of Phoenyx living at the Circle makes Philip cringe inwardly and yet he had a point. A (presumably) powerful Arrow by themselves could not be enough against the type of assault Winter and Aurora described. He who defends everything defends nothing, this is true. Meanwhile, everyone else confirmed what Philip thought about Circle security, leaving his voice somewhat redundant and so he merely nodded in agreement with everything that was being said, as Philip was lost in his own thoughts. Not to mention the break in in the Mysterium section, but hey, not my problem. he thought, scoffing internally. But it was Aurora who broke his internal musings.
    Ah you finally reveal your true colors, Aurora. I knew it! What you said before was just a courtesy. And this time I will call you out on it. I didn`t on the secret communications between you three and I know I relinquish some power over the situation, but this is ridiculous. It`s like I`m being chafed by someone being this dense on information transfer! Last time he`d kept his mouth shut, and while he still saw some wisdom in that course of action, this time he`d had enough. How they actually went about and infiltrated said stronghold was no doubt on everyone`s mind too he figured but to get to it, he`d have to ask about the elephant in the room first.

"So let me get this straight. You offer to answer questions about your past and your accomplishments and then you say you`re not open to talking about it? Please explain that."

he asked, confusion and a slightly uncanny tinge of annoyance present in his voice, but also a kind of apologetic frown directed towards Aurora filled with genuine curiosity. Sure she was a powerful mage and a returner. But her contradiction irked him and he was going put his theory to the test to get answers one way or the other. Inwardly he hoped she wasn`t as bothered by his direct question as he was by her contradiction, but it was as it was.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

16. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Winter’s words were wise, which she had come to expect from him. He said little, but spoke the truth and wisely each time.

“Security cameras had been discussed in the past, but with much heat and debate. I agree with Winter, we hone our skills so that if the day ever comes, we are as ready as we can be. And then it’s in Fate’s hands.” She wasn’t used to the security of the Circle being questioned so much.

An eyebrow raises to Philip, “Excuse me? I said I was not open to discussing the Time War, I didn’t say anything else was off limits. The Time War was a difficult time and it changed and shaped the future we have now. I lost friends in it, so I’m sorry if I don’t want to talk about the death of those I cared about, I’ll ask your permission first next time.” Was she getting heated? A bit, “You want to know my accomplishments, then ask, I never once said I wouldn’t talk about them, I just refuse to walk in here and preen and puff my chest for praise I do no want or need.”

Turning, she fully faces him, “What do you want to know? About the Seer Sanctum I helped breech and then turn four Seer’s into tiny fish who very dramatically died? And no, it wasn’t a spell that would have allowed them to live.” there was one, “Should I discuss the time I bled in the dark to recover an artifact that would have put our world in danger? How I had to rip mana from my very body to keep other Awakened alive?” there was two, “Or maybe you want to hear how difficult it was to Master two Arcanas?” three, “Which one do you want? Lets open this discussion here and now since you are soo keen to call me out for bullshit I didn’t say.” How would he look as a fish? Probably the same as the bloody disgusting Seer’s.

18. Likes liked this post
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread