Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

PrP: Tunnels Off the Rails

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 21, 2024 : PRP Railing against the dark
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

An eager nod, “Oh, for sure! Plus we have the battery operated lights. I was just thinking about ways to help and speed up the work. But we can look at the battery powered tools too.” She just thought it could help. "If some of those power tools have rechargeable batteries, we can put in charging stations for them." easy.

“Oh,” idea, “with the talk of moving the rats, couldn’t we use the extra dirt to fill in the areas they had claimed? A spot for the dirt, and it prevents the rats from moving back in.” might work, maybe, she has no idea.

“A mock up would be a good way to try it out. If it doesn’t work, I say we place some Gates, it would make escape more accessible to others.” Gates weren’t that difficult to place, just a bit of work.

Nodding, “You don’t want to help with the research? I need to get in contact with Anatole and see when he’s free, maybe he can help me go through the journals too.” Maybe it would be easier to have help with that. “But of course the Freehold will be made aware, no one is going to be kept in the dark on this, no secrets.” Secrets were dangerous. Laughing, “Disposal might be a good thing to have. I’m not even sure how to start the research, so I might to, uh, well, research that.” Sounding quite humored with that. “Though I think having some fruits at our disposal will help with seeing the infection and then give us multiple subjects to test various remedies on.” Least that sounded like a good way.

“Just best to stay away from that area for now. There are plenty of other Gates you can go into if you want to head into the Hedge. And please, if you don’t mind, let someone know you’re going in. We,” her, “tend to get worried when we can’t get a hold of someone and knowing where to look helps.” She was done with others just disappearing off the face of the fucking earth. A fire burns within her eyes for a moment before shake softly shakes her head and focuses on her notebook.

“Mud bricks?” sounded like he knew what Circe had mentioned, “Dumb question, but what are they exactly? I get the brick part, and what we can use bricks for, but are mud bricks worth making and using?” the Nix was genuinely curious, this was something new for her, she hadn’t heard of them before.

“Now that’s an idea! Like, reverse engineering or something.” That was a thing.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

2. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"The bricks won't be as good as construction type," she tells them both. Because she doubted they had good clay in Sacramento, "But more compact is easier to store. Pure red clay we probably won't find in the dirt, so more fragile. Could be used to make storage shacks in the tunnels." That was her conclusion. As for stopping the rats that Sera suggests? She shakes her head in the no. "Rats can chew through concrete," she informs Seraphina. Circe knew construction after all. "The dirt won't slow them down much."

Gates would be a quick way as well, that was true. "I thought the idea was escape routes when the Hedge won't work?" She questions Seraphina. "If it ain't, we just need archways on either side of the wall."

"I am more engineer than scientist Sera," she defends Seraphina. "I don't enjoy it as much as hands on work. Which is bad with toxic fruit. I CAN help if ya want ta risk slowig things down," she did study the occult. She could really help, but she suspected the other Monarchs were better at it. Self-esteem? Preferences for violent thuggery over intellectual pursuits? Good questions for a psychologist. "I can also get more hazmat stuff for more people." That was another alternative. "Easier to research on site if it is safe. And get some acids too?" Circe scowls as she thinks it through, "Only mundy disposal methods I can think of are acid or fire. Buuut some plants spread more with fire according to the Discovery Channel."

Then she looks at Kray as Seraphina brings up visiting it without forwarding the itinerary. Which would be bad. She sizes up Kray. Thinking with a hum. "Xtra-large and tall, couple hundred bucks. Masks are one size fits all," Circe rattles off the details. She did a LOT of online searching before they visited the Rust tainted realm.

"I don't see why we couldn't try Kray," she agrees with him. "We have examples to follow. Or straight up loot for parts," She nods as they had come across a couple. As for air quality control: "A small vent would be easy ta hide in the fascade or the actual tunnel. Probably," she agrees with them. The vent would be easy. Dig a hole, hide it in shadow, yadda yadda.

Circe blinks and gets a I have a lightbulb expression. "Wait, we found speak easy secret entrances. Those have to be documented elsewhere. We check out the documentaries, see how they hid entrances, and employ it for the storm drain entrance."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes liked this post
    New Identity:● ● John Donoghue
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    (Autumn: Illusory Candle flames)
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●
    Source less, sorcerous candle flames flicker in and out.

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3
    Fighting style: Brute Force 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes
     Should be all caught up, 1 wp still owed on tracking.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

He looks a little horrified at that revelation. 'Ah. I knew rats could tunnel but through concrete?' Poison it is. The nodding at the info regarding bricks a much wanted distraction. 'Yeah. Nothing fancy, maybe just shore up any weaker points. Pile them into frames to make steps.' Could just do that with dirt actually. 'Bit of weight behind a wall we don't want anyone coming through.' They would crumble pretty quick but better than nothing. 'Or even minor construction, storage like you say Circe, a kiln maybe?' Don't know why we would need a kiln but its an option. 'Smoke rack even.' Thoughts turning easily to food. 'If we do end up catching the eels that could be good.' Nothing beat fresh, but smoked was a strong option.

Nodding again. 'Yeah. Bit of a trial run with the fake wall first then gates if does need more permanent sealing.' Sounded sensible to the Ogre.

And then he gets a little sheepish, a massive grey hand scratches at the back of his head. 'Ah. Uh. Yeah. I would, of course I would just.' Dam it. 'I'm not what you would call well read.' The children stories he could handle but a recent beginners chess book was proving troublesome. 'I want to get into some night classes but ...' Money again. 'They're expensive.' What I get for not taking it seriously the first time. 'So I'm working on that in my own time but it's slow going.' He seems a little prouder of that at least, trying to correct the gap in his skill base. 'So I could try to help.' And he is very interested in the subject. 'But I would definitely slow things down.' That is certain as the sun rising.

Burt for disposal. 'Hm. for how to get rid of them I have two suggestions though.' Pause, he has never even seen the fruit or rust so how much value can his ideas really have? 'Cut the roots.' Okay the hedge doesn't always work that. 'Or Autumn has clauses to wither plant life for a time. I can't do it yet.' Best be clear. 'And I don't know how it works on hedge plants.' Another problem. But hey if its in the testing phase who knows.

He shrugs. 'Sorry Circe I can't afford that right now. Give me a couple months and I could save for it.' Otherwise it looks like he will be stuck helping from this side of things.

But that gets a chuckle the idea of secret doors is appealing. 'Ha. Sounds like that's definitely within the realm of possibility.' I might even be useful if there's instructions to follow.
    Ogre:GristleGrinder/Troll Preadators Gaze

6. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Her nod was one of understanding and getting it. So using the dirt to make bricks, huh. Wasn’t something she was aware you could do. “If they’d be useful, sounds like a great way to use some of the dirt.” So that was her vote. But she’d let those with a better understanding decide and give opinions. A blink, “Wait, they can?! Damn, I never would have guessed that!” well shit.

“That was the idea, yes. But it wouldn’t hurt to have one or two. The way I see it, is if there is trouble in the Hedge, I’d rather have multiple doors we can trigger to escape. I know of three doors that I can use to escape the Hedge in a pinch, why not add a couple more, spread out.” Seemed like a smart thing.

Nodding, “I’m aware, and I’m not really a scientist either, I just don’t want you to feel you need to be excluded because your skills lie elsewhere. You have a keen mind, and sometimes see things others don’t, and that is valuable to any research.” Fire? “While fire would be one way, I’d want to make sure we could contain it and not burn the whole Hedge, and make sure heat doesn’t awaken the spores in some weird mutation. I might be taking things too cautious, but seeing what this stuff can do, I’d rather be extra careful.” She didn’t want anyone in the Freehold maimed or worse.

“I have nothing to really add, except I vote for giving it a try!” again, nothing she could really help with, except get materials and maybe swing a hammer.

Eyes widen, “That’s right! And I have documents from the Historical Society!” digging in the bag and a few folders, she pulls out the papers, photocopies of course, and hands them to Circe. “If it’s not in there, I can head back! The ladies were super helpful and loved talking about the area!” now that was help she could do.

“All sound like good ideas to me Kray.” Let those with construction knowledge and ideas take over that part.

Her face softens, understanding, “Even so, you are more than welcome to join us. Being well read doesn’t immediately equal intelligence, there are numerous types of intelligence. But, I won’t push you, just want you to know you are always welcome.” She’d offer to help, but knows sometimes it wasn’t well received. Her offer though, it was genuine, she would love any insight. Smiling, “That’s wonderful that you are working on yourself.” Good for him!

Nodding, “Cutting the roots has merit, but there is a slight problem. The Fruit the Rust is coming from is a combination of Fruits, so until we can narrow that down, there isn’t many roots we can cut.” Another nod, “I’ve see that Contract used by the former Dread Lord, he used it in the Hedge on some of Anne’s orchards, worked pretty damn nice too.” Would it work on whatever was growing the fruits?
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

8. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

She is looking back and forth between Seraphina and Kray. Neither knew that rats can eat through anything? Was that just something folks on the East Coast knew? Circe wasn't going to admit she'd learned it from Ninja Turtles.

Well if they did make the bricks, they'd see how effective the they were. "Kinda depends on density," she reminds Kray, "I mean, it will be mud. A kiln might melt, depending on how mud the mud bricks are." It is like forgetting that sandstone has sand in the word. As for the smoke rack idea, she could agree with that. "I can pound scrap metal inta a grill easy enough for ya Kray."

The Ogre wouldn't learn about the occult in night classes. Wait? No, he could learn about mortal mysticism and illusionism at night classes. Money was an issue for Kray though? "I have criminal contacts if ya want to work that side of the tracks for money Kray," she offers to him. Well, she kind of was the contact. That and given his size, they could carry a lot more guns through the Hedge for smuggling. "Can help ya make a dishonest buck."

"Hedge doors are easy to install," she admits with a nod. "Just install a frame and door that opens towards you. Any quality. Pour in Glamour, bingo-bango-bongo-boingo," she makes a pop sound, "Ya have a gate."

It would be a simple solution to her at any rate. It shouldn't be hard to pull off. "Right, so framework for the fake wall, cinderblocks and plastic slats, than cover it in concrete. Phantom Glory would let me work on the outer side, get it to match the tunnel, and come back through." Circe nods as if this is a common solution. Well, it was for the Lost. Circe could see it going easily. She might be able to pull it off herself in a day. Brownie Boon is bullshit.

Where were they know? Oh, Kray was like her. Not a brainiac. That is comforting. "It ain't paranoid caution if someone is trying to kill you," she tells Seraphina, "And I'm pretty sure the Rust was intentional last spite."

"Make a cash donation, bring some me made cookies, and the lady will probably be even more helpful," Circe suggests as another solution. Be a sponsor, get extra help. Also known as bribery. Not Seraphina made cookies though, as the Spring stated she couldn't cook.

Circe shrugs as he turns down the offer of hazmat suits, "Dude, we'd use it for others too. This is clothes ta protect the Freehold, not for fashion." She thinks for a moment, "Not even bad, retro 80s fashion."

"Hence the caution with fire," she chuckles. "Cutting the roots would also require we collect all the fruit so it doesn't grow. It won't grow outside the Hedge, thus far. The big problem with that would be the toxic cloud, thorns, and cheaper safety suits being mostly fragile." Circe however was familiar with making armor. And other options too. "I will see if there are more durable versions. If not, make extra tough pads over it or something. Things like sports plastic or chainmail maybe? Scrap metal plates? Uh, and I am not familiar with the contracts, but Iron Side version would be herbicide."

If you can't find suits that will resist the Thorns, the only solution she saw was to protect the protection as you boldly march to face it. Well, waddle to face it. Waddle would be more likely.

Circe was always willing to try the Iron Side version, mostly because she could buy it. "So, that is four options for trying to root out the Rust," she giggles, "But we probably should learn more before we fuck with it, that is true. Not like we can make a vacuum the is bigger on the inside to collect the toxic pollen cloud. Hedgespun isn't that bullshit. We can easily the tools for either of the four options. A sprayer that works for strong acid would also work for gasoline or herbicide. Probably."

It wasn't her wheelhouse. Not like you could get, oh, wait. She got an idea that might get the feds after her even more than already. "Huh? I wonder if I could get thermite?"

Dig you Bond Villain Lair
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

He concedes that point. 'Uh. Okay an oven might be out of the question.' Just got a little excited it was something I could do. 'But yeah the smoker only needs hooks not a full grill, a fishing shop should have what I need easy enough.' If the hooks can hold then to catch them, they should be hold them for smoking purposes. 'It doesn't need to be mud, not everything.' He mimes a rectangular box maybe two feet long and a foot wide. 'Wooden box, full of dirt, nail a lid on and you got a weighted block. Stack enough together and you get a set of stairs supported by its own weight.' Or other simple structures.

He coughs? Makes noises in his throat. 'Ah. that's real good of you Circe and if you need the help I'm willing.' Legality had never been a problem. 'But when it comes to money and what's mine I want to be self reliant if I can. Make my own way.' Last time I let someone else handle that side of my life well, goodbye London. 'I know I won't be able to fix it over night, but I have a few irons in the fire.' Slowly, carefully, step by step.

He nods slowly. 'Hm. I mean if its happening either way you can give me a book and see what happens.' Jumping in the deep end but at least there is no risk of drowning, someone else can always read it over if I don't find anything to be sure. 'Oh. you think this was intentional?' He thinks back hard Anatole had warned him about someone to beware in the hedge. But comes up blank. 'What suggests it was foul play?' And not, you know just the hedge being the hedge.

He begrudgingly concedes. Just because there's no one my size here now doesn't mean there won't be later. 'Hm. Fair enough then. I'll get some corks for my horns.' This isn't safety gear you can put holes in.

So it does work on hedge plants, interesting. 'Uh. Maybe Anatole has it?' My glare might make people turn and run but I can't wither the life from them just yet. 'Toxic pollen cloud? If the contract works on plants, pollen is plant life. I wonder how far its effects extended?' Kray had begun stroking his chin and clearly thinking out loud without realising it.

Kray is strong and athletic so dirt clearance is very much in his wheel house. In terms of XP erm ... well ... there is already a few infrastructure areas that require his input but I can spare 2 or 3 dots (over time) of whatever merit (I assume it's not Hollow?) is needed.

12. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A tiny smirk as Circe offered Kray illegal work. She had debated offering him work at the coffee shop, but there wasn’t anything that needed to be done at the moment.

“If we do install some Gates, I like the idea of hiding them in plain sight. I know anyone looking for one would find it, but why make it easy. Lets have some fun with it.” She wasn’t sure how yet, but they’d come up with something. “Behind bookshelves or behind a storage rack, that type of thing.” Look like one thing, serve as another.

“Should you need some, inspiration, I’m more the happy to toss some your way.” If she couldn’t physically do the work, she could help other ways.

“Oh, I don’t think I would have to do that to get more help. But making a donation sounds like a wonderful idea regardless.” The poor ladies there didn’t get many interested in the subject.

“This is more a safety issue then a money one. If you accidentally come into contact with it, it’s a huge risk for the Freehold. We risk losing a member, and I, for one, am not willing to risk that.” Looking to Circe, “Order them, send me the bill.” And that was that to her.

“What about an apron of sorts over the suit? A rubber type material that could prevent the thorns from piercing the fabric? Like what the gloves are we used. It isn’t perfect, but would allow us to be mobile and an extra layer of protection.” Worth a try.

Nodding, “We have some great ideas. So I say we get the research done, and then get Anatole on board. His input is needed, his wisdom valuable and I won’t move forward without all Monarchs on board.” And she knew Circe felt the same way.

“Oh! Stairs! Those would be really useful.” Level, flat stairs.

Him wanting to be self sufficient was admirable. And at the end of the day, that’s what they all wanted.

“I believe it was foul play because of the two fruits used. The fruits, well, one of them if these are a hybrid, are Fugespores. While they’re not a fruit per say, they’re spores that grow on the briars that cover the Hedge. Now, this is a nasty spore, it attaches to the intestines, but attacks the brain, which leads to hallucinations and make one forget who they are and even brain death. But the other fruit appears to being to the table the ability for the spores to be absorbed through the skin. So two fruits, picked for their abilities to injure and even kill.” She wasn’t sure about the Ann theory that she was sure Circe had, but it had merit.

“It’s something to ask Anatole and see if we can come up with a safe way to test it. If it works, great. But it still leaves us the task of locating the plants, all of them, and wiping them out. I have a feeling this is going to need the Freehold behind it, that we’ll need skills and Contracts from all Seasons to eradicate.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

14. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah ha," she nods, "If we can't make hidden mechanical doors, make hidden Gates? Ha, messing with folks a lil' bit. I like it Sera." That it would be far easier to do than making a mechanized secret door went without saying. Of course, they had to make doors on both sides of the Iron Side for it to be helpful if the Hedge was dangerous. Well, if it is a short jaunt it shouldn't matter. They could easily camouflage something in the storm drains, hide it in plain sight and such. Or just use an actual door that is present.

Was Kray suggesting dirt Legos? This makes Circe smile, "Dirty Legos. Filthy plan that I like Kray." She nods along, "I will not Lego of the idea of stacking stairs, oh ho ho ho! It is brilliant." And woudl be a good replacement for the plastic crap she cobbled together. The blue Groundskeeper approves. "Beats plastic and faster to build than bricks. We are certainly going to try that Kray."

Yet he turns down her offer? Shame, she could have used another spine for cargo hauling. "Eh," she shrugs, "Offer still stands, but good ta march with yer own feet."

That was indeed a good question. How far had it spread thus far? They'd not tried entering from the outside in, only using the Gate. It was something to look into. It'd require an expedition, with the safety suits.

Circe nods at the confirmation of the suit purchase. She had a program ping with results quickly after getting it. Looking for the best. She has brought up the more durable option, the NBC suit used by militaries around the world. "Dang," she frowns, "The durable mil-spec stuff is a grand a pop. It'd resist the Thorns like my own skin suits. Better model? Umph, cost like ten times as much. Hmm, I could try my other contacts." She did know of some runners selling cold war era equipment. And also the props guys she still kept in touch with. Actually, Dawn's Beauty had restored a set of surplus Chemical Warfare trousers, so it was an option. Right, that would be an issue. She'd have to burn through Glamour to get them functional. "I'd need Glamour though. The cheaper option would be old models that need ta be restored from aging damage. Folks call bespoke aged ta perfection. With safety stuff though age makes it D grade."

Before she face palms, with a loud slap, since Seraphina comes with a solution. A cost effective solution that'd make the less durable civilian suits be protected instead of tougher. Not full protection, but protection. "That would work too Sera. Add outer protective layers. Maybe my skin suits underneath? Second layer of protection in case of a puncture." She nods as if this makes sense. Like everyone else would want to wear a silicon skin suit for protection. "Hafta get more tubs," she looks at Kray, "I made several suits from a single tub, it goes far."

"The Fetch Maker Anne," she snarls the title and name, "Had a grove. Was dealing narcotic fruit to mundies. And was very spiteful. I feel like she'd have had a fuck you from beyond the grave plan." At least that was her opinion on the matter. It just made sense to her. Or it could have been an attack Anne had planned before death, but it was slow going. Paranoid? Hate driven consiracy? Well, Circe is a Summer and the Groundskeeper, she is supposed to look for threats to neutrilize. "Should'a known blasting her ta bits wouldn't be the end. But I'm biased. Can't think of any other suspects. Markets wouldn't want restricted travel that spreads. This is an attempt to disable a Trod."

Anatole? That makes her smile. They didn't interact much or have a lot in common, but were slayers who removed evil from the Freehold. "Good idea ta talk to him. He is spot on with a lot of things." As for the ignoring of the more mundane solutions? Well, that wasn't a concern yet. Yet. Circe looks up pumps that actually can do acid. Oh, disappointing. "Uh, acid might be harder to spray. Looks like the acid is acutally paint remover. Bleach instead? If we find mundane chemicals work. Do we know Sera," she looks to the wiser of the two Fairest present. Again, Circe probably has issues. "How Fugespores react to the mundane chemicals? I know, bleach and herbicide could cause damage, but I figure it'll be less than the Rust."

I can pump some dots into it too. 2 or 3 shouldn't be a problem. I ran the PrPs, so save your bits for a bit if you want to folks. I am guessing it might be derived from Safehouse? That is technically a location merit that a mortal toon could make.

16. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

The idea of disguised gates also appealed to the Ogre. It has a bit of Autumn subtlety about it. 'Uh. How creative can we get? trap door? sewer grate?' He's trying to think of things that wouldn't stand out in the environment.

The idea of Lego hadn't occurred to him, but it's an instant improvement on the plan. Make the boxes so they can slot together, not just stack. 'Hm. Yeah connecting boxes add more strength, less movement underfoot.' He nods Seemingly quite happy. See I knew there was a good use for the dirt somewhere to be found.

He touches the rim of his hat, giving respect to Circe he wasn't trying to be rude in turning her down. 'I do appreciate it, if my plans don't pan out the way I hope I'll keep you in mind.' And inviting a near total stranger, into a criminal business quite the risk. Especially given the lost tend to be a little crazy.

He will just accept the protective suit ideas, he knows little of them and really can't contribute in any meaningful way to their purchase.

More interested in learning then the details behind it. 'So. How do these skin suits work?' And how much money do they have to through around at all this and here I am trying to find uses for dirt.

He listens. 'Ah. That is a rather unpleasant cross breed by the sounds of it.' A good reason as any to indicate foul play. 'Oh. Anne.' That was it. 'Anatole warned me about her lurking in the hedge.' But there was also that notice. 'But she's dead right?' Doesn't rule her out, doesn't rule her in. 'Did she have anyone left? trusted friends or something that could be doing this?' Because loyalty doesn't always end at death. The ghost of someone can linger long past their demise.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“Damn, they’re expensive, I had no idea.” She really didn’t, it wasn’t something she had priced out before. “But if it’s Glamour you need, I’m happy to help with some of my own, help with the restoration.” Share the work load.

“I don’t know how long it would take to spread from a puncture. I know in level four bio labs, they have a few seconds to get duct tape on a rip or hole in the suit before they are completely exposed. Lets get some tests run on the fruits and spores and go from there.” There was still a lot of unknowns.

A shake of her head, “Not yet, we haven’t had a chance to run any tests. But the more mundane chemicals are on my list of things to test. It might take a mixture of mundane and magic. Hedge Fruits react differently to mundane things like pesticides and herbicides.” So they might not do anything. Or they could do everything.

Smiling to Kray, “Our imaginations are the limits!” it felt good to have one of her ideas take off.

A quick nod to the Orge, “Quite dead. I was in the Hedge, at the Orchard with one of her men when Circe finished her. It was a spectacular ripple effect. I’m sure she had those who stayed loyal to her after her death. Not sure how much they would be able to do without her or her power, but I wouldn’t rule it out either.”

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

19. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread