Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

PrP: Tunnels Off the Rails

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 21, 2024 : PRP Railing against the dark
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    New Identity:● ● John Donoghue
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    (Autumn: Illusory Candle flames)
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●
    Source less, sorcerous candle flames flicker in and out.

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3
    Fighting style: Brute Force 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes
     Should be all caught up, 1 wp still owed on tracking.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

A lot his attention is on the summer queen for the moment. 'Uh. As infrequently as I have to.' It is not a laughing matter to him. Should have guarded my stupid tongue a little better on that. 'The mess it leaves behind is considerable.' Looking at the gun, he can apricate it's a fine piece. 'Hm. Impressive.' And safer, but if your have to hurt someone, it should be with your hands, that's the proper way.

He nods. 'Yes. Gas masks sound smart.' Do they make then big enough for me, no matter doubt I'll be using that exit. 'Ah. No. sorry to rain on your idea but explosives underground could rain a lot harder.' His two cents, seeing as he doubts he gets an actual vote is no to that.

Shifting a little to get more comfortable on seats made for smaller people then him. 'Ha. If its a question of labour I'll do it. Shifting rocks and digging dirt might not be glamorous but if it needs doing it needs doing.' And who better right. 'I got some tools that'll help, just need a wheelbarrow or something.' Idea. 'Oh. we can use the dirt to fill in some of the cess pits, rather then just board them over.' Speaking of. 'Uh. And I don't suppose any of that poison could be used to take care of the rats could it?' Those things make me feel uneasy. 'But. Yeah I can dig and shift, if others want to focus on beams and doors?' A practical use for his might that didn't involve terrible violence was actually rather appealing to Kray.
    Ogre:GristleGrinder/Troll Preadators Gaze

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

At this point, with how long she’s known Circe, she wasn’t surprised at all when she pulled out a gun. The surprising part was that it was empty. So she doesn’t really bat an eye.

“Is dynamite really needed?”
    she asks, “It seems like a risk to use in the tunnels, I’m worried it causes more to collapse.” Especially with them in said tunnels.

“The storm drains, are those something that flood?” she asks, “They might still be worth exploring, seeing if they have branches that might be useful.” Maybe.

It seemed like something they would be able to do, “I can’t help with the mechanism, but I’m happy to help with clearing it and helping rebuild the wall.” A little hard work never scared her.
    Notes were added to her notebook as Circe moves through her slides. “It could be something we work on here and there."

Nodding to Kray, then looking to Circe, “How much would it cost us to invest in some quality gas masks?” it would be good information to know, “I can start us a list of things we need to get, then maybe figure a budget. That way we know what the costs are going to be, and can share it with others.” Seeing the number could help them figure out the direction to take.

More notes, “Question Kray, would cement work better for the cess pits? Or is dirt a better, safer option? I mean, if we're clearing the tunnels anyways, I guess just dumping what we move into the pits would save time.” she wasn’t sure if one was better then another, but cement seemed like a good thing.

“There’s a wheelbarrow down there, but we could always invest in a couple more, maybe it’ll help things move quicker.” Maybe. She didn’t know, she was just trying to be helpful. “The rats? Uh, I think we had someone work with them, and they’re pretty harmless. But maybe we can trap them and relocate them?” she hated to kill them for just living their life. “Well, I have zero experience with construction, but I’m willing to buy the materials and do whatever else I can to help.”

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you, I try my best ta craft well," she does appreciate the praise from Kray of her metalwork.

Circe holds up both hands in defense, "I am NOT crazy enough ta be underground when using dynamite. It was just a thought," she tries to justify herself. Poorly. As for the quality of gas masks, "Couple hundred for a set of mil-spec surplus. We've gotten and used 'em before," she points towards the door, "Tear gas trick and Rust defense."

Circe was surprised Seraphina had forgotten the second part. "And about the same fer a surplus hazmat suit," she add as another matter. "We might as well buy in bulk if it is cheaper. Works with, uh, three things." She raises her left hand and counts, "The exit," second finger, "The Rust in the Hedge," and the third finger, "And lets others use my tear gas trick."

"We have 2 wheelbarrows down there," Circe correct Seraphina. She nods along when Seraphina tells Kray the rats were handled by a more animal friendly Lost member. As for the mechanics of it, she had ideas on it. "Thank you Kray," she nods to the Ogre as he offers to do manual labor, but frowns as the talk goes to the storm drains.

"Yes," she looks to Seraphina when she asks about flooding, "That is why it is so wet there, and why the ladder rusted away." That might seem to make sense to her. "I am worried about the storm drain. We clear it and a sewer worker stumbles inside," she leaves it hanging as to how bad it would be. "I mean," she puffs up, "I could falsify reports that it was repaired. But if we are going to repair it, we wanna do it so fast the mundies don't notice it," Circe gives her two cents.

"Uuuuh, Kray?" She looks at him, sipping her coffee again, "The poison is everywhere in that neighborhood. It COULD kill the rats, but it'd spread ta everywhere too. Bad idea," she tells him.

As for what was needed to do the work, she has to think on that. "Cement, rebar, and sealant would be the main things for the storm drain. Tools for breaking and building too. Timber and tools for the tunnel. It'd be easier for me and Seraphina ta seal up the drain side," Circe explains, "Same way we can use the toxic exit. Should make sealing it faster. I have no idea about making secret doors though. Maybe the wall first."

As for the cesspit, that had another question. Circe looks up a retail site for the area around the cesspit. "Umm, I see one problem with filling the pit. Is it still in use?" She searches, trying to find out if the addresses used cesspits. Circe frowns, "It overflowed at some point, so somehow it got filled too much. If it is used and we shut it down, they're gonna investigate it. Best check before we try ta fill it."

Circe types away at the laptop, chekcing the addresses nearest to the probable location of the cesspit.

failure

---
    Narration:
    Circe had not results from the quick search. Properties are there, but no she didn't search for sewage connections. Kray or Seraphina could instruct her to search for sewage vs cesspit connections instead, otherwise Circe will think she has failed in the search and need to hack the city's sewage management.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Kray has sat forward focusing more intently as the conversation swings into mechanics, dynamics and requirements. 'So. No dirt in the cess pits until we know if they're being used.' Makes sense. 'Block off the storm drain until a more discreet option can be installed, we could use the dirt for that maybe?' If it was blocking off one tunnel it could block off another just as well. 'The rats stay.' Great. 'And essentially construct a mine shaft in the collapsed tunnel.' Oh and gas masks, but that's a given and not something I can help with. 'That about sum it up?' Plenty to be working on it seems.

'Uh. One or two even I need both hands to steer a wheelbarrow under full load.' But a spare in case one breaks is no bad thing. 'I got tools that can dig, not so much for working with lumber though.' So my part in this seems simple enough.

Running through everything that been covered one last thing does stand out him . 'Hm. Sorry to deviate from the topic at hand but rust in the hedge? What an Urban area collapsing or is this to do with that car you left there?' Would that rust?

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A light chuckle, “I know, but just had to make sure.” She teases with a smirk. Then a few quick notes, “If we need to replace what we have, let me know and I’ll get you the money.” She wasn’t sure if they could only be used a certain number of times before they lost effeteness.

Nodding, “Then we buy in bulk.” She just needed the cost.

“If we need more then two, we can make that happen.” She forgot about the other one.

“Hmm, good point. That would make a problem for us, and we don’t need that. So do you think it would be best to just seal them off then? Just not even chance a worker stumbling upon them?” wanting Circes advice on how to solve that.

More things were written down, “So I guess that would all be stuff from a home improvement store? My SUV is pretty damn roomy, so I can offer to pick stuff up if it’s ordered.” She wouldn’t have any clue on where to start if she had to pick stuff out.

The words of the cesspit overflowing brought an ew look from the Nix. “How does one even begin to look into that?” this was out of her knowledge. And she hated it, feeling like she wasn’t contributing anything useful.

Looking to Kray, “Hearing it all laid out like that makes me realize we’ve got quite the work load.” It was a lot. “Did we want to narrow it down to what is necessary for the structure of the tunnels and safety? Would once place be best to start on?” narrowing down the work load would make it more manageable. “Well, the rats don’t have to stay, I would just prefer we use more humane methods to move them.” She wasn’t saying they had to stay.

“Could we setup one of the bigger rooms as a place to, well, construct things? Like how Circe has it setup now, a central location for tools and whatnot. Maybe, if there is ventilation, we can get a generator in there?” might help move things along.

“The Rust is in the Hedge and didn’t have to do with the truck collapsing, that was just the Hedge being the Hedge. But it’s some sort of, for lack of better term, infection. It’s extremely dangerous, a combination of various Hedge Fruits that will eat your skin, and who knows what else. Appears to spread like pollen, in the air. We’ve made a few expeditions into the infected area to grab some samples, we just need to study them and see if we can craft an antidote for it.”

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

6. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

This would be harder to find than she thought. Guess out of sight out of mind applied to shit. Circe sighs as she isn't sure either when Seraphina asks how to find it out. "We sealed it off already, I don't wanna open it ta check."

"I have money too Sera," she assures her fellow monarch, "Guns can wait, security is important. We'll pool the cash. Though yer SUV has more room than does mine."

"We got concrete," she tells Kray when he suggests using the dirt, "And plastic latices for holding it in place. Just get some water sealant, and it'll looks like it never collapsed."

"I have a garage full of tools," she also takes out her multitool. It flips and adjusts into various tools as she spins it like a butterfly knife, "Plus this."

Circe nods when Seraphina points out they've quite the workload. Even cheating as a Brownie, it'd be long for Circe to get the work done. "Ummm, the storm drain?" She asks. "Might be best ta close it up. Doubt the city noticed it yet, but it'll be safer."

"Ah," she nods along with the suggestion, "A staging area? Horde the supplies and tools in one spot? Get a table for blue prints? Plastic is fine. That'd work Sera! Brilliant!" Circe thinks on how to handle ventilation. "Vent hoses?" She looks them up. "Ah," she frowns, "25 feet is the long lengths. Drill up?" She checks the map, trying to figure out where they could leave a hole. It takes her time to overlay the tunnels with the surface map. Geography, not her strongest point.

Lazy option: "Or we can just get some C O two alarms and give it a go."

Then there is the issue of the Rust brought up. Circe nods along as Seraphina explains it to Kray. "It is airborne. Toxic to at least inhalation. We have the gas masks for it, though we also have a hazmat suit too." She had no idea how the experiments are going. Not her wheelhouse. "Spreads like normal plants, fruit drop and poof, more poison gas."

"And no," she shakes her head whlist addressing Kray, "Before ya ask. We don't know if burning or melting it will cause it to spread or not. Haven't tested that yet," she looks to Seraphina, "To my knowledge."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

8. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Kray Shrugs, and winces as it jolts his sore shoulders. 'Hm. Just thought using the dirt would be easier, less distance to cart it, no need to find anything to fill the gap.' All the same to me. 'If concrete is the call then concrete works just fine.' But. 'So. where are we going to put a cave in worth's of dirt once it's dug out?' And as for sealing it up. 'Ah. If sealing the the storm drain is the plan it's not going to be one of the escape routes then?' Currently I think it's the only one people who can't ghost are able to use at all regardless of safety, because if I read that map right we've got lethal eel pool, toxic air house and a caved in tunnel that might not lead anywhere as alternatives.

You know it might be worth asking, I did assume after all. 'Um. What are the rats are eating to keep them alive down there?' If it is what I think then no the rats do not have to stay.

He nods. 'Hm. yeah quite a bit to do, or we could split it.' Listening to all the plans there is not much he can contribute when it comes to getting stuff. 'Um. Sorry I don't have tons of funds to put towards this.' He's not ashamed by that just letting the queens know financial help will not becoming from him. 'What I can offer to all this is someone to cart stuff around and dig.' Basic construction as well, but I'm was no Engineer and Circe seems to have that covered in spades. 'I don't mind doing grunt work.' Someone has to. 'So. I could focus on clearing the collapse?' As things got more technical with gas masks and construction it was about all he had left to offer of not. Does not change that it needs doing.

But he does have a carbon dioxide objection. 'If it's closed space.' Like a mine. 'I think an alarm might be redundant.' It will go off eventually. 'Might as well put some canaries down there.' I'd rather not be gassed thank you. 'So yes Ventilation if we plan to fill it with smoke or fumes.' If safety is the priority that is a must.

Attention back and forth between the monarchs. 'Uh. That seems like a bit of a problem.' Not one he can solve either. 'Where should I be avoiding?' Something that would have been good to know when I got here in fact.

10. Likes , liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was a wince, they had already done that. “Sorry, it slipped my mind. Between when we did that and today, my minds been a bit of a jumble.” She was truly sorry for forgetting, and looked a bit embarrassed.

“Pooling money sounds great!” and it will make her feel like she is helping. “Just let me know when things need to be picked up and I’ll be there.” Might as well use the SUV for its space.

A shrug, “I was just building off what you’ve already got setup down there.” Circe was the one who got the staging area started. “Hmmm, not sure if we need the extra work. But could we possibly stage it closer to the entrance, and run cables to the main staging area? Or is that not something that will work with cords?” she remembers someone somewhere talking about the safety of electrical cords at certain lengths.

A shake of her head, “No tests have been run yet, it’s something we need to get on soon. I hate the thought of that crap spreading.” It was a huge risk. “But I did get some books and notebooks out of storage and plan to look through them.” It hadn’t been easy, but she had them. Though it still felt like a violation of trust, a trust that was broken by him.

“You make an excellent point Kray,” nodding, “I was just thinking of something more permanent but hadn’t thought of what to do with the dirt that’s been dug up.” See, this is why they needed multiple people to fix things. “I hate the thought of sealing up a possible escape route, but I don’t know if we want to risk some mundane worker finding it and alerting others. If we can find a way to make the drain safe, well, as safe as possible, I’m not opposed to keeping it open.” It seemed a difficult call to make, and she looks to Circe. The Summer Queen had spear headed this whole thing, and she would default to her logic on this.

Blinking, “Uh, I’m not actually sure. If Liam told us, I don’t remember and I don’t have anything written down. I just know if we leave them alone, they seem content to leave us alone.” And had just gone with that,

“I’m more then happy to split it and pick up a shovel or push a wheelbarrow.” She was completely on board with that. Then a shake of her head, “Don’t’ worry about it, as a Freehold we work together and contribute where and what we can.” And it sounded like he was willing to take on most of the heavy lifting.

Pulling out another notebook, she reads off the address of the park where the Gate was. “It’s just inside that Gate, so I would avoid entering the Hedge from there without full hazmat gear. And make sure you do not touch it or let the spores get on your skin and of course, don’t inhale it. Not sure exactly what it would do if inhaled, so lets not chance it. While I was able to heal another Lost who came into contact with it on his skin, we need to be careful.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

12. Likes , , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

What was with their need for power? They could use electricity from cords for a lot of things, true, but they are Changelings. They know how to do without in the Hedge all the time. Hollows didn't link up to any grid. And there are mechanical tools that are a thing. She had a hand drill press herself! Just in case she had to dive into the Hedge to escape the Feds, she wanted tools that would still work there.

Circe responds to the running of cables. "It is a few city blocks of power cables, we had ta walk for a while." And those kind of cables tended to not be readily available. Maybe for mining supplies. "We'd hafta shop from mine suppliers for that kinda long cables. Not just a hardware store," she was worried that'd have investigations. "But we are what we are. We know how ta work without power tools," she puffs up in pride, "We can do it in a Hollow, we can certainly do it Iron Side." Circe lets it sink in before providing an alternative modern solution, "Or we use ones with batteries. No Hedge Wyrd-ness ta muck them up."

"We'll figure something out with the dirt," she assures him. There was a few alcoves they could just dump it into was there not? Yes, she was sure there was. "We can check the map. There is probably something that could be shored up with it. I can think of two alternatives," she brings up the tunnel map onto the projector. And hovers the mouse over the tunnel after the speak easy. The dead end. "This is filled with concrete. Cover it in dirt, anyone drills in they think it is full. Or mud bricks, I don't know."

Circe really wasn't sure on that. Talking it out should help. They also had several empty alcoves they could just dump it in.

"Kray," she looks at him as he brings up the storm drain escape route. She points at him and shouts praise at him, "THAT point is exactly why this is the planning stage." Because making sure water didn't get in and people could get out was somewhat in conflict. Secret door? Circe sips her coffee. Secret door. "Secret doors. We already seen a few. We could do a mock up?" She thinks on this for a moment, "Yes. A fake wall whilst we work on the real one with a secret door."

A thin concrete wall could do that. Something they can smash after the real one and hidden door are done. She nods, "Split the middle. No mundy gets in, but we get the time ta work on getting out securely. Oh hey, could probably vent anything into the storm drain if ya do want a generator after the fake wall goes up."

A pollution solution.

"Probably bugs, shrooms, and whatever else they can find," she answers Kray on the culinary options of vermin. "We haven't found dead hobos, so human flesh isn't on the list."

If they had canaries, they'd have to watch out for poody tats eating them. Circe didn't voice this concern.

The hazmat Hedge problem. "Let us, well, the whole 'hold know what ya find Sera. Please and thanks," she concludes on the research. "Or tell me if ya need a place for testing disposal." Circe wasn't a bridge burner, but if it worked it worked in this case. If they couldn't purify the Trod, then it was a lost cause that needed to be amputated.

"We can get some hazmat for, well, waste cleanup. Industrial type, so not airtight but cheap. Add gas mask and duct tape," she explains to Kray, "Airtight seal improvised. We had something that does protect fully, but is cumbersome ta move in. Also kinda disposable. I can get more," she looks to Seraphina, "But like Sera said, be careful. Thorns don't react well with the cheap safety suits."

At least not the one she'd bought. Took less time than cleaning a suit though, that was for sure.

thoughts on construction rules

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

'Ah.' Now that's more like it. 'Shoring something up, that's putting it to good use.' I can get behind that. He checks the map as Circe navigates to it making sure he knows where the dead end wall is in relation to the collapsed shaft. Why waste a perfectly good and free resource like what could be tons of dirt. 'Oh. Mud bricks even better.' I could do that as well. 'That doesn't sound to hard or expensive so definitely something I could do.' Quite satisfied with the idea Circe presented.

He was not expecting to be the sudden recipient of pointing and shouts and it takes the ogre a moment to realise it's positive. 'Uh. Yeah, is there a reason we couldn't mimic the mechanism of the door we found into the poison house?' It seemed to have worked well enough. Until it rusted anyway. 'Or maybe a small secret tunnel around the seal off wall?' So the walls solid but something still lets people out? And even better it could serve another purpose if we do need to vent.

Probably that doesn't really assuage the uneasy feeling in his gut about the rats. 'Hm. I wasn't worried about it being human meat.' Should I have been? should I be? 'But if they aren't harming I don't have a good reason to see them gone.' Just a unexpected dislike and slightly nauseous feeling in my gut.

Right so good thing I didn't go poking around the local hedge then. 'Ah. Sounds nasty. I'll steer clear.' Autumn hollow has a way into the a hedge if I need one.

Otherwise he seems content to wait for the distribution of duties or the go ahead to start digging.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread