Watch

(2403) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

A lie by omission is still a lie.he repeated in his mind over and over, reflecting what had been said.That includes me,unfortunately. I don`t trust them, but I also can`t lie lest I become part of the lie. Oh, this is tricky.he thought, annoyed, being caught by his own omissions, all the while having fun with his nonsensical word-games. After all, he couldn`t well call Puck out on it if he was guilty of the same thing. He did knowthough, that the concepts the network embodied would be much harder for them toaccept though.
    Practically impossible, since I`m sorrounded byMystagogues, a traitor and Winter, who I still can`t place. so he stopped short of going into a FreeCouncil speech on freedom of information transfer and the values of debate.
    "Yes, this network is a thing. Haven`t checked it in a while though." he briefly told Chambers in a side note, outwardly avoiding an incredulous look as if Chambers had been living under a rock.

Besides his mental dilemma, what was important to Philip that moment was Aurora`s terse rebuke of Puck`s presence not being welcome in the Athanaeum, which almost made him flinch. Glad I didn`t make that joke about Corn. he thought, relieved he`d dodged a bullet and stuck to his crisp nod of assent. Other than that, she was mostly just interested in talking with Chambers about the barbecue.
    "Yep, far as I see it, it`s a go." he added, excitedly although he was slightly less-than-excited about their puns now so he ignored that as best he could.

Winter again cut to the chase, with his few words completely forestalling a big part of the leadership discussion that was ongoing. And he had a point. That being, the newcomer Corn had been presumptuous again with his idea to have the Duel Arcane be the end all-be all of governing the consilium.
    I sense a pattern forming about Corn. Presumptuousness and divided loyalty, complete in a somewhat? new take on the Mysterium package. he chuckled inwardly to himself. As for his `free` advice, Philip was taking that with several bags of salt, his argument basically being:
    So he`s strong, he takes out an abyssal spirit and that should influence my judgement? I mean it shouldn`t but it`s making me trust him more and more though I`m still not completely sure. Why do I get the hard one?

But it was Puck who really surprised him. So he`d defend the Athanaeum and doesn`t care about their `toys`. Promising. And he gets a full apology from Corn. Still doesn`t completely let him off the hook as he mentioned the actual Mysterium break-in as a hypothetical. Perhaps he`s not as bad as I first thought. Weighing his options he took a long think, trying to come up with a measured response that took in the reality of the situation.
    After all, he did already agree to defend every person. While I kinda locked my position with that comment about requiring the same of him as I expect of myself, not acknowledging him might earn me the ire of Corn, Puck and perhaps even Aurora or Winter as they seemed to know each other. When he spoke, it was measured, conveying as much metaphysical weight on his words as he could:

"Puck, you say you`ll agree to defend everyone part of it, even arcane secrets that aren`t your own, such as those in the Athanaeum. Corn has also vouched for you as a powerful fighter."

he said, gesturing to Corn before continuing:
    "As I understand it, you won`t defend the Circle itself partially because you don`t know what the organisation still is and you cannot label it."

He was surprised himself as he forced himself to say those words based on his understanding of what Puck had said.
    As an Acanthus, and likely a quite powerful one, he should know what he`s getting himself into, despite his claims to have problems penetrating the wards of the Circle. Curious that that isn`t so. he thought, holding back a scoff as he continued:

"Perhaps though, with the addition of you the Circle might be able to become something you can feel proud to defend again and that you can identify with. So, despite certain misgivings I still have, I`m willing to look past them and acknowledge you in this Consilium. Welcome to Sacramento."

he said, stretching out his hand again and offering it to Puck to shake.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

2. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Winter wasn’t wrong in what he says, and she simply offers a shallow nod.

But the whole drama unfolding? She wasn’t going to step into it.

To Chambers, “Oh, now that’s an idea! We could make it an annual thing or something.” Did she hear Puck? Yes, but, like always, he was talking out of his ass with big words. Not her problem. "Have you worked with metal before?" she asks, curious.

But she had to snicker when Philip referred to Puck as a ‘powerful fighter’. That would be the day….that would be the day.

4. Likes liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

That's one of those cases where the presence of a Ladder would have been beneficial.
    Luckily they finally had the boring details sorted. Though, one had to wonder whether any of the new blood had realized the fact the circle had welcomed rather than blown into smithereens any of the newcomers was in itself proof enough of these new people's goodness, at least in potential.
    "That's good, that's good. Though, we already knew some of the returning faces were loyal to the Awakened nation, and that's independent from their orders affiliation".
    That's to say, a Libertine who had moved to the Arrow, had stepped up in Winter's book.

6. Likes liked this post

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Technically, I sang it to Phoenix." The First Talon smirked as he addressed Corn. "The spirit fed on emotions so I was trying to piss her off. It worked and I told her I was singing to the spirit to keep her from stabbing me. Still have the library we used to research the thing too."

As Phillip states his reservations and grants Puck's recognition, Puck's eyebrows arch up in amusement.

"Thank you Magus."

He'd say Councilor Phillip, but they didn't have Councilors. And that would never be a thing with Puck in town. He just stares and smiles as Chambers tries to expound on Winter's meaning with his own. It seemed the Diamond didn't value Diamond traditions, and he couldn't help but wonder if it would have been more fun to come back as a libertine for just a little bit longer.

Then Aurora laughed at him, and he simply laughed along.

"I know right?" All smiles and laughs over here. "I have to hold back the same reaction when someone calls you gracious or a contributing member of society."

Hey, remember that time half a decade ago Aurora did one thing with Phoenix? Puck did, because Aurora's been coasting on that one accomplishment ever since and won't shut up about it. Why fight seers or explore the spirit realm when you bury your head in the sand at a barbecue?

When Winter continues, Puck nods and returns his attention to Phillip.

"If you want to measure a returning mage, maybe you should consider asking some of the things they did last time to prove what Winter is saying?"

Just a thought. Also?

"We could also chat somewhere private about your reservations if you like."

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

To the discussion between Aurora and Chambers , Corn adds "I could help with making a trophy! I like the idea."

He gives a nod to what Winter tells Phillip but doesn't say anything.

To Puck 's clarification corn shrugs. "It's been some time and I heard everything second hand." then, he adds with a lighter tone " You have to admit, my version of the story is more entertaining although it is less factual."
    Then for reasons he doesn't understand Puck practically calls Aurora non-contributing. He frowns in displeasure. He shakes his head at Puck, mutters "not everything a mage does is common knowledge." and moves away. Aurora can defend her record although some of the things she did were only for the order. But others are well known and Puck was there but whatever. Arguing with Puck never gets one far.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

10. Likes liked this post

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Puck almost cares enough to wait for a response, but then remembers he doesn't. An entire community of mages with knowledge of the fundamental nature of reality to examine societal structures and see the world through a whole new lens, but all they ever actually do is talk about shitty barbecues. What's next? Hot chocolate.

"Gotta make a quick call, I'll be right back."

Another two years of Aurora's bitchy tantrums and mood swings just to have a few sentences nitpicked by clueless neophytes? All for some mind numbing drivel he could get from a rando sleeper on the street corner? No thanks.

Puck leaves Sacramento.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

You place a magus in a room and he'll find a way to argue with the walls.
    Well, so much for their growing numbers and the preservation of traditions...
    "Well, not the quietest meeting, that's for sure"

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

He had trusted the decision to Philip, that was the current arrangement and that meant trusting his decisions. However even if he had a mind to object he could not Corn had effectively seen to that. Our systems must be flexible, and Puck did promise to certain ideals. Did Corn bring up the fourth protocol to remind me of that very thing? very good. A thin smile breaks his features. 'Well then as it is welcom...' But he's cut short as the newly arrived, only moments ago acknowledged first talon ... just leaves. And yet sometimes structures must be held in place for a reason.

And that having been the major focus of attention the thing that had required the most time to get through seems to the Moros to leave a emptiness to the conversation. That Winter jumps in to fill. 'It was an experience to say nothing more of it. One take away I've noticed is that perhaps our acknowledgement requirements need to go back to the drawing board.' Because clearly what we have in place was not robust enough to handle that.

'No Aurora I don't work with metal much, but I can make an exquisite piece of stonework though.' She had seen his skill with the gravestone. An older design? Something symbolic? Has anyone ever enchanted a spatula before? 'Yes I rather like the idea of holding annual events, competitions even.' Things to encourage them to go out and learn, improve, strive to better themselves. Seems like a good idea to me.
    Health
    Mana

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Aurora`s scornful expression when Philip called Puck a `powerful fighter` merited further scrutiny. Was what she said just an insult, or is he weaker than I thought? he thought, curiously but with a hint of concern. He couldn`t accept that she`d just randomly insult him so openly. Although he was pretty sure Puck`s response was a blank insult back. The talk of yearly tradition piqued his interest too and he gave that his nod in assent. "Sure, that sounds like it could be fun."
    All in all, it seemed that it was good that Philip had acknowledged Puck. Because Winter also enthusiastically agreed with the acknowledgement, or at least, for Winter`s standards, so most of them wanted him acknowledged. It seemed he`d acknowledged him just in the nick of time while it was still his power to do so, netting him the credit he felt he deserved for this decision, despite the difficulties.

Puck`s more detailed explanation of his battle with the abyssal creature was interesting.
    Interesting, using singing to reduce the stamina or somehow the fighting spirit of that Abyssal creature somehow, gotta remember that one. And, yay! Free info is nice.
    he thought, briefly on cloud nine for the free info.
    Winter`s mention of loyalty to the Awakened nation, and Puck`s suggestion to Philip have him just ask him about his past, intrigued him. Puck being a traitor was not as easy to overlook for him as it was for the (likely) non-libertine Winter, though. It didn`t help that the other new arrivals were all Mystagogues and so were likely quite tight-lipped making the idea of asking Puck about his past never occur to him. Furthermore, Puck had mentioned the Mysterium break in as a hypothetical, and he still wasn`t completely off the list of suspects, despite his acknowledgement.
    Exactly, Corn. And although he wouldn`t boast about the break in as common knowledge if he was the culprit, he might still make mistakes like his hypothetical. he thought. That suspicion being the second chief problem he had with Puck. And because it was somewhat eased by the support of the others, he`d have sufficient time to talk to him about it later, or so he thought. So he gave him a shrug. "I suppose you`re right... I guess I could...."

In that moment, Puck surprised everyone by walking away as quickly as he came. Puck didn`t even acccept Philip`s outstretched hand of peace, friendship and understanding. He just left. "More like `gotta make a quick getaway`. And after he was just acknowledged too? Am I right? " he asked the others that were still there with an almost-sneer after a moment of stunned silence and once he was fairly sure Puck could no longer hear him. Not that that mattered, as Puck was an Acanthus and the Circle would remember.

He then turned his attention back to Chambers.
    "Agreed on the drawing board, Chambers. After Walker walked and Puck left as fast as he came, we really need to work on that. Then again, I guess it is what it is."
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

16. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Once again, Puck was ignored, he wouldn’t get the pleasure of a reaction from her. Not anymore, she was getting too damn old for the drama. She knew her accomplishments, and what she had done for the society, she didn’t need praise for it.

A nod was offered to Corn, “I’m sure we could all sit down and figure something out.” The whole work together thing.

Building on what Corn says, “Not everyone needs their deeds praised all the time either. One knows what they’ve done, needing to mention it all the time only seems to diminish it. If someone has questions about how I’ve contributed, they only need ask.” Sure, there was a time when she loved talking about turning four Seer’s into fish to defend the Circle and her friends. But now? She doesn’t need it, as a person, she’s grown. Her deeds were written in the tapestry of the Circle and Sacramento's history.

And just like that, Puck leaves. The Shaman doesn’t feel a need to say anything about it, Awakened came and Awakened went.

To Chambers, “I’d be curious to hear a discussion on what can be done to improve it. Maybe at the Official meeting?” did she need to add it to the board.

“A stonework spatula?” a moment to think it over, “Now that would be something to see!” she thinks he should go for it, because why not.

Looking to Philip, “I wouldn’t take it personally. Your questions and concerns were valid, as they are for all mages coming in.” words of comfort? She didn’t think so, but said them anyways.

He was open to working on the acknowledgement system? That was good, he was starting to grow on her, he had his opinions, but seemed open to hearing others. A good quality. “Again, I would be interested in hearing everyone takes on it, thoughts, opinions, you know, all that. Maybe as a group we can brainstorm a system that works.” Or not.

18. Likes liked this post
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread