Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

PrP: Tunnels Off the Rails

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 21, 2024 : PRP Railing against the dark
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    New Identity:● ● John Donoghue
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    (Autumn: Illusory Candle flames)
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●
    Source less, sorcerous candle flames flicker in and out.

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3
    Fighting style: Brute Force 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

As offers of armour, weapons, aid, and even hedgespun disguises, that one tempts him, pour across from the sovereigns, the Ogre seems a little overwhelmed. "Uh. whoa, whoa. That's very kind of you both." Not sure how to politely turn down all of that. "But I don't need any of that, save it for people who do." To Sarah first. "There is no way I can afford something nice as a hedgespun sack never mind a disguise I got nothing to put towards it." And nothing hedgespun ever comes cheap. Not that I would want a disguise. "Circe I got my jacket for armour, and my fists, if it comes to it my teeth, for punching back." Or just crush a spine people tend to run when they see that. "I suck with guns of all sorts more likely to blow my own foot off." Not to mention the trigger guard always gets caught on my too big fingers.

"If you think it would be safe for you disguised then by all means come with." With all those options she must have one that will work. "If that would make you feel better about it." Solo was just my way of doing it safe but I'm not married to the notion.

Sneaking has it's uses. "If it's something we do end up doing is there anything to stop us just walking in or is sneaking the best bet?" I can't exactly dive behind a lamppost.

He nods. "Yeah apologies gone a little off track, is there any more to be said of the tunnels?"
    Ogre:GristleGrinder/Troll Preadators Gaze

2. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Pouring herself more tea, then offering some to Kray, knowing Circe had coffee, “Only the corniest will do!” then a shrug, “Not sure if I know anything or even a little bit, just what I found worked.” And that was that.

“Anytime Circe, always happy to keep you caffeinated!” a caffeinated Circe was a Happy Circe.
    “Only thing, I don’t know if the mirror is still available in that store. But I don’t think we would have that big of a problem finding another way back. And I don’t think the guards would have learned much, I mean, I had them going on a pretty fun scavenger hunt.”

Laughing, “That we have, but at least it derailed to an important discussion.” So there was that.
    A shake of her head, “No, it does not work, it immediately drops. Same way any Hedgespun will immediately activate. The Hedge knows what we are and it will not hide us.” It was just how it was. “But yeah, sounds like we have a lot we want to get done. Maybe splitting tasks is the easiest way to get most of it done. I can research them, but unfortunately, makeup doesn’t hide much for me, I’m not that skilled with it.” She could pop on a wig and maybe some contacts, but she was still going to a Fairest and draw attention.

She knew she couldn’t force him to take Hedgespun, “Well, a lot of materials can be gathered from within the Hedge with your own hands. It just depends on what is needed. But I understand what you are saying, and the offer will stand if you change your mind. I love Hedgespinning for those around me, and would enjoy making you something some day as well.” No pressure, just making sure the offer was out there.

“Well, last I was in the Orchard, well, the barn, it was in shambles. There was the explosion Circe caused which damaged the barn, and the trees. Though Rhodes went through and killed them. There was no one there, except the guard I was with, but they had a Gate going from the warehouse to the upper level of the barn. I did manage to destroy the Gate on the Hedge side, but there is nothing to stop them from rebuilding and taking back over the spot. So the only thing stopping us from just walking up is not knowing if they’ve setup camp again. If they have, then I don’t think we’ll be welcome guests.” Best to check it out first.

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe nurses her coffee as the conversation continues.

"Alright Kray," she accepts his rejection. What, she can be practical? "If yer sure ya have enough kit." Though she'd say I told you so if he didn't. She was a little irked about the rejection of guns. She had so many, but she can't get a firing line going. Such a shame. "Though keep us both in mind Kray," Circe sips her coffee as she points back and forth between herself and Seraphina, "If ya get some good stuff from the Hedge and want to commission." She nods to Seraphina, "Yes, we can spin stuff. From nothing, is going to be trash. But if ya get some beastie's destructive part, hide, or shell? We can make something stronger with that."

As for the mirrors, Circe was confident the gates in the barn were done. "Well, we can just buy the mirror, though I think the otherside was blown out oh ho ho oh," she laughs, "But yeah. The guards were stupid." Circe agrees with a nod. "It is the only rally point in the Hedge we know of. Maybe they have some notes left there, maybe we find nothing," Circe concludes. If all else failed, they could do one other thing to track them down.

"Checking there gives us a delay until we get the safety gear. Do the research. Or visit a Market to barter for intel," Circe summarizes to Kray and Seraphina.

Though it was disappointing that the Mask wouldn't dial in for a quick disguise. So, it was just other disguises then? "Right, right," she nods at Sera, "Hollywood can't disguise us. Only full coverings. Not subtle, but heavy armor disguises everything if it has face protection. Can't tell if I'm a gal or guy in the riot gear."

The tunnels? "Well, orders I can do now, easy enough. I can use Brownie ta bullshit the facade up," she offers as splitting the work comes up, "It'll speed up the work. That way we don't have to worry about it. Make it a priority. Phase out with the supplies, phase back in when done."

She'd probably be unarmed to save on Glamour, but it'd work.

ooc 3 days left, we good to wrap?
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes liked this post
    New Identity:● ● John Donoghue
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    (Autumn: Illusory Candle flames)
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●
    Source less, sorcerous candle flames flicker in and out.

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3
    Fighting style: Brute Force 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Kray stretches getting to ready to start moving around soon, time was getting on. and nods. 'So. For tunnels, I need to be building boxes for dirt and supports for the ceiling before I dig out the collapse. And use dirt blocks and bricks to improve access and maybe make a few storage sheds.'' I'll probabaly just brick up those alcoves they mentioned to dump the dirt in and leave space for a door. ''Once the façade is up then clear away the storm drain collapse so something more robust can be put in to disguise and deter.'' That about sums up my parts in this I think.

A finger makes the rollover motion. ''Uh. Then regarding this rust. Wait on the research, the disguise and the market visit before going to check on Anne's leftovers to see if they have any involvement.'' Because that's about the only part I'll be actually helpful for so far. He looks between the queens to make sure he has recalled all of that correctly. And of course try to work on my contract to shrivel plant life, that might be rather needed.

Yep all good , thank you for the scene
    Ogre:GristleGrinder/Troll Preadators Gaze

8. Likes , liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“Well Circe, remember Rhodes breaking that mirror?” because she did. She had actually considered buying it when it was broken. “The business might still be there, so it might be worth looking into, especially if it gets us a back way to the orchard.” And they did have some nice antiques there.

“I’ll get to work on the list of supplies needed, maybe have them delivered to the main offices, then I’ll work on moving them into the tunnels or something.” It would take her a while, but she was going to be helpful. “And also, I’m good with luck and providing, inspiration, to help with crafting should it be needed.” Cause that’s about all she could do with construction.

I'm good to close Thank you both a fun scene!
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

10. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"We have a plan," she declares cheerfully. And does some typing as well. "Aaaand we have five suits on the way. And big honky safety gloves," because those had actually worked out well. "I'll stop by a hardware store, get ya some lumber for ya Kray. Check the surplus fer shovels. Have to go there to get more, ahem, scary gas masks."

The Lost continue to mingle and snack until they depart.

Great scene everyone. I'll put some XP toward the tunnels, plus resource buys for the construction supplies and gas masks.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread